WHO IS NEXT IN THE HOT SEAT..

GOB10

Would love to get someone in with good experience and success but realistically who can we expect  to attract? I dont see Nielsen being interested in a dog fight. Seen scott brown being mentioned i think that would be very risky. Lennon wouldn't be the worst as he has the experience but again i couldn't see him being interested.  I wouldn't say no to jody morris, relatively new to management but was number two at Chelsea which cant be sniffed at even if it went tits up, I'd imagine he will have some great contacts also?. But I've got a horrible feeling we will be in contact with Dodds or Hughes.

Edited by GOB10

I'm biased but no one with a Largs certificate of incompetence.   Cleland and McPherson have to go also.  I'd have had Considine and McGowan in charge for the next match. 

Neil Warnock may be available if QPR don't strike first.  (very much tongue in cheek).  Who have our English Saintees seen who may be worth a shout? 

We need to go with someone who has experience and has demonstrated in the past that he is able to foster a good team spirit and high standards.

Where is Robbie Neilson realistically going to get a job next? His spell at MK Dons isn’t going to see him top of the list at English clubs and I don’t see him being in the running for a job like Aberdeen if it becomes available. Financially we are stable and have decent facilities, plus have demonstrated in the past ten years that we have can be successful, so I think we will still be an attractive option.

He got Hearts and Dundee United out of the championship and got to the latter stages of cup competition. He knows the Scottish game inside out and seems well respected. His style of football has been criticised, but how many teams in Scotland play open and expansive football? We need someone to do what Tommy Wright was able to do and just get us winning by any means. For me, he  would be a good choice.

Neil Lennon and Stan are friends. I like Lennon. Think he talks well, would gain the respect of the players quickly and has good contacts and knowledge and experience of the Scottish game. Many of his former players say he was one of the best managers they played under, so wouldn’t be completely against it.

It’s not the time to be bringing in some random from England. History shows it very rarely works. It would take time for them to get up to speed with the Scottish game and time is not something we have at the moment.

Very few managers in the lower leagues in Scotland jump out for me. Perhaps Ian Murray. Decent track record in management and doing a good job with Raith at the moment.

I dont think Neilson will want it, but im also not sure we should be hiring him.

The club and fans need to unite again, and a manager wholl play 3-5-2 every week, has the charisma of a door, and who blames every defeat on someone else feels like miles from whats needed. He'd improve us but there would be a disconnect between him and the support pretty quickly too IMO.

Martindale wont be coming.

Neil Lennon would be a disaster and another personality who'll just fire in amongst the players also isnt what we need.

I dont know whos best. Think the minimum criteria should be....

- Previous managerial experience

- Previous examples of turning poor form around 

- Enough personality/charisma that fans/players will support

- Previous examples of building a squad on a budget

- No/little history of creating long term problems through transfer business

And i think that would rule a fair chunk of dross out, but probably a lot of commonly linked names too. 

Tommy Wright ticks every box, before someone mentions him, but id be against that for a few reasons and dont think he wants a return to club management regardless.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

I dont think Neilson will want it, but im also not sure we should be hiring him.

The club and fans need to unite again, and a manager wholl play 3-5-2 every week, has the charisma of a door, and who blames every defeat on someone else feels like miles from whats needed. He'd improve us but there would be a disconnect between him and the support pretty quickly too IMO.

Martindale wont be coming.

Neil Lennon would be a disaster and another personality who'll just fire in amongst the players also isnt what we need.

I dont know whos best. Think the minimum criteria should be....

- Previous managerial experience

- Previous examples of turning poor form around 

- Enough personality/charisma that fans/players will support

- Previous examples of building a squad on a budget

- No/little history of creating long term problems through transfer business

And i think that would rule a fair chunk of dross out, but probably a lot of commonly linked names too. 

Tommy Wright ticks every box, before someone mentions him, but id be against that for a few reasons and dont think he wants a return to club management regardless.

Personality and charisma are important and the likes of Totten and Coyle had that in abundance, but it’s not everything. Seen numerous managers with charisma, but if they aren’t getting results, it dosent mean a thing. We need someone who knows the league and who will improve us quickly.

Im not convinced by Martindale, but I think he would be interested if we made an approach. What else can he do at Livi? We have a bigger budget, bigger fan base and bigger potential. 

I would worry about Lennons personality as well, but to suggest he would be a disaster is a bit dramatic. His career shows that it usually takes a few seasons until a meltdown is incoming. I think he would improve us and would hit the ground running.

Names I don’t want anywhere near us include Jack Ross, Billy Dodds, John Hughes and Neil McCann.

18 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

Personality and charisma are important and the likes of Totten and Coyle had that in abundance, but it’s not everything. Seen numerous managers with charisma, but if they aren’t getting results, it dosent mean a thing. We need someone who knows the league and who will improve us quickly.

Im not convinced by Martindale, but I think he would be interested if we made an approach. What else can he do at Livi? We have a bigger budget, bigger fan base and bigger potential. 

I would worry about Lennons personality as well, but to suggest he would be a disaster is a bit dramatic. His career shows that it usually takes a few seasons until a meltdown is incoming. I think he would improve us and would hit the ground running.

Names I don’t want anywhere near us include Jack Ross, Billy Dodds, John Hughes and Neil McCann.

What about bringing jody back up? Seemed to show a little interest when asked just before MacLean got the job. Was sacked by Swindon but the fans more or less back him up saying he wasn't backed or given time. I'd imagine he would have some interesting contacts down south also. And personality and charisma is screaming for ian Holloway 😂

Edited by GOB10

Just now, GOB10 said:

What about bringing jody back up? Seemed to show a little interest when asked just before MacLean got the job. Was sacked by Swindon but the fans more or less back him up saying he wasn't backed or given time. I'd imagine he would have some interesting contacts down south also

Wouldn’t be totally against it, but just feel we need someone with more experience this time round. Someone who has a track record of building a squad and managing a team that has had success.

1 minute ago, Aitchy said:

Wouldn’t be totally against it, but just feel we need someone with more experience this time round. Someone who has a track record of building a squad and managing a team that has had success.

Yeah i get that mate.. just dont know where we find that kind of manager with the position we are in