St Johnstone's Public Relations

O'Rourke

I have noticed today that we are now only 10 followers less than St Mirren on facebook. They are always lording it over our small support so it would be good if we could get ahead of them on yet another table.

We currently have 6798 followers.

Back in September the table of "official pages" looked like this.

320214_461109707245349_1626990867_n.jpg

I have noticed today that we are now only 10 followers less than St Mirren on facebook. They are always lording it over our small support so it would be good if we could get ahead of them on yet another table.

We currently have 6798 followers.

Back in September the table of "official pages" looked like this.

320214_461109707245349_1626990867_n.jpg

what a load of childish pish.where can i indulge?

Nothing to do with with army of Turks following the page, No?

For certain the "army of Turks" as you put it has helped but from the stats they make up 15% of the followers on the page. There is an army of people from Perth etc on the page

Even so, thats a good thing and is down to the clubs efforts at the time and all the folks who went over and showed the club and themselves in a fantastic light. It would be good to have another euro trip and meet a club similar to Saints that we could forge real ties with.

I don't think we could find another club like we have in the summer and the real benefits have yet to be seen. It obviously remains to be seen if any more will come of this but say they loaned us a few younger players or some sponsorship came out of this would you be happy?

For certain the "army of Turks" as you put it has helped but from the stats they make up 15% of the followers on the page. There is an army of people from Perth etc on the page

I don't think we could find another club like we have in the summer and the real benefits have yet to be seen. It obviously remains to be seen if any more will come of this but say they loaned us a few younger players or some sponsorship came out of this would you be happy?

A couple of decent Turkish players would be good. Anything like additional sponsorship would be really good.

• 4 years later...

Well written and clear statement from the Club. 

It won't please everybody but shows that the club have dealt with the matter in a professional manner. 

Seen one comment on facebook that the money should have went to the youth system instead of travel well sorry but the youth teams were not the ones let down by their actions of the players the travelling fans were. 

I was raging at the tine but on reflection a fair punishment and well dealt with my the club.

Really good touch that the money is going towards travel, hopefully goes some way to repaying the fans who they let down.

The other way to repay us is both playing out of their skins for the rest of the season and securing 4th or better

Should be a good Christmas party this year!

The whole episode has been managed brilliantly by the club.

I was pretty angry at the dropped points against Accies as a result of their stupidity but the club bounced back well against the Jambos. I think this is the best outcome. 

Now...

tumblr_mukrenK2LQ1szeb3uo7_r1_250.gif

• 2 weeks later...

That bland tannoy operator can stuff his fuqing megaphone where the sun don't shine.his dire warnings beore the game about being naughty never happened in mr Tottenhams day.

as for the slo.another waste of money at a club that drives fans away.

free rugs tae sit on yer arse and shut the fuq up at games in the next awe inspiring initiative coming next

That bland tannoy operator can stuff his fuqing megaphone where the sun don't shine.his dire warnings beore the game about being naughty never happened in mr Tottenhams day.

as for the slo.another waste of money at a club that drives fans away.

free rugs tae sit on yer arse and shut the fuq up at games in the next awe inspiring initiative coming next

He did but as he mumbled nobody could understand what he was saying!!