Open Meeting 13/2/23

rik2304

41 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Shows the contempt they have fir aulder people Larkย  makes you wonder how they treat their parents / families

Wow that's a hell of an inaccurate statement there.

My 94 year old gran could have bought a ticket using her phone! If she had been unable to do so she would have called the club if she so wanted to go.

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

Wow that's a hell of an inaccurate statement there.

My 94 year old gran could have bought a ticket using her phone! If she had been unable to do so she would have called the club if she so wanted to go.

Your Gran has got to be commended for being able to achieve what folk younger find difficult.

Bravo to your Gran.

You are blessed to have a Gran like her.

Think of the the folk who can't achieve what she can.

ย 

ย 

This seems a bizarre argument all round to me. To generalise it and say older people are going to struggle to buy a ticket full stop is obviously wrong. Plenty of older people are perfectly capable of using technology to buy tickets if they so wish.

If they donโ€™t - and it is totally understandable that many canโ€™t or wonโ€™t for a variety of reasons - there is a ticket office and a phone number published for the ticket office. There was a two week window of opportunity to buy tickets for this particular match before they sold out. What more exactly do people want the club to do to make sure people - and it must be a small number of people in this age. - who canโ€™t or donโ€™t want to buy tickets online, and who apparently canโ€™t phone the club or go in person - do to help a supporter get a ticket? We canโ€™t have pay at the gate for a game where weโ€™re only allocated 700 seats. Would it be better if fan who doesnโ€™t use technology and canโ€™t make it to the ticket office or phone them turned up at Tynecastle and was told tough luck, sold out? ย Thatโ€™s surely the worse option.

Going back to a system of only selling tickets at the ticket office for away games is far more exclusive than offering multiple buying options and would be ridiculous.

9 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Your Gran has got to be commended for being able to achieve what folk younger find difficult.

Bravo to your Gran.

You are blessed to have a Gran like her.

Think of the the folk who can't achieve what she can.

It's disappointing to see you two being so condescending.

If people couldn't find a single way to get help to buy tickets then that isn't a problem of modern technology.

19 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

There are some on this forum.

Some what, exactly? Do you mean there are some people on this forum who think season ticket holders should be given priority for away tickets? As I said, if the club was to do that, those people would still need to go through the buying process, so what difference would it make?

I'm sure we all appreciate that not everyone has access to the internet (and it's not always because of age), but as has already been pointed out by several people, the tickets didn't have to be bought online, and there was a two week window to buy them.

You mentioned inclusivity in another post but what about the many, many people who find it much easier to buy tickets now that they can do so online?

ย 

ย 

15 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

It must be difficult to millenniums and below to grasp that Olderย  people struggle with technology and don't have social media necessarily never mind anything but a basic device

I'mr not sure if the arrogance is deliberate but comes across that way to me with the hint that if you are over 40 you should grasp modern methods or it's tough shit

Games like Hearts with Ltd tickets available should be balloted among season ticket holders firstย 

I know a few older season ticket holders who go home and away missed out on Saturday (Fact)

How would you suggest the balloting process should work?

Iโ€™m still at a loss as to what wasnโ€™t inclusive about the sale of tickets for the Hearts away game? If someone has missed out when the tickets were on sale for a full two weeks online and via the club then where does a lack of inclusivity come in to it?

I canโ€™t believe that there are people who are able to use this website but who would not have been able to get themselves a ticket if need be.

12 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Iโ€™m still at a loss as to what wasnโ€™t inclusive about the sale of tickets for the Hearts away game? If someone has missed out when the tickets were on sale for a full two weeks online and via the club then where does a lack of inclusivity come in to it?

I canโ€™t believe that there are people who are able to use this website but who would not have been able to get themselves a ticket if need be.

Yep. If anything the current process is more inclusive because it allows people who don't live locally, or don't drive, or have mobility issues, to easily and quickly buy tickets.ย 

I remember pre-internet when the ticket process basically involved turning up at McDiarmid Park at a specific time and queuing for hours. Not sure that was particularly inclusive, or convenient for elderly people.

I'm not even sure what alternative process is being suggested, other than "give priority to season ticket holders", which wouldn't have changed anything.

11 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Iโ€™m struggling as well. The tickets went on sale on the 15th of February and the opportunity to purchase them was available right up to 2pm the day before the game.

If someone did not have internet access or were unable to use technology, they could have phoned the club and had them delivered to their home or met the SLO outside the ground before the game. Iโ€™m genuinely intrigued to see what more either club could have done to make it more inclusive.

Ideally there would be a cash gate, but as others have said, on this occasion it would not work due to the home sections being sold out and the risk of home fans tying to get into the away end. Added to that, I donโ€™t think it would be very inclusive if people made the trip through to Edinburgh only to be told they couldnโ€™t get in due to the section already being sold out.

Itโ€™s not a new phenomenon online ticket sales. Been happening for a good few years now and is the case for most football games and other events such as concerts etc. A lot of criticism can be aimed at the club right now, but not sure the people that work in the ticket office or our SLO can be on the receiving end of that. Always found them to be extremely helpful. If someone is struggling with getting tickets, give the club a call and I am sure they will do their best to try and help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 11:08 AM, blueheaven said:

It should be done for the Hibs game on 22nd April, for multiple reasons. Hibs have done it for us twice within the last year and it would be a good reciprocal gesture to make. It's still two months away so there's loads of time to organise and promote it. Hibs are one of the better-supported teams in the league so would fill up their allocation easily. And it's the last game before the split so could be an appealing one with a lot to play for for both sides.

Going back a bit now, but when we played Dundee on the last day of season 1998/99 and broke the stadium attendance record, it was ยฃ5 to get in. So it has been done before, and very successfully.

Roddy etc may think season ticket holders would be unhappy with certain offerings, but I don't see how they could possibly know that when they never speak to any of us. As others have suggested, why not include an annual survey with the season ticket renewal?

I noticed that tickets are on sale for the Hibs game now and surprise surprise the club have decided not to reduce the ticket prices despite Hibs offering our support reduced entry at the two previous games at Easter Road.

Roddys view that "he kent Hibs fans that were going mental" must have won the day.

ย 

17 hours ago, Aitchy said:

I noticed that tickets are on sale for the Hibs game now and surprise surprise the club have decided not to reduce the ticket prices despite Hibs offering our support reduced entry at the two previous games at Easter Road.

Roddys view that "he kent Hibs fans that were going mental" must have won the day.

ย 

Tbf Aitchy, Hibs ย have done it for us, as a thanks for our family deal for their fansย 

Family deal is very good but seems out of kinder with the rest of the pricing when everyone is in East Stand.

Adult ticket is ยฃ24 but add an u12 free ticket to the order and it becomes ยฃ17, I m all for kids U12 being free but not sure if itโ€™s right two adults could be sitting beside each other, one paying ยฃ7 more than the other just because one has kids.

8 hours ago, Strawman said:

Family deal is very good but seems out of kinder with the rest of the pricing when everyone is in East Stand.

Adult ticket is ยฃ24 but add an u12 free ticket to the order and it becomes ยฃ17, I m all for kids U12 being free but not sure if itโ€™s right two adults could be sitting beside each other, one paying ยฃ7 more than the other just because one has kids.

Wasnโ€™t aware the price dropped,thought it was the same,but a free u12 was ok accompanied?

53 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Over 1000, ย not sure of your point

Just wondered the benefit in total to Saint supporters.

So if 1000 and price reduction was down from ยฃ25 to ยฃ10 then ยฃ15 x 1000 = ยฃ15000.

Probably not much in comparison to our Adult and 2 kids price they get compared to what they pay for home matches.

ย