Scotland V Macedonia

free the bees

2-0 FYR Macadonia.

I honestly don't think Burley is up to the job. I was pleased when they anounced him as manager, but he's made odd decision after odd decision. Broadfoot being an example.

Its unbeliviable that he's trained in Scotland rather than the hotter climate of Macadonia, suprising who he's picked for the call up and I don't think much of a manager who says he isn't 'confident about winning' or having the team themselves saying they think a draw would be a good result.

This defeatist attitude is one of the main things that held us back for ages, and whilst I don't like Walter Smith, he managed to get a winning mentality into the Scotland squad, and that is what they need.

Hope to be proved wrong.

I am not sure about this one at all. I think as long as we give a good account of ourselves, we should be ok. The heat may be a factor, but the amount of call offs we have had means that although we still have the main backbone of the team, we are still missing some of the players who, IMHO, could swing the game more in our favour. Whatever, lets hope its a win with no goals conceded to set up a good Gudjonsen no goals count on Wednesday.

I think we'll struggle here, I also don't understand why he chose to train in Scotland rather than Macedonia. He used the excuse of poor facilities etc, but surely they could've flown to a neighbouring country to train in similar conditions for a few days before flying over the night before the game. Ridiculous

i'm glad thomson an morrison are out they were both crap against N.I

i'd like to see :

Gordon

Alexander Caldwell McManus Naysmith

Brown Fletcher Robson Cummins

Miller McFadden.

Cummins is the type who will run at defenders get crosses in but no doubt he will play robson there an bring in Hartley.

still 1nil Scotland!!!!!!

Girl on Radio Scotland saying that about 1000 Scots fans not being allowed into the ground.

Guy from SFA is saying these are fans that appear to have purchased tickets within the Macedonia end, but the police chief in Macedonia is not letting them in.

The SFA have been pleading their case, but they are not having it.

However, girl on radio is saying she got her ticket through Kenny Millar and is a ticket for the Scotland end.

burley is up against it to be honest. after the squad punched well above its weight last time round + the chances of keeping that up are slim. hope we do well, but that defeat today makes it an awful lot harder. that was always going to be a tough game but we really needed at least 4 points from the 1st 2 games.

i think we'll finish 3rd