St Johnstone v Partick Thistle, 27 January 2018

PanamaSaint

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright: "We put ourselves under so much pressure with how we started, again. We can't go 15 minutes, especially at home, without conceding a goal.

"Players haven't learned, so I'm going to have to make big decisions. We've got young players that I may have to throw in. Maybe I've been too loyal to too many for too long.

"Hopefully, we can get bodies in but, again, we are waiting until right at the end of the window to do that, which is not ideal. It's obvious that we need to freshen things up.

"Saying that, the referee makes a ridiculous decision. I don't know what he disallows David Wotherspoon's goal.

"Overall, we weren't good enough and the players know that. It's the first time since I've been here that I couldn't go in there (the dressing room) because all hell might have broke loose."

Sorry Tommy you are 6 months too late.

No leadership on the park far less off of it, has been the case since Wright and Mackay left when we had two leaders! Still not competing from kickoff and once again conceding first goal, Tommy has mentioned this fact in his post match summary, but this has been a recurring problem even before this season and has’nt been addressed. We do not have much luck and still seem to get punished for mistakes or in some cases the officials errors, but as is the case when any team is successful...you make your own luck! Game in hand may be crucial, but need to get things right as certain so called better teams have ended their season looking forward to championship football.

I put my hands up I am a biased Saints fan 

8 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Sorry Tommy you are 6 months too late.

I didn’t see too much wrong with our ‘offside’ goal to be honest... I realise I am not unbiased when I say this, however it is decisions like these that are killers... as I have said before we are a team with no confidence...hopefully at some point things click.. COYS 

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saints said:

I put my hands up I am a biased Saints fan 

I didn’t see too much wrong with our ‘offside’ goal to be honest... I realise I am not unbiased when I say this, however it is decisions like these that are killers... as I have said before we are a team with no confidence...hopefully at some point things click.. COYS 

Was it not a foul on a random defender?  Didn't see anything wrong myself. Flag didn't go up, if it did I missed it. Poor decision.

Edited by Dave H

When did we last score at home from open play?

Today was just so predictable.

Kane and McMillan should have started.

Can see us in play-off place.

This has been coming for last two years.

Will we even get through on Monday, on today's showing not confident.

Just imagine, if we had won we would be in top 6. That's how crazy this league is.

Unfortunately there was only one team desperate to win today. They were faster fitter & could win the ball & actually pass it. Forward most of the time as Saints first incling is to pass it back.

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Just imagine, if we had won we would be in top 6. That's how crazy this league is.

Unfortunately there was only one team desperate to win today. They were faster fitter & could win the ball & actually pass it. Forward most of the time as Saints first incling is to pass it back.

Yeh, imagine us winning.....Just imagine.

I don’t think anyone deliberately goes out to play badly...we are notoriously bad when we lose the first goal. Partick out played us all over the park today.. I don’t think we deliberately played bad.. I hate saying this we just aren’t good enough...

Sadly Scougall too small & looked even smaller against the ‘Amazons’ that are Thistle..not singling him out though, however Denny Johnstone the one person with any real height taken off.. anyway must concentrate on the next game, we need to salvage what’s left of our season.. wonder if we still hold the Indian sign over Dundee Utd ;-) 

Last 8 matches (AT HOME)

GP W D L GF GA GD Pts 2.5+
1 Celtic 8 6 2 0 16 3 +13 20 38%
2 Rangers 8 5 1 2 14 7 +7 16 50%
3 Partick Thistle 8 5 0 3 10 8 +2 15 38%
4 Hearts 8 3 5 0 10 3 +7 14 12%
5 Aberdeen 8 4 1 3 11 10 +1 13 62%
6 Motherwell 8 3 2 3 10 7 +3 11 25%
7 Hibernian 8 3 2 3 10 10 0 11 62%
8 Kilmarnock 8 3 2 3 12 13 -1 11 62%
9 Ross County 8 2 2 4 9 12 -3 8 50%
10 Dundee FC 8 2 1 5 6 9 -3 7 38%
11 Hamilton 8 1 3 4 8 13 -5 6 62%
12 St Johnstone 8 0 2 6 2 17 -15 2 6

5 minutes ago, Saline Saint said:

Tommy says we will have to wait untill the end of the window untill we may bring fresh faces in.Brace yourselves here come the scraps off others tables and we’ll rehab/resurrect careers yet again

#well pissed off

And while we have got lucky with this a few times in the past, we have had the luxury of points and decent league position to allow rusty players to get up to speed. We don’t have that now, if we slip further now, we’ll get sucked into the relegation battle if we aren’t there already. We need to bring in players that can make an instant impact and that costs money that we will just not spend. Big week ahead for Brown and Wright.

We have 2 games in hand. Away to Well and away to Killie.  6 points in the bag from them, suddenly chasing 5th place Hearts... going to be some run into the split... 6th ensures survival. 7th place finish could still see you relegated in playoffs it's so tight.