Player contracts and transfers

David123

It came from a couple of tweets this afternoon. A freelance called Dave Donaldson and then a tweet by Chris Harvey 'confirmed' it. Reading Tommy's interview with Sky though, it's clear that's not what he was saying.

That's what I thought too, he's implying he's going to decide who we sign in 5-7 days,don't know enough about McCabe, if he's a driving box to box with a bit of vision, I'd go for him, of the other two I'd lean towards McCallister,can go passed folk better than Liam and quicker I'd say

Can't say I've been overly impressed with McAllister when I've seen him and can't help thinking Craig coming back wouldn't work out. 

Haven't seen or heard anything of McCabe for ages so can't really form an opinion on him.

Better to wait for other options.

The options just get worse from here on out, we can't be far away from looking at players like McFadden again.

I'd happily see us sign Craig and McAlister just now, both fill positions we need players, both can play at this level, and both would be happy sitting on the bench from the start of games. As much as I like Swanson and really want him back, I dont think we can afford to turn down decent options to wait and see if he becomes available, as it could easily be mid-August by the time Coventry decide, we can't still have gaping holes in the squad by then.

Edited by RandomGuy

Is O'halloran being overlooked as a left sided midfielder? I don't understand why a left sided player is urgent, surely a creative centre midfielder is what we're crying out for?!

I see what you're saying, but we've effectively lost Croft and Swanson and not replaced either. Tommy started out this summer looking for a striker and two wingers. We've signed 2 defenders and 2 strikers and we now appear to be looking at Central midfielders, so maybe Tommy has changed his mind.

Cummins has played wide left for Exeter quite a bit, so it might be the case that Tommy sees him as the wing option, or certainly in the short term.

SB-we dont make any money travelling far in europe

SB -we cant sign anyone unless we get through.

Aye right then!

I imagine the chairman's comments are a bit misleading/ misinterpreted regarding the revenue from European matches. Whilst we have been really unlucky over the 4 years, having to charter flights to Turkey, Minsk, Armenia and possibly Kazakhstan, I expect with the uefa prize money, and large home crowds that we have still made a bit of money each year in Europe, or at the very least broke even.

He probably feels we could have done far better financially from it and have not made anywhere near the profit that might have been expected.

and no,'you do not making money travelling to europe', you are a fan, so you spend money to travel to europe! the club try their best but just wasnt enougth (last four years anyway) = how the fuque can any diplomed nugget disagree with my analyse;i do not know

and no,'you do not making money travelling to europe', you are a fan, so you spend money to travel to europe! the club try their best but just wasnt enougth (last four years anyway) = how the fuque can any diplomed nugget disagree with my analyse;i do not know

http://media.giphy.com/media/VLuwvjBCZ27cY/giphy.gif