Summer Transfer Rumours 2011

Davie81

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dinnae be throwing your dummy out mate.

I am saying that the signings we have made so far are not exactly getting other teams going, oh I wish we could've got him.

In reference to others, Robertson from United is a good signing, not exciting.

The first time we play Motherwell and if Humphrey is on form he will rip Davidson a new erse hole at left back. Davidson I imagine would be better utilised for centre half.

Paddy Boyle 2-3 years ago, yeah.

Stephen Dobbie 3-4 years ago, perhaps.

But time chances and people develop. Boyle was one of the best players in Div 1 last season by all accounts.

Frazer Wright signed which is replacement of Doobs. I am delighted at that signing but it doesn't excite me as I doubt he will be playing with Brazilian flair with 10 goals a season, I am happy to be wrong on that but we have signed good players.

Haber, now that would be exciting. I really liked him, hopefully we have cash and the lure as we owe him big time as it was our shit pitch that ruined his season.

Sorry mate, I wasn't meaning to be arsey.

I think that Liam and Ando are decent enough at left back if Davidson isn't available. You're right though, it would be nice to have a longer term option in the squad. Can we really afford two full time, potentially first team picks in what is not a priority position though? I know we have Maybury and Mackay for right back, but they can both play in other positions too. Boyle, as far as I'm aware, can't.

Humphrey has raw pace, but Davidson has the experience to cope with that I'm sure. He's got a good footballing brain on him and I'm confident he can go from A-C and skip out B against a speedy winger if required.

The players we've signed aren't the type to increase season ticket sales, but they are necessary for the overall balance of the squad IMO. They've all got good experience (even Higgins, although it isn't in the SPL) and will bring a real freshness to us. Robertson signing means we can probably sell Davidson, gain a fair bit financially and still not be too far short of where we were already.

Haber would indeed be a fantastic signing, but I'm not sure we could touch any kind of offer from West Brom. If it doesn't work out for him there, I'd hope we'd be swooping like vultures for him.

The rest of the targets again look solid enough on paper (if the media are to be believed anyway) but you're probably right regarding a lack of flair. Unfortunately I can't think of a single player who fits that bill, is established and would come to us.

I've mentioned this before, but Dagenham and Redbridge have an absolutely cracking winger called Danny Green. I think he'd do really well for us on the limited game I've seen him play in. I very much doubt Del will go that way again though as last summer turned into a bit of a disaster.

Along with the signings already made and those we are supposed to be interested in, I wonder if we will go down the Haber route, given the wages he'lll be after etc.

I suspect we will be making another loan signing of the Haber mould before the start of the new season rather than signing his likes out-right.

Haber seems a really grounded guy and when asked about Saints he said time will tell. Now that could mean a lot of things but I am not sure he will be after huge wages at this stage of his career. He seems more motivated to get his career back on track right now.

Speaking to a killie fan I have on fb about Frazer wright. He ony had good things to say about him, apparently very goo in the air, dominant and is also left sided, which is a bonus. He also said he would rather have wright than duberry, but I think that debatable.

So a more than adequate replacement and also weakening our rivals, so fairly chuffed.

Frazer Wright signed which is replacement of Doobs. I am delighted at that signing but it doesn't excite me as I doubt he will be playing with Brazilian flair with 10 goals a season, I am happy to be wrong on that but we have signed good players.

Haber, now that would be exciting. I really liked him, hopefully we have cash and the lure as we owe him big time as it was our shit pitch that ruined his season.

Calm down. There are still about four signing to come. Plus don't forget the guys who have signed so far have been on dels radar long before he made the 'exciting' speech. Higgins was in talks 3 months ago.

Average player & no better than Ruti but solid & left sided . I suppose that is what we are looking for.

Why would Del sign Haber. He never played him when he was here. He kept playing that haddy Parkin every week when he wasn`t doing it.

Average player & no better than Ruti.

No better than Ruti???

Ruti will get found out again at Pars this season and be on his way back to the first division before the season is over. He was good in the first division but no better than that level.

Wright has played for Killie in the SPL for the last six years, can't see the similarity myself

I'm very pleased with the quality of signings considering the fact the budget has been lowered.

All four players had interest from other clubs, aswell as their own clubs wanting to sign them on new contracts.

A few more decent signings and I'm very confident in a top 6 finish.

I'm very pleased with the quality of signings considering the fact the budget has been lowered.

All four players had interest from other clubs, aswell as their own clubs wanting to sign them on new contracts.

A few more decent signings and I'm very confident in a top 6 finish.

im getting horrible flashbacks of last season people predicting a top six finish. id settle for 8th again with lots more goals

Average player & no better than Ruti but solid & left sided . I suppose that is what we are looking for.

Why would Del sign Haber. He never played him when he was here. He kept playing that haddy Parkin every week when he wasn`t doing it.

he never played him? how did he manage to make 14 appearances before november? what is haddy might i ask? sam parkin with good wingers will prove everyone wrong

he never played him? how did he manage to make 14 appearances before november? what is haddy might i ask? sam parkin with good wingers will prove everyone wrong

14 - 5 minute sub appearances don`t count. Parkin .Its all about opinions.

:shock: Rusty was bloody awful in the Spl for us. He was a total contrast from his championship winning year in the 1st division.