New Manager Poll

The Inspiration

Who should the big man go for?  

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read online that Greame Jones (No.2 at Wigan) is linked to the job...?

http://www.teamtalk.com/papertalk/7252225/Paper-Talk-Duo-target-slam-Dunk

He's one that crossed my mind a few weeks back but I didn't think he'd be up for coming back up here given the successful partnership he's built working with Martinez.

He's probably of higher status now than he ever was as a player, has years of coaching (probably very high standards having watched Martinez's sides) behind him. Will have many a contact south of the border, spent a few years in Scotland and as an added bonus knows the club and what GB is all about.

Just read online that Greame Jones (No.2 at Wigan) is linked to the job...?

http://www.teamtalk.com/papertalk/7252225/Paper-Talk-Duo-target-slam-Dunk

That's an interesting suggestion and one I'd be pretty happy with, but he's got a bloody good job at the moment and must be on a comparatively massive salary, so I'd be quite surprised if he was on the radar. A similar one I thought of was our ex-midfielder John Henry, who's now on OC's coaching staff at Bolton.

Compo would be a huge stumbling block with Jones I suspect. All you can hope for is that he has an agreement allowing him to take a managerial role written into his contract.

Swansea didn't manage to prise him away from Wigan so I still don't hold out much hope. You'd expect a bigger welsh team (more attractive a role than ours by a country mile) in the Championship would have been able to get him if he had any aspirations to be his own boss.

That's an interesting suggestion and one I'd be pretty happy with, but he's got a bloody good job at the moment and must be on a comparatively massive salary, so I'd be quite surprised if he was on the radar. A similar one I thought of was our ex-midfielder John Henry, who's now on OC's coaching staff at Bolton.

Doesn't sound that Wigan fans would be surprised if it was true

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=558&fid=516&sty=2&act=1&mid=2116106848

As much as I admire Sheerin I can't see him hanging up his boots early to come back to us, especially given the start Arbroath have made to the season.

I'd also hate to see him have a bad time of it and damage his club hero status.

Sheerin is currently injured and having to go for his first operation of his career! Was an article somewhere about him maybe hanging the boots up.

Sheerin is currently injured and having to go for his first operation of his career! Was an article somewhere about him maybe hanging the boots up.

I think that may well be true. He must be value for money for a club like Arbroath. Player/managers with his player abilities are rare indeed, but the time will come when he won't want to play on. I understand he needs an op to carry on, and that he may be tempted not to. That would make Arbroath short a player of significant importance, so he is in an awkward position. I don't doubt his ability as a personality that would command respect from players, and as a positive tactician. I personally think the guy has a big future in management, and is better placed to come to Saints than both Coyle or McInnes were when they started. The difference is Saints's position is not mid table 1st division, as for all the team have progressed under Del, he has made that progression as a manager. It's a tall order for any young boss to hit the ground running when we are pretty close to our peak since the late 90s.

loads of tweets popping up: -

SamWallaceIndy Sam Wallace

New St Johnstone gaffer Jody Morris is on Twitter - @morriskid

6 minutes ago

Chelsea Youth

chelseayouth Chelsea Youth

Well done @morriskid. :) RT @SamWallaceIndy: Jody Morris the latest former #cfc man to go into management. Has just got St Johnstone job.

11 minutes ago

John Brewin

JohnBrewinESPN John Brewin

Jody Morris as a manager: What could possibly go wrong?

16 minutes ago

jo tongue

tonguetweets jo tongue

Jody Morris @morriskid being made temp manager at St Johnstone has made me feel ancient. Surely he's still 21?

21 minutes ago

Matt Butler

worldat6mph Matt Butler

Whaaat? Jody Morris the new caretaker boss at St Johnstone? He must have grown up. The stories I could tell about his time at #millwallfc...

21 minutes ago

loads of tweets popping up: -

SamWallaceIndy Sam Wallace

New St Johnstone gaffer Jody Morris is on Twitter - @morriskid

6 minutes ago

Chelsea Youth

chelseayouth Chelsea Youth

Well done @morriskid. :) RT @SamWallaceIndy: Jody Morris the latest former #cfc man to go into management. Has just got St Johnstone job.

11 minutes ago

John Brewin

JohnBrewinESPN John Brewin

Jody Morris as a manager: What could possibly go wrong?

16 minutes ago

jo tongue

tonguetweets jo tongue

Jody Morris @morriskid being made temp manager at St Johnstone has made me feel ancient. Surely he's still 21?

21 minutes ago

Matt Butler

worldat6mph Matt Butler

Whaaat? Jody Morris the new caretaker boss at St Johnstone? He must have grown up. The stories I could tell about his time at #millwallfc...

21 minutes ago

Only takes 1 idiot to miss-read something for an avalanche of baloney to begin on twitter.

Got a mate I work with who is season ticket holder at gayfield. They had a question and answer sesion with Paul Sheerin and he was asked if he would leave if saints come in for him. His reply was if the chairman gave him permission to speak to saints he would go. But if the chairman refused to let saints to speak to them he would be just as happy to stay.

Alex Cleland 5/1

Jody Morris 5/1

Paul Sheerin 5/1

Brian Reid 6/1

David Weir 8/1

Alan Moore 9/1

John McGlynn 9/1

Gary Bollan 12/1

Jim Jefferies 12/1

Jim McIntyre 12/1

Michael O'Neill 14/1

Neil McCann 14/1

Colin Cameron 16/1

Gary McAllister 16/1

Jim Weir 16/1

Derek Adams 20/1

John Robertson 20/1

Jimmy Calderwood 33/1

John Collins 33/1

Mark McGhee 33/1

Thats your latest Odds

Alex Cleland 5/1

Jody Morris 5/1

Paul Sheerin 5/1

Brian Reid 6/1

David Weir 8/1

Alan Moore 9/1

John McGlynn 9/1

Gary Bollan 12/1

Jim Jefferies 12/1

Jim McIntyre 12/1

Michael O'Neill 14/1

Neil McCann 14/1

Colin Cameron 16/1

Gary McAllister 16/1

Jim Weir 16/1

Derek Adams 20/1

John Robertson 20/1

Jimmy Calderwood 33/1

John Collins 33/1

Mark McGhee 33/1

Thats your latest Odds

Aye but where from? You have this habit of making things up!!