January Transfer Window

pezza70

1 hour ago, tucker said:

Got a feeling Stevie will be away possible loan not getting a chance under Levein but with Clark and Kane hardly playing that's a worry 

It does seem that way, though personally I'm yet to see anything to change my mind that a front two of Clark and May would give us our best chance of being effective up front.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

I expect he'll score a lot. Supposedly he's a good striker, but he needs the service, and the way we play he wasn't going to get it.

This hopefully means someone else might be coming in.

Is there a younger Macca kicking about probably the last striker saints signed who wasn't produced through our youth system and played regularly 

Apparently a loan deal was lined up for May, but he turned it down and didn't want to go, so I think he'll be staying now. He still has something to offer probably. Perhaps a new attacking midfielder about to come in and Turner-Cooke to go back next. 

Phillips has signed a pre-contract with another SPFL club.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

Apparently a loan deal was lined up for May, but he turned it down and didn't want to go, so I think he'll be staying now. He still has something to offer probably. Perhaps a new attacking midfielder about to come in and Turner-Cooke to go back next. 

Phillips has signed a pre-contract with another SPFL club.

This club has given May thousands over the years you would think he would help the club out in return.

It probably means he the is he can still do a job but I can't see it. You would think he would want to play football rather than sit on the bench with DC and Benji ahead of him.

13 minutes ago, Cagey said:

How much do you think we would ask for Phillips if Hearts wanted him during the window.

They won’t pay us a penny. They don’t need him until the end of the season anyway as a replacement for Baningime.

We are also due a training compensation fee for Phillips if he moves on at the end of the season and we have offered him a contract, so if Hearts wanted him early they would have to offer more than that - which they won’t!

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

This club has given May thousands over the years you would think he would help the club out in return.

It probably means he the is he can still do a job but I can't see it. You would think he would want to play football rather than sit on the bench with DC and Benji ahead of him.

I think only think mind you that he has possibly maybe helped the club out during his time with us. 

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

A totally bizarre thing to say. 

I just don't think he has been value for money over the past 4 or 5 seasons and it would be better for him and Saints if he found another club as he is not going to get a start for Saints again.

36 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I just don't think he has been value for money over the past 4 or 5 seasons and it would be better for him and Saints if he found another club as he is not going to get a start for Saints again.

Agree with this. The goals often come against the softer opposition.

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

He hasn’t contributed as much as the first time but to suggest he owes the club anything is a wild shout. 

Edited by PSJ.84

10 hours ago, Cagey said:

I look back to the early part of last season and May was in terrific form. I recall a win against Killie in particular where it was like watching the old Steve May. Clark was a great foil for him and made lots of openings and he still has a stirker instinct.

He looked a bit demoralised as he warmed up at half time on Wednesday and you can understand that getting changed every game and not getting a sniff of going on.

7 minutes ago, tucker said:

On pie and Bovril someone saying Connor Smith confirmed not seen anything yet regarding this 

A sweetener in the Dan Phillips deal? Trying to force it in January?

I’d rather keep Dan, stay up, and take £100,000 in a development fee than give him in January and take Connor Smith and £100,000 now.

I’m sure Stan Harris and Craig Levein will be thinking the same.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

24 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

A sweetener in the Dan Phillips deal? Trying to force it in January?

I’d rather keep Dan, stay up, and take £100,000 in a development fee than give him in January and take Connor Smith and £100,000 now.

I’m sure Stan Harris and Craig Levein will be thinking the same.

You hope !.