Cllian Sheridan-- I just don't get it!!

The Juggernaut

Was defo Cillian who headed it on....showed a good awareness of where his strike partner was

I find it difficult to believe that some people didn't see that or didn't think it was actually relevant. That surely counts as an assist? Sandaza would never have had the opportunity to score that goal if it wasn't for Sheridan. Cillian also set Sandaza up for goal number three against Livingston. The two of them obviously have a good understanding of each other. I don't know how many fruitless pairings we were offered last season but Sheridan and Sandaza are always showing an awareness of each others positioning. That's not all down to Sandaza.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are quite a few players in the team that I am maybe not or never have been convinced about but I don't feel the need to start a thread questioning them or slagging them off after 4 or 5 games. But, hey, thats just my opinion.

As I said, before I'm delighted with the past week and the Veg Haggis Pies and as D:Ream sang "Things Can Only Get Better"!

• 3 weeks later...
Nelly, Nold and myself must have been watching another player! All I saw was a guy that can't header, has a first touch like a tackle and can't be arsed running. His idea of beating a man is to tippy tap the ball straight into his opponents legs!

I think Sandaza being so good takes away from his lack of anything.

I genuinely feel amazed on the rare occasions that he wins a 50/50, you're lucky if he wins 10% of the 50/50's & headers. The only reason we could come up with for him getting a start was that we must be paying him a lot of money!

Have you changed your opinion after todays game?

For the second goal he won the header which went to Fran. and had the pace to get on the return pass, took it past the keeper at speed and slotted into the empty net.

Maaaaaaaggggggggiiiiiiiicccccc

Have you changed your opinion after todays game?

For the second goal he won the header which went to Fran. and had the pace to get on the return pass, took it past the keeper at speed and slotted into the empty net.

Maaaaaaaggggggggiiiiiiiicccccc

I wasn't there today, ive missed the last 3 games but it'll take more than the odd good game for me to believe he's a player. I want to see consistancy from him.

I wouldnt call a player great after one good performance and wouldnt criticise a player after one bad game.

In his last spell at the club he looked disinterested in too many games then popped up with doubles in a few others which masked a lot about his flaws. If he's bucked up his ideas and actually making more of an effort he'll get more of a chance with fans.

I noticed he managed a full game today (I think? didn't hear him get subbed), hopefully this is a positive as another of my bugbears with him was the fact he always looked knackered and had to be subbed after 60 mins while playing in a style that could hardly be classed as physically intensive. Hopefully he's realised being fit is quite useful for a footballer

I wasn't there today, ive missed the last 3 games but it'll take more than the odd good game for me to believe he's a player. I want to see consistancy from him.

I wouldnt call a player great after one good performance and wouldnt criticise a player after one bad game.

In his last spell at the club he looked disinterested in too many games then popped up with doubles in a few others which masked a lot about his flaws. If he's bucked up his ideas and actually making more of an effort he'll get more of a chance with fans.

I noticed he managed a full game today (I think? didn't hear him get subbed), hopefully this is a positive as another of my bugbears with him was the fact he always looked knackered and had to be subbed after 60 mins while playing in a style that could hardly be classed as physically intensive. Hopefully he's realised being fit is quite useful for a footballer

I think the vast majority of fans are clear about what Cillian brings to the team............A LOT. We have a very impressive partnership and are sitting 5th..........smile:D Life is good and Cillian will be sorely missed when he eventually leaves.

As you have stated you have not been at the last 3 games.

We are all good at being armchair experts.

When seen on tv the games are one dimensional and therefore you don't appreciate the "off the ball" running etc.

By the way has anyone else noticed the amount of ground covered by Liam?

Should have scored today however, with his "bad foot"

Haven't been Sheridan's biggest fan when I've seen him in previous games, but he was brilliant today.

Also think there's a helluva lot to be said for the way McInnes has allowed him and Sandaza to form a partnership this season. I still think last season's problems in front of goal had far more to do with the constant tinkering with the strikers than the actual finishing ability of our players.

Just back and I thought that the Sheridan/Sandaza partnership looked a peach. Agree with the comment from O'Rourke that McInnes must have known that Sheridan would eventually come good despite indifferent performances.

Well worth to 500+ mile trip although I thought the ref and his (non) assistants, as well as Hearts were abysmal.

Well worth to 500+ mile trip although I thought the ref and his (non) assistants, as well as Hearts were abysmal.

I actually thought the east stand assistant was ok - put his flag up quickly when he saw a foul even if the arse of a referee overulled him now and again.

As you have stated you have not been at the last 3 games.

We are all good at being armchair experts.

When seen on tv the games are one dimensional and therefore you don't appreciate the "off the ball" running etc.

By the way has anyone else noticed the amount of ground covered by Liam?

Should have scored today however, with his "bad foot"

I would disagree. I reckon you get a far better understanding of the match watching it on television. There are far less distractions, you are not chatting to your mates half the time, down getting a pie and bovril for half an hour, do not have the benefit of seeing replies of key moments in the game, listening to biased opinions from those around you etc etc etc.