#14 - 06/11/10 - Saints 0-3 Kilmarnock - SPL

slf

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killie looked more up for it and so much better organised than we were. Eremenko dictated the match from Jody's position.

We never got started and anything we did get seemed to be more from hit and hope than good play.

Smithy, Liam, Taylor and Jacko pass marks. The rest failed. Miserably.

We can only improve.

Worst display i've seen from saints for a long time. Didn't deserve anything from the game. McInnes got his selection all wrong and the players got their attitude all wrong. Parkin and Smithy are the only ones who shouldn't be disappointed in themselves, the rest need to take a long hard look and pick themselves up for wednesday. If they don't we'll get run ragged by a Motherwell team we can take points from

After that summary of players performance, how the hell did we manage to get humped three nil ????????????

We missed chances.. Parkin and Jacko both could have scored, Cleveland hit the bar aswell. At times in the second half we dominated possession but just couldn't take chances.

time for a few people to leave as players or manger something needs to be done as saints not played well this season yet

Based on what exactly? I don't care if this will get peoples backs up or not, but if you aren't attending the games I really don't know how you can have an opinion on how we have played this season.

Our fans were a joke today, and in that sense I completely agree with TopCats post. Three defeats, two against Celtic, and it's panic stations.

Surprised Jackson getting praise here - I thought he was absolutely rotten. Poor touch and very, very hesitant whenever he got near the ball. Felt he should have been replaced by Haber much earlier.

I thought he played quite well but he does not link well with Parkin who can`t win a header over 5ft off the ground & can`t find a pass.

Based on what exactly? I don't care if this will get peoples backs up or not, but if you aren't attending the games I really don't know how you can have an opinion on how we have played this season.

Our fans were a joke today, and in that sense I completely agree with TopCats post. Three defeats, two against Celtic, and it's panic stations.

My feelings about this are not the fact we lost them, it's the manner of the loss in the last two games.

Saints played ok today with some silly mistakes, doobs og nearly followed by a 2nd. In the 2nd half we had some good spells and I thought a goal would be coming. Taylor showed what he is capable of and IF he can get consistancy he COULD be good. But to be fair to the lad he couldn't have missed the pelterz getting thrown at him from someone behind me. Every touch of the ball and even his shot, which came off the bar, seemed to earn him a slagging. I don't think anyone could say that Saints deserved to lose by 3 goals today.

i think our fans are pish, on the teams back from near enough the word go, stupid c**ts behind me shouting and swearing at the players calling each 1 of them all the names under the sun, nae wonder the attendance is so low.

i thought jackson done well today, him parkin didnt link up so well today but neither of them had much to play with.

the 1st half was an absolute joke, there was no shape or organisation at all, i really dont know if it was 442 or 532, dont know where dave mackay and maybury were supposed to playing, more often than not they came into the middle infront of the defence, liam craig and chris millar spent more time at left and right back. complete shambles. dunno what the crack was with the midfield either as they were no where, no support either side of them. p & j could nothing upfront.

2nd half was a bit better and in spells we looked like scoring. liam craig ran down the left once with the ball, maybury barely came forward, what was going on with our left flank?

thought smith and, in spells, taylor, parkin and jacko had good games.

any word on haber yet?

What a shambles.McInness has lost the plot. 5 3 2 with no one knowing what position they were playing.Davidson didn`t look fit & damaged himself in a tackle early on & got booked.

Own goal by Duberry for first,Cock up by Ruti for second & Smith made a grate save from Ruti header,left by 3rd.

????????:?

I agree we were poor, very poor, McInnes has let himself down with his tactics today, poor shape first half, second was beeter, it really shows how much we miss Grainger at the back, to enable us to play our most solid back 4.

However some of the absolute pish being spouted on here is pathetic, what true fan can honestly say they left before the final whistle, the number of people at the games who dont understand the game properly is beginning to irritate me, guy behind me, constantly shouting at Craig to push up, yeah so just leave the whole of saints left hand side oped, TOOL!!!!!!

No panic station needed, what the team and McInnes need is support, yes we are in a wee slump at the moment, but we will click, and start scoring is it possibly the dreaded second season syndrome. We are very much an away team I think simply because the home fans seem to know **** all about the game.

On the plus side Myrie-Williams seems to have gone and Smith looked fairly assured I thought.

I really cant put my finger on where we are going wrong this season. Barring a few games this season, our performances have not been great. We seem unable to string passes together like we we did last season, we have a distinct lack of tempo in our play, and have no great attacking threat.

Jody and Muzz should have been nowhere near our starting 11 today, as it was obvious neither were anywhere near fit, this resulting in Killie dominating the midfield, and ultimately the game.

Ive been Andy Jackson 's biggest fan for years, but im beginning to think that his injury problems have resulted in him losing his two biggest assets - his pace and his movement. I would love to be proved wrong, but i am doubtful. Thoughts?

I thought Cleveland was decent when he came on, and was good to see that Dobie is still alive.

Bring on the Well!

Poor performance today as stated by everyone, no one looked comfortable today IMO.

Spoke to a dundee fan and he said the duel of the day at DENS was Adams/Hardy kicking lumps out of one another he said Hardy got injured and Adams was brilliant. How we could have done with that pair in our center mid field today.

If we could have got a break( like taylors shot go in than off bar i could have seen us go on win)Not to be . Has JMW left ?

I cant imagine that anybody who was at the game today does not have some level of doom and despondency as they sit on WAP tonight :neutral:

It is games like these that potentially lead to a season of battling relegation. It is, in my opinion, pointless to take the 'everything will be alright' attitude and dismiss those who are more pessimistic as 'rubbish' fans - who are the realists?

It is just not this game....it comes on the back of two poor selections by Del and a thoroughly uninspiring first section to the league. Ok, the points total compares well enough to last year, but the performances do not.

On today's game, if all it takes is one tackle (made by him- and a stupid one at that) to aggravate Muzz's injury, then there is no doubt that he should NOT have been on the pitch. Lets just hope what should have been perhaps a two week lay-off has not turned into more because of either his or Del's stupidity

The game was crying out for us to make a change prior to going to 2-0 down, but did it happen? :?

There is far too much tinkering with the team. Players come from nowhere to being in the starting line up then disappear the next week. There is no flare or confidence in the side. When we go a goal down, the question is "how will we get a point?"

Hopefully I will be more optimistic tomorrow :)