Del to Brentford?

Derek Patterson

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentford did make the (St) Johnston Paint Trophy Final this year.. .........but any manager in Del's position would need to ask themelves do they really want to go to the scabbiest club in London?

Really, really dire club, stadium, the lot. Up there with Dagenham and Redbridge!

If he takes that offer....football is f----ked up

I like Brentford. The ground with a pub on every corner !!!

It might be an old stadium but it is "real" football.

Last time I went, 18 pounds to get in the Main Stand and included entry to the bar under the stand before, half time and after the game. First time I had been handed a team sheet for years.

Edited by SingaporeSaint
erchie being an observant prick

I'd be shocked if he goes. If he does then it suggests he believes he can't take us any further which shows a distinct lack of belief in his own ability. Owen Coyle was the master of moving when he reached as far as he could with a team. Hope he stays - after the big speech about 'knowing how to fix the team' and 're-engaging the fans' etc it wouldn't look great if he then ran to a smaller team.

I'd be shocked if he goes. If he does then it suggests he believes he can't take us any further which shows a distinct lack of belief in his own ability.

Or maybe he thinks that he can't take us any further given what he's going to have to work with next season, so it will damage his career by appearing to have peaked and then go backwards. Moving to even a club like Brentford may appear to be his only alternative.

If he is looking for that eventual 'big club' move, maybe taking a team like Brentford from the 1st to the Championship and then having a decent season in there might look better on his CV than another couple of seasons of guiding Saints to a 7th or 8th place finish in the SPL......

Or maybe he thinks that he can't take us any further given what he's going to have to work with next season, so it will damage his career by appearing to have peaked and then go backwards. Moving to even a club like Brentford may appear to be his only alternative.

Well its all speculation just now. Any idea who on our books has their coaching badges? Duberry? Morris?

If he is looking for that eventual 'big club' move, maybe taking a team like Brentford from the 1st to the Championship and then having a decent season in there might look better on his CV than another couple of seasons of guiding Saints to a 7th or 8th place finish in the SPL......

That's how I see it.

An earlier post mentioned that perhaps Duberry and Morris might be tempted to go to Brentford should Del go.....I can see the sense in that

Seems quite possible.

We are all basically resigned to the fact that Dubes will be goin south again.

Morris would be more of a surprise, but surely Robertson was signed to fill in for someone leaving.

Sheerin for next Saints manager?

An earlier post mentioned that perhaps Duberry and Morris might be tempted to go to Brentford should Del go.....I can see the sense in that

How long has Morris got on his contract? If over a year I'd be looking for 300/400k for him as well.

Jody opened his scoring account for the 2009/2010 season with a goal against Celtic at Parkhead in the first away league game of the season and after a consistently good level of performance of the opening quarter of the season, he put pen to paper on a two year contract extension.

Taken from OS.

A year left.

Doubt very much we'd get 300k. Poss 100?

Seems quite possible.

We are all basically resigned to the fact that Dubes will be goin south again.

Morris would be more of a surprise, but surely Robertson was signed to fill in for someone leaving.

Sheerin for next Saints manager?

I would think that would be to replace Muzz. If Jody did go....then Mooner would hopefully be the man to fill his shoes....and may do so in a more attacking sense! Adams I think offers us another option in the centre of midfield if we need strength and height

Jody opened his scoring account for the 2009/2010 season with a goal against Celtic at Parkhead in the first away league game of the season and after a consistently good level of performance of the opening quarter of the season, he put pen to paper on a two year contract extension.

Taken from OS.

A year left.

Doubt very much we'd get 300k. Poss 100?

Only 32 and been one of the best midfielders in the SPL for the past 2 seasons. We sell ourselves short in Scotland all the time. 100k is probably more realistic but not because that's what he is worth.

Only 32 and been one of the best midfielders in the SPL for the past 2 seasons. We sell ourselves short in Scotland all the time. 100k is probably more realistic but not because that's what he is worth.

You know, in a funny way, I am not sure that we would miss Jody all that much.....controversial perhaps, but, I actually don't think he has been as effective this season as he was last. He has played a large part of it with a back problem though and maybe, after a good rest, he will be back to the superb best of last season next term

How long has Morris got on his contract? If over a year I'd be looking for 300/400k for him as well.

Aye 300k of jellied eels more like, certainly not £300k. :laugh:

You know, in a funny way, I am not sure that we would miss Jody all that much.....controversial perhaps, but, I actually don't think he has been as effective this season as he was last. He has played a large part of it with a back problem though and maybe, after a good rest, he will be back to the superb best of last season next term

Not in a funny way, and not controversial at all. For me, we wouldn't miss him at all. We play better when he's out. We actually go forward sometimes. Mooner and Adams (if Muzz goes) is the way forward for now. :laugh:

I can imagine the welcome Del would get if he rolls up with Messrs Morris and Duberry as the way forward for Brentford.

I saw Brentford play Wrexham once, about 12 years ago. Wrexham won. 7-0. Actually, it was Hull City in midweek. They drew 0-0 with Brentford the following Saturday. Wrexham had a striker I always hoped we'd sign. Karl Connolly.

Unsure what to think about this. As much as we have been stale this season, Del has overall been a great appointment by the board. The club has moved forward from it's initial position.

I do worry though that Del would take a few with him as quite a few of our boys could play at the level of Brentford. The loss of say Morris and Dubbery, as well as the likely leave of Davidson would be a worry to me. I think Del would be tempted to take Millar with him aswell.

If he is to move on, then I'm confident we could bring in a decent level of manager, but the wrong signings could mean a struggle next season.

Since I haven't been shot at for the Morris/Doobs suggestion, I'll throw another into the pot. Would losing Del, Doobs and Morris be such a bad thing if we got (a) compensation for Del, (B) something for Jody, and © promoted Doc to boss. I know managers and assistants usually stick together, but i suspect boss at Saints would be more attractive than no.2 at Brentford. I've got a lot of time for TD, and think with that approach we could come out with another good manager and a tidy little profit.

If Muzz goes too, we could be a long way towards balancing the books in what has been a grim season financially.

*hides*