Player contracts and transfers

David123

Marley Watkins isn't out of our range. From speaking to one of caleys main sponsors, Watkins is on around £750 a week with bonuses, as was Billy McKay. Shinnie was highest paid on around a grand and went to Aberdeen as they offered him £4k a week!! I believe tansey is now their highest paid on £1100 as he just signed new deal recently.

Watkins would be a great signing for us and would give us a better option than croft

Marley Watkins isn't out of our range. From speaking to one of caleys main sponsors, Watkins is on around £750 a week with bonuses, as was Billy McKay. Shinnie was highest paid on around a grand and went to Aberdeen as they offered him £4k a week!! I believe tansey is now their highest paid on £1100 as he just signed new deal recently.

Watkins would be a great signing for us and would give us a better option than croft

He fancies himself through the middle too, so another attacking option, played really well in the 2-1 game earlier on up there

Chatting to Callum Davidson for a while tonight He's a bit miffed with the treatment DannySwanson got,he said it has actually effected his game,not good,we really need to get behind everyone who pulls the Saints strip on

Who'd have thought cheering a player off on his debut would knock their confidence? Don't think any of the fine gents cheering could have possibly foreseen that.

\sarcasm

Edited by Ali91

I'm not sure Hearts would pay that much more than us, if we really wanted a player, obviously they're a "bigger" club, but aspirations wise we'll be at a similar level of aiming for top six and a trophy. I reckon we could pay him more than Caley, and offer him a more important role at the club than Hearts, and that could be enough to tempt him.

Certainly the type of player we should go for, and if we have enough confidence in ourselves then we should stand every chance of getting him.

Chatting to Callum Davidson for a while tonight He's a bit miffed with the treatment DannySwanson got,he said it has actually effected his game,not good,we really need to get behind everyone who pulls the Saints strip on

Swanson is at a crossroads in his career now and needs to seize his opportunity here. The best way to stick two fingers up to those doubters would be on the field.

Surely Callum, Tommy, Danny, indeed everybody understands that what happened was out of sheer frustration that their hopes of progress were timidly handed to the opposition in possibly our worst display of the season?

Doesn't justify what went on, but explains it from the fans side. Danny was left exposed, starting as he did out of nowhere. I haven't heard a reasonable explanation yet as to why he started.

In such a big game with feelings so high and fuelled by alcohol, that some of the fans responded as they did wasn't a surprise.

Lately some/many have been discussing the reintroduction of alcohol at matches. Enough people are idiotic and unpleasant enough without a drink to prevent this happening. The atmosphere as the game progressed wasn't a good advert for spending 3 hours in a social club and then being able to drink more at the game.

The game itself wasn't a good advert for the game either.

Swanson is at a crossroads in his career now and needs to seize his opportunity here. The best way to stick two fingers up to those doubters would be on the field.

I would be rubbish at my job if I had 500 folk shouting at me, telling me I was rubbish. Luckily, I only have one boss to do that!! :laugh:

Surely Callum, Tommy, Danny, indeed everybody understands that what happened was out of sheer frustration that their hopes of progress were timidly handed to the opposition in possibly our worst display of the season?

Doesn't justify what went on, but explains it from the fans side. Danny was left exposed, starting as he did out of nowhere. I haven't heard a reasonable explanation yet as to why he started.

In such a big game with feelings so high and fuelled by alcohol, that some of the fans responded as they did wasn't a surprise.

Lately some/many have been discussing the reintroduction of alcohol at matches. Enough people are idiotic and unpleasant enough without a drink to prevent this happening. The atmosphere as the game progressed wasn't a good advert for spending 3 hours in a social club and then being able to drink more at the game.

The game itself wasn't a good advert for the game either.

You should not even try and defend the idiots, it was embarrassing.

On topic - good to see Easton signing on.

Edited by garydavidson