Player contracts and transfers

David123

How much does it cost to play a few fringe players & youths ?.

Don`t see much coming from the Academy so is it worth the money.

Well by the time you pay for a bus, a set of officials. Floodlights if it's dark. Someone at the SFA to run the admin side and other expenses I wouldn't even know it's bound to add up.

I think the next season will be interesting for Clark. I'd personally like to see him out on loan again but dunno if Wright will do that.

I've been discussing with other supporters about any lower leagues talent. As mentioned if QotS don't go up Gavin Reilly would be a good target. Despite their crap season Livi fans think Declan Gallagher at CB has real potential to step up (but has a bit of off field troubles). Sam Nicholson at hearts is a player I've liked for ages but no chance he'd switch now. Dale Carrick might also have some potential.

Again very unlikely to happen but Ex Youth player Mark Durnan seems to be getting good reviews at QotS for the last few seasons. Looking for a long term successor to Mackay, any thoughts on Duffie at Falkirk?

Any other recommendations?

The guy i felt we should have tried to take from hearts was Walker. Not sure what his contract situation is but he wasnt even a 1st regular when they were going down. too late now tho as hes one of their main players. the type of player we are crying out for. 

The guy i felt we should have tried to take from hearts was Walker. Not sure what his contract situation is but he wasnt even a 1st regular when they were going down. too late now tho as hes one of their main players. the type of player we are crying out for. 

He was out of contract last Summer, but Hearts had an extension clause that they took up, so he wasn't a plausible target. 

did he have to agree to it?

basically if another club offered him a contract could he have taken it?

I'm not sure how it works tbh, but I always took it as being a sort of "first refusal" type agreement. And with him being happy there it was unlikely he'd have moved.

I'm not sure how it works tbh, but I always took it as being a sort of "first refusal" type agreement. And with him being happy there it was unlikely he'd have moved.

I thought you were an ardent football manager player?

The idea is to bind one party whilst giving the other flexibility, therefore typically clubs have the option but a powerful player might (can't think of any examples though).

If the club wants rid of the player then they can release and if he is valuable they can tie him down another year on the same (or pre-determined) terms which is essentially risk free at the beginning of the contract.

I'm willing to be corrected but even aside from my slight contractual knowledge, purely from a common sense stand-point having it not binding also makes it essentially redundant - little more than a guide to real negotiations