Spoony

dave mc

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

What a fantastic moment that was when he came on, for us fans, for Saints, and most of all for Spoony and his family. Just wonderful. When they were down to just one more available sub I honestly thought his chance had gone - what a brilliant shock it was to see him suddenly emerge stripped and ready on the sideline.

Just getting on was fantastic in itself but the fact that he actually did the Spoony chop on the world stage, right in front of the cameras, and it was identical to the one he did for us in the cup final, was just a moment of absolute perfection.

I think if any of us could have chosen any Saints player from history for this to happen to, most probably would have chosen Spoony too. Just another amazing high point on a recent Saints timeline that's been full of amazing high points.

Agree with all of this and well done to the manager for getting Spoony on; Canada are young team and he was aware that it's unlkely Dave will be involved at the next Copco or world cup so gave him a chance for all his efforts travelling for the Canada team.

By the way, Canada are going to be a smashing team in the near future and really should have made the next round.

3 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Spoony deserves a one man open top bus parade through the streets of Perth.

Or at least a taxi from A&B with him standing up through the sunroof

*brilliant for the "lad" - when will we see another perth laddie at the world cup. He did it, and didn't put a foot wrong in all his involvement in the match. 

Great to see Spoony play in the world cup. What a memory that will be for him. Another fantastic memory for Saints fans as well. Thought BBC could have done a bit of research and gave him a better introduction. A number of clubs including Dundee got a mention when Jason Cummings came on for Australia in their first match I think it was.

Thought we might have got Scottish born, plays his club football at St johnstone etc...

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Great to see Spoony play in the world cup. What a memory that will be for him. Another fantastic memory for Saints fans as well. Thought BBC could have done a bit of research and gave him a better introduction. A number of clubs including Dundee got a mention when Jason Cummings came on for Australia in their first match I think it was.

Thought we might have got Scottish born, plays his club football at St johnstone etc...

Scotland and St Johnstone were mentioned on TV here in Canada. Also mentioned was his year out through injury.

15 hours ago, Willie Peat said:

Scotland and St Johnstone were mentioned on TV here in Canada. Also mentioned was his year out through injury.

Was mentioned down under here on the coverage the commentators mentioned how he was a club team mate of former Socceroo Ryan McGowan at St Johnstone 

Edited by pezza70

3 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Erm…. I hate to break it to you, if we get paid from FIFA in USD, and the Pound goes up, we get less money, not more!  

As long as it’s not in Canadian dollars as that will be around 30 quid :)

Edited by pezza70

On 12/7/2022 at 9:09 AM, Pat McGroin said:

Erm…. I hate to break it to you, if we get paid from FIFA in USD, and the Pound goes up, we get less money, not more!  

Haha.., but you forgot who is running the country..... at this rate we'll be getting paid in Livestock on the barter market!