Player contracts and transfers

David123

It just worries me slightly

this guy sounds like a superstar in the making.  

If the biggest worries we have as Saints fans just now are signing potential superstars because we already have very good players then I think we are doing alright!

Wright clearly likes May so as long as he keeps performing then I don't see any reason to think he wouldn't be a starter. If we managed to sign an exciting young player to come in and add competition then all the better.

We are actually looking like we have a very strong squad just now

Keepers: Mannus                                                 Back Up: Banks/Clark

Defenders: MacKay Ando Wright Scobbie           Back Up: Easton Miller Davidson

Midfielders: Millar Cregg Davidson Wotherspoon Back Up: McDonald Edwards Caddis Robertson

Strikers: MacLean May                                        Back Up: Fallon Nigel

Players like Easton, McDonald, Caddis and Nigel won't consider themselves as cover either and all will want to be playing regularly. It is great situation to be in when I thought we would be struggling for numbers this year.

Well done to Steve Brown for backing the manager and for Wright in assembling a good squad.

Edited by sjfcsteve

I See Paddy McCourt is training at Hibs, looking for a short term contract, 6 months I'm guessing, before heading to the states. Would this be a viable short term option up front to provided competition, but as a short termer wouldn't object to rotation etc. All assuming we could nab him from under the HIbees noses.

Just to let you guys know . I was speaking to a Ross County supporter today and he said that Scott Boyd knocked back a contract offer from Saints in May to resign at Victoria Park . 

Wouldn't believe anything a Ross County fan said to be honest.  Saw RB claiming in the paper at the weekend that his decision to stay at County wasn't down to money.  It's to do with being able to show his grandkids his medals when he retires.  Oh really Richie?

Wouldn't believe anything a Ross County fan said to be honest. Saw RB claiming in the paper at the weekend that his decision to stay at County wasn't down to money. It's to do with being able to show his grandkids his medals when he retires. Oh really Richie?

Is he joining the army?

Wouldn't believe anything a Ross County fan said to be honest.  Saw RB claiming in the paper at the weekend that his decision to stay at County wasn't down to money.  It's to do with being able to show his grandkids his medals when he retires.  Oh really Richie?

I've got more chance of winning Trophies than that dreamer.

It does seem hes been taking PR advice from Adams, although I feel its all talk to get their supporters wound up.

I hope loads of them pile down the A9 in a few weeks & we win!

The only County players we approached were Vigurs and Brittain. The fact that neither Lomas nor Wright have had any interest in anyone who'd be considered a starting central defender kind of backs that up, he's also not better than Wright or Anderson

Campbell will make his own mind up. St Mirren have Newton fighting their corner, while we have Tommy Wright badgering Willie Donachie, Campbells mentor

The only County players we approached were Vigurs and Brittain. The fact that neither Lomas nor Wright have had any interest in anyone who'd be considered a starting central defender kind of backs that up, he's also not better than Wright or Anderson

Campbell will make his own mind up. St Mirren have Newton fighting their corner, while we have Tommy Wright badgering Willie Donachie, Campbells mentor

Not better??  He's nowhere near as good.

If Campbell wants to look at player progression....

Newton:

2012/13 - St Mirren.

2013/14 - St Mirren.

Abeid:

2012/13 - St Johnstone

2013/14 - PAOK

Not one to normally be pedantic, however having been friends with a PAOK supporter at Uni, I feel I need to point out it's Panathaniaokos Abeid has joined, not PAOK!

When is Wright retiring?

Judging by some of the tackles in the first 20 minutes of the Rosenborg game, I question whether he is actually human, and therefore there is a possibility he need never retire.  The one where he took Scobbie out as well as the Rosenborg player, and landed on his head was the best tackle I've ever witnessed.

Edit - it was ball first referee.

Edited by montrosesaintee