Player contracts and transfers

David123

Yeah reading the hearts forum a lot of them come out with the fact that he doesn't fit into their silky build from the back style of football that they are trying to develop!!

I'm completely ok with this, first and foremost a centre half should be able to defend; physical, dominant in the air and let's nothing past him. If they can play as well thats great, but in all honesty if a centre half can do both to a high standard then he won't be playing in Scotland very long!

Fraser and ando have probably been one of the best and most consistent centre back pairings in scotland over the past 2-3 years, pure and simply by being great defenders and being reliable. Compare that to all the hype over the young utd centre back last season (Soutar?)who was the new Alan Hansen and spraying passes everywhere.. Then he got completely torn apart by Stevie May and we hardly heard about him again all last season. Now utd have increasingly brought in physical defenders who are good at their main job, and are a much more solid team to play against. Unfortunately.

Good to have Brad on board, look forward to seeing him in action next season.

My ex-boss is a Jambo, is very rational and follows the young Hearts players with interest....his quote to me re McKay was...

"The boy is a winner and never hides, but don't expect any silky football from him"

Centre Half right enough :razz:

amazing how opinions vary, I've heard he is pretty composed and a decent passer, his downside is his concentration at times

Edited by crieffsaintandy

This Summer is going to be huge for us, and will decide which way the club starts moving.

As it is our squad for next year looks like this so far....

Goalkeepers

Zander Clark

Defenders

Steven Anderson

Brad McKay

Midfielders

Simon Lappin

Chris Millar

David Wotherspoon

Liam Caddis

Scott Brown

Dylan Easton

Strikers

Steven MacLean

Chris Kane

Michael O'Halloran

Theres plenty of scope to get a decent, younger, revitalized squad together. I just hope we can get it right.

I certainly liked the look of Holt and Reilly of QOS today.

Reilly certainly is available this Summer, not sure about Holt. Its players like that I hope we're looking at, but we'll more than likely refuse to pay the compensation required for them and instead go for the Sean Dillions of the world.

Struggling to understand why we signed swanson for the battle for 6th place when we could have given youth a chance? Utterly bizarre

Who exactly? Easton? He's miles better off playing regularly in the Championship instead of being thrown in at the Premiership and asked to instantly perform. Sixth place and the extra money affects our ability to sign players in the Summer, it still matters, to throw it away in the hope a young player suddenly develops into a steady performer despite never playing at this level before is mental.

Were not exactly struggling for midfielders tho are we? What about brown an caddis? Well not so much caddis but brown is a good young player whos now been pushed further down the order, would rather we had signed a forward who can score, kane looks promising but is still too lightweight, maccas struggling with injurys, McFadden isn't great an Graham is absolutely mince.

Were not exactly struggling for midfielders tho are we? What about brown an caddis? Well not so much caddis but brown is a good young player whos now been pushed further down the order, would rather we had signed a forward who can score, kane looks promising but is still too lightweight, maccas struggling with injurys, McFadden isn't great an Graham is absolutely mince.

Well Swansons a winger, and O'Hallorans been the only wide player even close to performing. Not sure how a winger pushes a central midfielder down the pecking order tbh