Player contracts and transfers

David123

Heard we signed up some of the current squad for next season , which ones and for how long ?

Have you? Good news! We always leave this too late for comfort IMO.

I'd hope for Mannus, Wright and C.Davidson in the first batch.

Guest Mongy Max

How much truth is in that? Before the last fame Adams was in the paper saying Britain wad regretting it then we sing brittain is a saintee, hates the ****in county for large parts of the game.

Perhaps more Adams dirty tricks

Eta no direct comment from player or county, lazy journalism!

Edited by Mongy Max

I'd say there is a good chance its just mind games. If its not and he really does want out then tough county will have to pay. This is the danger with pre-contracts and these are the risks you take when you sign them.

Edited by Broon

Do we really want a player if he's not 100% committed to the club?

I'm not sure what the situation is with this type of thing to be honest. I seem to remember there being talk that, once a pre-contract is signed, the player either has to go to the team he signs for or the team he currently plays for. Morton tried similar with Chris Millar, but he was true to his word and came to Saints.

We'll see I suppose.

Had a strange feeling this was going to happen...

Brittian wants out of Saints deal...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/392231/Richard-Brittain-wants-out-of-Saints-deal

=======€==================

Claims he wants to remain at Ross Co.

Dingwall officials have denied a counter-offer has been made.

Doesn't seem to add up. Who's his agent?

Sounds like a team who will be in division 3 next season have been in touch with his agent.

They new what they were signing up for when the deal was done.

Not a good situation at all. About the only way this can turn out for the good is if it is County that have made this up to shit-stir and Brittain comes out and refutes it and expresses his disgust at County doing this.

Otherwise, the next best thing is that we get some cash and he stays at County. If Saints stick to their guns and make him come to us, then what will we be getting? A player who doesn't want to be with us and the fans will be on his back almost immediately.

These situations can turn around. Look at Teves at Man City for example....who would have thought he would ever play for them again! Maybe we need to think that this is not a slur on us and that it is not that Brittain doesn't want to come to us per se, it's that he doesn't want to leave County, and to a degree you can understand that.

If however, as somebody suggested, it is so he can go to you know who, then he is nothing but a feckin w**k

Brittain wants to stay at County

Ross County star Richard Brittain has asked St Johnstone to rip up a pre-contract deal to join the Perth club, after admitting he wants to stay in Dingwall.

Brittain had been due to start a two-year agreement at the end of this season, but with County now chasing a Europa League spot, the midfielder is keen to see it through.

However, St Johnstone manager Steve Lomas said: “As far as I am concerned, Richard Brittain has signed a pre-contract with us and will come to St Johnstone. We have lodged the papers and done everything by the book and we expect Richard to be a St Johnstone player next season.” (Daily Express)

This will all depend on his proffessionalism, if true he wants to stay at County. If RC really want to keep him will they manage to come to a good financial agreement that suits both clubs, if so a nice little and needed earner for Saints. If not, do we end up with a player who's heart really isnt in it to play for us,i would like to think that he is proffessional enough to give us 100% on his arrival here,so this situation is a win win for Saints.