Player contracts and transfers

David123

Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm fairly sure Lappin signed a 2yr deal when he arrived so he will be going nowhere.

He did, but players can be given the option to move for the sake of playing football, Lappin isn't here for the money. He had a decent career down south and I'd imagine he'd actively want to leave if he was dropping further down the pecking order.

Agree with a few of you.

Can't see where Craig would come into the team.

Be good if Swanson came back but think they want to keep him with having a new manager. He'd be costly as well but reckon he'd be worth it.

Would like a signing where we can say, how the hell we manage to get him.

Is Gareth Bale still unhappy at Real??

I don't agree Lappin would leave if frozen out, unless he was paid a fair chunk of his due money like G Mac presumably was

Do you have any evidence MacDonald was paid to leave? Again, at his age he would be wanting to play football. If he was told he was unlikely to feature again, where's the incentive to stay. It's not like he's earning a huge wage at Saints.

Nope, hence the use of the word presumably. It's a presumption that can be rebutted.

I agree they aren't paid much, but for MacDonald that makes it all the more likely he'd be paid to just give up the money due him under a contract.
As for Lappin, I guess it depends how much he earned before as to whether he wants first team football or financial security, and I can't pretend to know how he feels in that regard. I agree many years down south will have done him well, but remember Norwich were Championship and even League 1 while he was there

in the sun today were looking for another attacker ???

Yeah, Tommy said he wanted 2 wide players and a striker before Graham was leaving so with that it'll still be 2 wide players / attacking midfielders and 1 more striker now Cummings is in. Would hope Swanson will come back as he really seems to have settled with the team, the city and the manager. So that leaves one striker and one midfielder.

Be interesting to see if Fraz Wright stays on and if that'll effect the other signings.

Edited by supersaint44

Is Ross not a midfielder? If so can't see us looking at him given the players we have in the midfield. Particularly if he is leaving Caley due to lack of starting games and we also have the likes of Caddis & Brown (and maybe Easton) who can fill in for injuries as the season goes on.

One more striker and wide player and I reckon that will be the work done.

Might be some additions to the u20 squad from players released down South, but that hasn't exactly worked out in the past so far.

Nope, hence the use of the word presumably. It's a presumption that can be rebutted.

I agree they aren't paid much, but for MacDonald that makes it all the more likely he'd be paid to just give up the money due him under a contract.

As for Lappin, I guess it depends how much he earned before as to whether he wants first team football or financial security, and I can't pretend to know how he feels in that regard. I agree many years down south will have done him well, but remember Norwich were Championship and even League 1 while he was there

At the POTY night Lappin came across as a good guy and more importantly an honest professional. He realised that after his injury he couldn't walk back into a team that was doing well.

He'll get his chance again, that's for sure.

Would folk really want John Sutton at the club? Scott McDonald maybe, but Sutton? No thanks.

Purely out of interest what is your basis for wanting Scott McDonald but not Sutton?

They are a similar age and without checking I'm going to suggest they will give you a similar goal return.

However we need a Sutton type player much more than we need a McDonald type just now.

Would folk really want John Sutton at the club? Scott McDonald maybe, but Sutton? No thanks.

Sutton would have buried 98% of the headers that Brian Graham missed this season.

With Sutton in the side we would have beaten St Mirren 8-0 at least in that last game.

See in the game against Celtic when we had like 25 corners? Sutton would've scored goals in that game. I'm a long time admirer of his and would love him to play for us. He's scored 12 goals this season in a crap Motherwell side. Lethal at set pieces. We need that kind of player.