Player contracts and transfers

David123

Can't believe there are folk writing off Shaughnessy already. He's 22 FFS, Infant in terms of defence.

He WILL make mistakes but if we give him game time he could potentially turn into a good SPL player with resale potential at some stage.

I'm happy to see a shift in transfer policy. Great to see us bringing in a couple of decent youngsters rather than players close to hanging up their boots for a change.

To be fair, I've only seen one person make a negative post about him.  As others have said, he looks to be a very good signing.

Are we still linked with the winger we had from Bury?
Joe Cardle and James Dayton are both free, and whilst neither are standout players both have had decent seasons in the past. Dayton especially I've seen dominate Saints at McD, but that was a fair while ago and he obviously didn't impress too much on loan at St. Mirren. I guess its telling Oldham see Croft as a step-up
Neither exciting but this could be the reality of Saints signings 

Are we still linked with the winger we had from Bury?

Joe Cardle and James Dayton are both free, and whilst neither are standout players both have had decent seasons in the past. Dayton especially I've seen dominate Saints at McD, but that was a fair while ago and he obviously didn't impress too much on loan at St. Mirren. I guess its telling Oldham see Croft as a step-up

Neither exciting but this could be the reality of Saints signings 

I think Cardle's a championship player in all honesty - he's struggled in the top flight with Dunfermline and now county. I'd rather we didn't bother.

Dayton is a good shout though. Maybe not as effective as he's been previously at St Mirren during his loan spell, but he's a very good player. Still quite young I think too, even if he is the hairiest man on the planet.

I agree MS - Miller will likely feel a bit hard done by, but he's never really challenged Mackay for his jersey. He's played well recently and will be able to do a job at this level for someone else though I think.

In a way that's promising news Kyle, because Miller is more than capable at this level, if not exceptional.  To think he's being let go because we have 7 better defenders!!

Not what I heard at the Celtic game, player has decided his future lies elsewhere? Just a story? Like many others!!

Not what I heard at the Celtic game, player has decided his future lies elsewhere? Just a story? Like many others!!

Missed this post earlier.

All the power to him. He's been here for 3 years now and he's never fully established his place in the team. The fact we've brought in a player who can play that positions suggests Miller is leaving. If it's on his own steam, good for him.

Actually it shows all players who give their information to it (or whose agents do). I'm pretty certain on this but I guess a little short of 100%

So Fraz either wanted to see what else he could get or, more likely, was preparing for the possibility of not getting a new deal it just hasn't been updated yet

Wright was apparently only offered a deal yesterday. Understandable that he'd want to put his details out there in case he wasn't offered a deal.

He's been talking for a while with Saints and they agreed to wait til the season was done before actually signing any contract.

He always wanted to stay, Tommy always wanted to keep him. The decision lay squarely with the Chairman.

That from the horses mouth, nothing sensationalist or whatever.

As for the list of 'Free Agents' it's an automatic list circulated by SFA/SPFL/Whoever of those that have yet to sign new contracts, not a list of those who have been released, necessarily.

He's been talking for a while with Saints and they agreed to wait til the season was done before actually signing any contract.

He always wanted to stay, Tommy always wanted to keep him. The decision lay squarely with the Chairman.

That from the horses mouth, nothing sensationalist or whatever.

As for the list of 'Free Agents' it's an automatic list circulated by SFA/SPFL/Whoever of those that have yet to sign new contracts, not a list of those who have been released, necessarily.

Excellent - glad we've avoided another Callum Davidson situation here. Announcing that the chairman was releasing Davidson in the October of his last season playing with us was just plain shite - he was still playing well, his age was completely irrelevant. If that is the case with Wright (and I don't doubt that it is) then him signing the contract should hopefully be a mere formality.

With regards to the 'free agents' list - it's compiled by the PFA and the players listed are at the request of the players themselves. Wright must've contacted them personally, otherwise he wouldn't have appeared. If you look, only one or two of the players released by County appear there at the moment. None of the other Saints players currently out of contract appear on the list either.