Player contracts and transfers

David123

Far too early to completely write off Clark, he's playing regularly for a team pushing for the play-offs in the Championship, he's part of a defence who've conceded the least amount of goals outwith the "big three" in that league, and in all competitions hes conceded 33 goals in 28 games. If he wasn't our player, and Mannus left this Summer, we'd likely be suggesting him as a possible replacement as he's the most promising keeper in that league statswise, and only Scott Bain is a similar age and performing as well in this league. 

Another year of regular football would likely be good for him, before he stepped into our first team though, a lot of goalkeeping seems to be down to experience and knowing when to stay and when to come, and games will be helping him in that respect.

Many people wrote off Mannus early on too.

A wee curve ball in the daily record -

"Tommy Wright has dismissed reports from Ireland linking him with interest in Ballymena keeper *** Allen. He was taking in the Ballymena-Dungannon game during a visit home simply because both teams are bossed by former players."

Good. We shouldn't sign any players that would get their names blanked out on here.

My opinion differs he is not a centre half; it may one thing to have pace but he lacks an ability to jump and to read the game qualities that all centre halfs must have

I made this comment at the start of the season and many disagreed. My opinion has not changed, he should be used only in emergencies. Pleased to see we have signed a Mckay hope he is as good as some say. We certainly need a ball winner in the central of defence especialy in the air.

About Scobbie? I can't tell if I was one who disagreed or not at the start of the season, but during the season he really impressed me, before putting in a run of stinkers. Who knows! 

Frazer Wright doesn't half make it hard to judge what to do with him this summer, will probably be TW's toughest call in the close season, other than exactly how much to go over budget to keep Mannus.

Everything about him screams that he is finished, given he is past 35 and essentially immobile, but yet he is regularly our best performer at the back as well as being an absolute icon. Glad its not my call.

Some reviews from Dumbarton fans on Dylan Easton

Don't get me wrong he's not been bad, I just feel he's a bit of a luxury player and seriously lightweight. Not what you're after when you're at our end of the table and just looking to survive. 

I've said all along he looks like the type of player who'd be more effective in a better team that allow him more creative freedom

Couldn't agree much more. He would've been a great player to have this time last season. Without the need for the defensive side of things. But in our current squad he really is too much of a luxury. Extremely lightweight is bang on as well.