Scottish Cup 5th Round - Saints v Partick 11/2/17

jhq

Guest ScottMann

As an oldie I am of the opinion it's one game at a time.

BUT, let's try to win 'email all.

C.O.Y.S.

Totally agree but I'd take finishing 10th, 11th even if we won the play off, plus another cup win over a straight 4th place. Let's leave the Arsenal syndrome to the English.

Must admit I can't believe anyone prefering one league place higher over a cup win. Watching too much tv imho. #AMF

You know fine well that wasn't the question. The question was which to prioritise, the context being a cup win is highly unlikely whereas 4th is very doable.  The consensus on here is clearly "both". 

Guest ScottMann

You know fine well that wasn't the question. The question was which to prioritise, the context being a cup win is highly unlikely whereas 4th is very doable.  The consensus on here is clearly "both". 

Looks like you're as bad a mind reader as you are a comedian then. 

This is good to know and I would love to win as well but the league is my priority.

Yes. 100%

My reckoning is finishing fourth is achievable where as winning the cup is beyond us this year know matter how well we play.  

Sorry Abernethy,  but ScottMan was correct -  that WAS the question. Accordingly to Jet we have no chance of winning the cup and should concentrate on the league. 

Sorry Abernethy,  but ScottMan was correct -  that WAS the question. Accordingly to Jet we have no chance of winning the cup and should concentrate on the league. 

I cannot and will not accept that we have no chance of winning the cup. my post above may well be fanciful in the extreme but I do firmly believe that Septic are incapable of getting the treble that therefore leaves the cup to be won by one of the other diddy clubs ie US........THE SUPER SAINTEES.....COYS

Guest ScottMann

Thanks jhq. There's also this opinion from someone...

if we had to choose, I'd vote for going for fourth.

Anyway, lets not take your superbly opened thread off course any more! Here's to taking our Celtic game frustrations out on their fellow weegies tomorrow.

Your wrong. I said "my" priority was the league because it  gave us best chance of reward. I'd love to win the cup again but I am realist. Please feel free to have a different opinion of course but don't speak for me I can do that just fine.

Yes. 100%

My reckoning is finishing fourth is achievable where as winning the cup is beyond us this year know matter how well we play.  

Saint Jet,  the above post is yours. Do you see the bit where you've said winning the cup is beyond us? 

Saint Jet,  the above post is yours. Do you see the bit where you've said winning the cup is beyond us? 

What is your Point? 

Are you missing something? I have paraphrased but essentially said the same thing. 

What do you care if my opinion is different from yours? 

Let me explain; this is a place where people come to exchange views. Mine is different from yours. Enjoy the game tomorrow and hopefully if Ando lifts the cup in May you can can tell me you were right to have more faith in our chances.

You started the "game" thread; do have anything to add to the topic? 

My ideal winners this weekend

ICT

Ayr

Dunfermline

East Fife

Ross County

St Johnstone (obviously)

Morton

Hibs

and onwards to a Saints v Ayr or Hibs final

Obviously this is very unlikely to happen in its entireity but it is a nice thought.

If you substitute the spending beyond their means cup holders that would make a "Carlsberg" week-end.