Player contracts and transfers

David123

Think Mannus will unlikely sign? Could be wrong but are goalies not normally signed first?

Sounds unlikely from what everyone is saying. But then I think we all thought that last season. For a goalie with international experience he does go under the radar a bit. If we go on a bit of a run and are looking in good shape for next season, you never know..

Would be a huge boost for everyone if he did re-sign

Not too bothered about Mannus. Zander seems a ready-made replacement. We've got a history of great keepers, from Sandy McLaren onwards...

Sorry to disagree. reckon Mannis has been worth numerous points per season and that he's worth his weight in gold. Reckon he is worth a minimum two year contract with a sweetener of %share of any transfer fee. Suspect that Dundee United, Aberdeen and dare I say Rangers will be interested plus a number of English clubs. get him on board and we have a strong spine for the team going forward. don't disgree that Clark may be an able replacement but guess not worth the number of points that Mannus will save us.

Agree regarding Mannus. If we can keep him for another couple of years and have Clark ready to replace him down the line, that would be ideal IMO. Clark seems to be developing well and he'll only get better working with an International class goalkeeper as good as Alan Mannus every day.

I hope Saints push the boat out if that's what is required to keep Mannus at the club. He seems to be happy here, so there's no reason we can't convince him to stay.

Agree regarding Mannus. If we can keep him for another couple of years and have Clark ready to replace him down the line, that would be ideal IMO. Clark seems to be developing well and he'll only get better working with an International class goalkeeper as good as Alan Mannus every day.

I hope Saints push the boat out if that's what is required to keep Mannus at the club. He seems to be happy here, so there's no reason we can't convince him to stay.

From what I know it has absolutely nothing to do with finance, Saints have made him a very good offer and there is still a possibility he may sign it, but from what i gather he wants a crack down south, lot of things to weigh up with that though so its not a complete lost cause.  65-35 that he will go at the end of the season but I dont think Tommy has given up on convincing him to stay for another year at least.

From what I know it has absolutely nothing to do with finance, Saints have made him a very good offer and there is still a possibility he may sign it, but from what i gather he wants a crack down south, lot of things to weigh up with that though so its not a complete lost cause.  65-35 that he will go at the end of the season but I dont think Tommy has given up on convincing him to stay for another year at least.

Don`t think there are too many teams down south looking for a goalie of Mannus`s standard down south. Most teams have at least 2 decent keepers & there are loads loaned out to lower leagues.

He is a good keeper but not outstang & to get a decent club you have to outstanding.

He has said he wouldn`t go to another Scottish club but I think he could go to either Dons,United or Sevco

Sorry to disagree. reckon Mannis has been worth numerous points per season and that he's worth his weight in gold. Reckon he is worth a minimum two year contract with a sweetener of %share of any transfer fee. Suspect that Dundee United, Aberdeen and dare I say Rangers will be interested plus a number of English clubs. get him on board and we have a strong spine for the team going forward. don't disgree that Clark may be an able replacement but guess not worth the number of points that Mannus will save us.

----

Don't get me wrong,I'd rather not lose him and I agree we ought to do everything to keep him, but if he does go I have faith in Zander.

Don`t think there are too many teams down south looking for a goalie of Mannus`s standard down south. Most teams have at least 2 decent keepers & there are loads loaned out to lower leagues.

He is a good keeper but not outstang & to get a decent club you have to outstanding.

He has said he wouldn`t go to another Scottish club but I think he could go to either Dons,United or Sevco

Certainly United could do with a keeper

The yellowbox if you look at post 7500 you will see he is signed until end of 2016.

Cheers. Any murmurings about him being in discussions about extending? Would imagine that Wright and the club would be wanting to get him tied down to a longer deal before the summer.

He really has come onto a game and I'd hate to see us feel the need to cash in this summer with only having a year left on his contract.

Been impressed with the clubs approach to contracts so far.

For those interested, here's an interview with Brad McKay in today's Edinburgh news;

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/mckay-hearts-title-win-would-make-dad-so-proud-1-3703367

He comes across really well. Seems very single minded and focussed. Fingers crossed he can be a success with us.

Missed out on Rory Loy to the the Dee - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31658397

Old news ,he has been signed for Dundee since beginning of week. He has been around the block a bit but he may be a late developer.

Wonder what happened to Clarkson who scored 7 goals in seven games.

Surprised Tommy was going for him when we have Kane. Hunter ,Mikey & Macca.

Old news ,he has been signed for Dundee since beginning of week. He has been around the block a bit but he may be a late developer.

Wonder what happened to Clarkson who scored 7 goals in seven games.

Surprised Tommy was going for him when we have Kane. Hunter ,Mikey & Macca.

We had Loy on trial last summer did we not? I thought we passed on him