Player contracts and transfers

David123

Willo Flood is an excellent player but he'll be one of United's top earners and there's little chance we could afford him. He's in the same mould as Chris Millar, which probably explains why some fans don't appreciate him.

He is like Chris Millar.....but with an occasional end product

Willo Flood is an excellent player but he'll be one of United's top earners and there's little chance we could afford him. He's in the same mould as Chris Millar, which probably explains why some fans don't appreciate him.

I was thinking along the lines of us losing Davidson and Craig, who are both pretty decent earners, the whole Brittain fiasco potentially freeing up money/ bringing in a bit of cash. Combined with utd having their own financial constraints and their freshening up of the midfield with the Partick thistle players coming in might provide a bit of scope for us to get a very able replacement for some of our outgoing players.

I agree it's a long shot though.

Speculating but I suspect if Flood halved what he currently earns each week at United, Saints still would struggle to afford him. I think United pushed the boat out to get him off the back of losing Gomis, Buaben and Conway and he used up much of their free budget that summer. There clearly are parallels with the situation we now find ourselves in but if United can't afford to keep him, realistically we aren't going to being to afford him either.

Could do far worse than look at Steven Saunders who is being released by Motherwell. Could be added to the squad in place of McCracken for me.

Saunders would be a great signing. Still young, versatile and actually quite experienced considering his age. Doubt we'd have to break the bank either. McCracken has been a decent player for us, but I don't think he's as good a player as we could get for the money.

Saunders has barely played in the last couple of years but did he not get a call up/ cap for Scotland before his injury? He was definitely highly rated and we could do much worse than having him on our books. Though I suspect with Gary miller or perhaps McCracken would have to depart before we took on another defender.

Didn't think Flood's wages would be that high Radord, but then I didn't realise they brought him in after their midfield exodus. We do have quite a similar situation though with the core of our team for the last few years leaving, so it'll be interesting to see what Lomas can pull out the bag, on his limited budget.

Abeid to Ross County? Saints not following up interest in him?

If true, I'd have to say I'd be disappointed, but I don't make the decisions.

Really looks like he could develop into quite a player.

=====================

Article is a load of rubbish taken from an Algerian website that has previous.

Look on the Abeid thread.

Edited by Born2Bru

Depends if Falkirk have actually offered him a contract equating to the same amount or greater that he is on. I'll be honest I don't know very much about Stewart Murdoch, but he seems to be fairly highly rated at Falkirk and fans would be sad to see him go. Anyone know what type of midfielder he is, for some reason I've it in my head he's a better, younger, less injury prone Jamie Adams, or is that a diservice to him??

'' Usually plays just infront of the back 4. Not the most gifted player but a good lad who will always put in 110% and never shys out a tackle.Flourished with Mark Millar beside him last season but has found this one a lot tougher going as Pressley never signed a replacement, so he has had to do a lot of the dirty work on his own. In conclusion, not a stand out but would be a solid signing. ''

Direct quote from a Falkirk fan on P&B, when I asked, I'll keep folk informed if more tell me more.

Don't understand what folk have against Midge, personally really pleased he's signed another deal he always puts in a shift and is a genuine nice bloke, no big ego slowing him down like certain others.

Ross County are taking the piss with both Brittain and Abeid. I don't want Brittain here if he's not going to be 100% commited so take compensation from County and use it to sign somebody decent. Really hoping we hold on to Abeid as he's a big talent.