Scottish cup 4th round draw Monday 4.45

Cagey

Back in the icy winter of 1979, the Scottish Cup second-round clash between Inverness Thistle and Falkirk had to be postponed no fewer than 29 times. The original date for the game was January 6, but the clubs had to wait 47 days until the Kings Mills ground was eventually declared playable, on February 22. 

Guest ScottMann
3 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Asking someone to be less condescending by being condescending. 

Did you agree with Dave H's post?

It's what it deserved.

The content of Dave H's post is irrelevant. The style of response was totally uncalled for.

Begs the question why it wasn't rearranged for tomorrow, Wednesday, to give it a better chance of getting the game on, particularly the people in charge of rearrangements could most likely see the task at hand.

Find it hard to believe they couldn't clear all the snow from the pitch on Monday.

Roll on the fixture congestion in the league!

Rovers looking to get there 2 players back from suspension? So can face us?

Edited by Dave H

17 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Begs the question why it wasn't rearranged for tomorrow, Wednesday, to give it a better chance of getting the game on, particularly the people in charge of rearrangements could most likely see the task at hand.

Find it hard to believe they couldn't clear all the snow from the pitch on Monday.

Roll on the fixture congestion in the league!

Rovers looking to get there 2 players back from suspension? So can face us?

I think people are being really unfair on Albion Rovers and their efforts to get the game on. Please remember this game was postponed due to the elements and a really large snow fall. Rovers are a lower division club with limited reduces to real with this. It sounds like they have done all they can. With all the resources we have, we have had games postponed when the pitch is playable but didn't clear the car park. We live in Scotland, what do you expect. All credit to Albion Rovers and their fans (and some of ours) for their efforts to date 

Edited by PanamaSaint

Confirmation from Saints that the Hamilton game has been postponed:

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/cliftonhill-tie-postponed-again230117

Tonight's William Hill Scottish Cup tie against Albion Rovers FC has been postponed for a second time.

The Cliftonhill pitch failed a 2pm inspection due to waterlogging.

The game is now scheduled for next Monday 29th January at 7.45pm.

Should that game end in a draw requiring a replay then that replay would take place 48 hours later on Wednesday 31st January at 7.45pm.

With that in mind, the scheduled SPFL Premiership match v Hamilton Academical FC on Wednesday 31st January is therefore postponed (irrespective of outcome of the cup tie) and a new date will be found in due course.

11 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Confirmation from Saints that the Hamilton game has been postponed:

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/cliftonhill-tie-postponed-again230117

Tonight's William Hill Scottish Cup tie against Albion Rovers FC has been postponed for a second time.

The Cliftonhill pitch failed a 2pm inspection due to waterlogging.

The game is now scheduled for next Monday 29th January at 7.45pm.

Should that game end in a draw requiring a replay then that replay would take place 48 hours later on Wednesday 31st January at 7.45pm.

With that in mind, the scheduled SPFL Premiership match v Hamilton Academical FC on Wednesday 31st January is therefore postponed (irrespective of outcome of the cup tie) and a new date will be found in due course.

This just reinforces my point about the pointless winter break; no game for 5 weeks and then the possibility of cramming two games in within 48 hours, then back to back fixtures to clear the backlog. Crazy- who knows what will happen if our game against Partick gets called off! ( unlikely I know)

13 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

This just reinforces my point about the pointless winter break; no game for 5 weeks and then the possibility of cramming two games in within 48 hours, then back to back fixtures to clear the backlog. Crazy- who knows what will happen if our game against Partick gets called off! ( unlikely I know)

Plus the Killie game could have actually gone ahead this week now as well.

Got to laugh at clearing the terracing 3 times. Priority surely is the pitch?  Snow still on the pitch this morning.

After the call off on Saturday was the rest of the pitch cleared on Saturday?  Seems not.  Therefore only needing to shift the Sunday snowfall would have been far easier yesterday.

Drainage is supposed to be good, according to some comments. Last snow fell on Sunday. The pitch wasn't frozen.  Couldn't get a game on 48 hours after the last snow?  Haddies!  Oh but we cleared the terracing 3 times.  

13 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Got to laugh at clearing the terracing 3 times. Priority surely is the pitch?  Snow still on the pitch this morning.

After the call off on Saturday was the rest of the pitch cleared on Saturday?  Seems not.  Therefore only needing to shift the Sunday snowfall would have been far easier yesterday.

Drainage is supposed to be good, according to some comments. Last snow fell on Sunday. The pitch wasn't frozen.  Couldn't get a game on 48 hours after the last snow?  Haddies!  Oh but we cleared the terracing 3 times.  

Which will not be required now as we could probably all get in main stand on a Monday night.

The snow in my garden cleared itself in 2 days so it looks like they had a lot of effort for nothing.

26 minutes ago, Dave H said:

When you consider on Saturday it took an average of around 35 people 3.5 hours to clear 30% of the pitch plus get the surrounding areas gritted then you can see how long it takes to clear a full pitch. Those 35 people were like burst balls by then - most of them over the age of 45. No way they could carry on for the full day. I'm reasonably fit and my back was killing me by half eleven. You have to remember that the snow you dig out in the middle of pitch has to be dragged 50 yards to the side and dumped on top of an ever growing mountain of snow. And it's heavy. And it's slow.

So all the volunteers left on Sat and they had absolute blizzards on Sunday  - another 4 or 5 inches of snow laying. Nothing you can do about that and no clearing could go on. Even if they covered the areas that were previously cleared you still need to dig that out again. 

On Monday they got landscape gardening company to come on (for free) to clear the pitch as best they could. Remember everyone is at work - not easy to get volunteers.  By that point the thaw starts and the ground starts to get a bit soggy. Then today, it's absolutely pissed it down the full day on an already soggy pitch.

I'm not sure what else they could have done? Sometimes in Scotland the weather is just shite.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Why not play it on Saturday .Would mean cancelling Patrick game instead of Hamilton & left room for replay on Monday. Would not have suited Rovers but they are up to date with fixtures not having had a winter break.

I think you can only play replays/rearranged cup games midweek. Might be another rule I've wrongly picked up from somewhere else though. 

This game goes to a replay we're looking at six games in fourteen days. 

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

It is a bit mental they bring the break in to help players avoid injuries, and then force them to play a game every three days for a month straight after. 

2 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Thanks to hoodlum for going out of his way to get me a ticket when I managed to get up for a few days, even though I pissed him off mithering about if the game was on or not . :laugh: .

Thanks also to Susan in the club for booking me on a bus.

Question is , ( if you can read this through your beer glass bottom) are you still available for Monday ?

I have been asked if you still need your ticket.