Open Meeting 13/2/23

rik2304

On 2/17/2023 at 1:38 PM, pezza70 said:

This is a bit of a joke. Why these people? Who are the representing if we didn't choose them?

What is the role, what are the aims..... it's just nuts to announce a steering group as they have.

The idea is good, but at this point you do need a fans trust, with some sort of election.

7 hours ago, MySpazz said:

This is a bit of a joke. Why these people? Who are the representing if we didn't choose them?

What is the role, what are the aims..... it's just nuts to announce a steering group as they have.

The idea is good, but at this point you do need a fans trust, with some sort of election.

These are the people that put their hands up at the meeting and showed interest in joining the group. In terms of the steering group, I really don’t think it’s that deep. Considering some of these names are unknown, an election would be completely pointless imo. There is an email for the steering group - it’s hardly a closed shop. 

13 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

I asked a question on another page of who the first four were, one of the guys answered me saying he and the others had rang the club oer the Cup debacle and were invited tae be part o the steering group

Someone made the point about that the people are unknown to most, so voting them in would not make any difference.

The Steering group is a nonsense that needs to be sorted out or they are useful idiots, and not much more.

5 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Someone made the point about that the people are unknown to most, so voting them in would not make any difference.

The Steering group is a nonsense that needs to be sorted out or they are useful idiots, and not much more.

i agree, this has no mandate, structure or plan. Just something the club have thrown together like they did before. We need a fan based structure not a club one off an arms raised moment. 

3 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

i agree, this has no mandate, structure or plan. Just something the club have thrown together like they did before. We need a fan based structure not a club one off an arms raised moment. 

I agree but also think you need to be fair and give it a bit of time and see how things are going to take shape. There's only been one meeting and whoever was picked at first would be unknown by most fans. The club seems to be saying that they want this to be fan-led, so now that there's a group in place I'd say it's up to them/the fans to run with it and start implementing some structure.

I feel like this could go either way at the moment. It could be the start of a proper representative fan body which grows into something with a bit of clout (which we could really do with) or it could be completely pointless and fizzle out after a couple of meetings.

Questions to be raised by any of the 11 regarding the method of distribution of match tickets for away games.

Due to the limited number for the Hearts game, (no fault of Saints), should Season Ticket holders be given first preference?

I'm aware of a fan, ST holder who goes to almost every home/away game, does not have an online account and unable to obtain a ticket for Tynecastle.

The ST does not have the same discounts/advantages it once had.

I'm aware of several folk who won't be renewing their ST.

Get this sorted pronto before the support dwindles.