St.Johnstone V Motherwell 21st October

SaintJet

14 hours ago, Cagey said:

Yeah , confirmed that it was SPFL in discussion with police that called the games off , which surprises me that County game still on.

County game now off. Don't know what is different this morning from yesterday. No problem with A9, County pitch fine and don't think that part of the country was as badly hit as East.

Yellow warning in place for wind til 12 noon but just a gentle breeze out there and sun shining. Airdrie and QP served up a decent game of football under worse conditions last night.

Anyway I agreed with decision yesterday so be it.

50 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Weather seems fine in Perth right now. Harsh to think perhaps the postponement decision was made a bit early and they could have waited until first thing this morning to make a call on it?

It was the correct decision to cancel .

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

County game now off. Don't know what is different this morning from yesterday. No problem with A9, County pitch fine and don't think that part of the country was as badly hit as East.

Yellow warning in place for wind til 12 noon but just a gentle breeze out there and sun shining. Airdrie and QP served up a decent game of football under worse conditions last night.

Anyway I agreed with decision yesterday so be it.

I know this was posted 3 hours ago but Dingwall has an Amber weather warning all day today and it hasn't stopped chucking it down since 3am. Several flooded roads locally. Should have been called off yesterday.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Meanwhile, it's turned into a lovely afternoon in Perth. Patches of blue sky, barely any wind, only the occasional light drizzle. Are there issues with the roads? Surely we should be playing right now.

Beautiful day for football but I think Tayside police would have thought their resources would be required elsewhere and I don't think anyone especially the Met Office could see the change in weather.

19 hours ago, chips said:

Screenshot_20231022_125758_Chrome.jpg

This feels a bit ridiculous to me. Surely the "recovery operation" is past the emergency stage. What is the police's role in it at this stage, and what are they needed for on Tuesday evening that means they couldn't spare enough officers to stand around at a football match for a couple of hours?

On 10/21/2023 at 1:00 PM, blueheaven said:

Weather seems fine in Perth right now. Harsh to think perhaps the postponement decision was made a bit early and they could have waited until first thing this morning to make a call on it?

Don’t think the co dictions were a factor. More how busy the emergency service were.

• 2 weeks later...

After our last performance with 10 men and securing our first league win of the year plus a new manager in place, for some reason I’m really feeling optimistic about our chances in this game.

Maybe my optimism is wrong but surely this is a winnable game and if the team can’t fire up for this game at home, than I think they never will.

Surely we play two up front with Clark leading the line.

What odds Bair plays a blinder haha 

When I started this thread for the original fixture I did with more hope than optimism about a positive outcome. 

Following the St.Mirren debacle, If anyone would have told me I'd be going along tonight with genuine hope and a bit of a spring in my step I would have laughed at them.

Let's get out tonight and give the new manager and the team our support and let them know that if they deliver we will respond and we're still with them.

Excited for tonight. I think I would have been even if we hadn't yet appointed a new manager, as I felt Cleland got a good response out of the players last week.

Given that Levein and Kirk have only had one training session with the team I imagine we'll see a few tweaks rather than sweeping changes. Levein has said everyone has a clean slate now so possibly we'll also see Booth and Crawford (if he's even fit?) coming back into contention?

Wide right feels like the biggest problem area with Wright injured and Costelloe presumably suspended. Do we go attacking in that area with Jaiyesimi, or maybe go with Olufunwa or Brown?

P.S. I still reckon Bair's guaranteed a goal in this one. 😁

Id guess that theyll lean on Cleland for the line up today, so we'll just see Jaiyesimi in for Costelloe.

Theyll treat that as a starting point and just tweak towards where they want to be from there i think.

Wouldnt be surprised if we look more defensive tonight than v Killie, simply because we still looked a bit open to me at points, especially in CM where players could get dragged about, and i think theyll prioritise sorting that first.