#18 - 03/12/11 - Hearts 1-2 Saints - SPL

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

own up then,how many sunday papers have you read today,how many online reports have you looked up,are you wishing the online highlights and tv showing would just hurry up,i know its not just me thats for sure,a saints win ya canna beat the feeling,i feel like a spoilt kid supporting saints just now,long may it continue !

I thought there was around 700 fans yesterday but seeing reports saying that we took around 1000. Would be interesting to see the figures.

Why do we always take a bigger crowd to tynecastle compared to other grounds outside Dundee? Hopefully this feel good factor will lead to an increase in numbers at games.

If a day like yesterday didn't get convince fair weather fans to attend more regularly then I don't know what will.

Think that might have been my favourite ever away day. Left Aberdeen at half 9, didn't get back till twelve hours later. Totally worth it, when Encks saved that penalty we went fcuking mental :D

Cant wait to see the highlights, to check just how good a save it was. Also to see a different view of their penalty, looked soft from the Roseburn.

Looking forward to my next game, likely to be Septic at home. We could be third by then :D

I am still buzzin fie yesterday, I thought the picture on the OS off Tommy W. running to the players at the end said it all feckin comittment.

I listened to Stevie Ls interview boy he can get yie up for it, the wife asked me to do the dishes after our tea after listening to Stevie I would have done every dish in the toon:laugh:

own up then,how many sunday papers have you read today,how many online reports have you looked up,are you wishing the online highlights and tv showing would just hurry up,i know its not just me thats for sure,a saints win ya canna beat the feeling,i feel like a spoilt kid supporting saints just now,long may it continue !
Not read any papers,online reports cause i did nt cry off the night before and made the game:wink: he he

I know what you mean, but we never get the credit, unless its McInnes ex rangers, Lomas mate of neil Lennon, etc.

They can all get to ****.

We know it's down to us and not how badly whoever we have just beaten played.

GIRU the whole ****ing lot of them!

:laugh:

I thought there was around 700 fans yesterday but seeing reports saying that we took around 1000. Would be interesting to see the figures.

Why do we always take a bigger crowd to tynecastle compared to other grounds outside Dundee? Hopefully this feel good factor will lead to an increase in numbers at games.

If a day like yesterday didn't get convince fair weather fans to attend more regularly then I don't know what will.

1036 apparently.:wink:

Fairly sure it is. If I remember correctly this is the last year Scotland's coefficent is helped by the season that Rangers got to the UEFA cup final, Celtic to the last 16 of the CL and Aberdeen the last 16 of the UEFA cup. We have 2 CL's place (so lets hope Rangers lose 25 points and motherwell fall away) and 3 EL places. One of the EL places is for the Scottish Cup, but unlike previous seasons you have to win the trophy to qualify for the EL rather than the beaten finalists qualifying if the winners have already qualified via the league. So potentially there could be 5 qualifying via the league if one of the top 4 win the cup.

The table on the BBC website has a dotted line between 3rd and 4th - what does that signify?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/default.stm

Fairly sure it is. If I remember correctly this is the last year Scotland's coefficent is helped by the season that Rangers got to the UEFA cup final, Celtic to the last 16 of the CL and Aberdeen the last 16 of the UEFA cup. We have 2 CL's place (so lets hope Rangers lose 25 points and motherwell fall away) and 3 EL places. One of the EL places is for the Scottish Cup, but unlike previous seasons you have to win the trophy to qualify for the EL rather than the beaten finalists qualifying if the winners have already qualified via the league. So potentially there could be 5 qualifying via the league if one of the top 4 win the cup.

I believe that is incorrect and that Scotland have 1 CL place and 3 EL places in 2012/13. That would mean that the team that finished 4th in the SPL in 2011/12 would qualify for Europe, if the Scottish Cup was won by the team that finished first, second or third

in the SPL in 2011/12.

According to Wikipedia (I know it's not always accurate):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#Final_ranking_in_2011

"Current ranking

The ranking at the end of the 2011–12 season determines the allocation in 2013–14 competitions"

I think it's the same for 2012/13, but am happy to be proved wrong.

Edited by Born2Bru

4th place is good enough for Europe, and 5th place if cup winners AND runner ups have already qualified. Just confirmed on another thread.

Just saw the highlights on the Beeb and Liam's goal was world class. Enks save was also brilliant, and their penalty was very soft. Player backed into Cracks - I would've given it as a free kick to Saints.

Not convinced about the foul on Muzz in the lead up to their goal. He lost control of the ball. Taouil's finish was brilliant though, i hate to admit.

We looked a lot better than we sounded on the radio. Classy football. Nice to see Roddy in the stand next to Lomas too.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Yesterday was one of them days we will be talking about for years. My main feeling leaving the ground was that of pride. I was proud of the players who as usual battled and ran themselevs into the ground for 90 minutes. I was proud of the support we had and how vocal we were.And finally I was just proud to be able to call myself a St Johntone supporter.

These are the good times people, lets enjoy them. SJFC.

Yesterday was one of them days we will be talking about for years. My main feeling leaving the ground was that of pride. I was proud of the players who as usual battled and ran themselevs into the ground for 90 minutes. I was proud of the support we had and how vocal we were.And finally I was just proud to be able to call myself a St Johntone supporter.

These are the good times people, lets enjoy them. SJFC.

Must have also felt good leaving unaccompanied and at full time Aitchy..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Think people are getting a little bit ahead of themselves talking about Europe! If we stick another 15 points on the board by, say, mid-February I might start to think like that. Historically speaking, we'd have to double our points tally from what it stands at now to be looking at a fifth place finish. We've played less than half our games so far, so of course it is possible, but I do fear we are due for a slight collapse in form at some stage!

Here's hoping that doesn't happen until at least the Celtic game of course!

Must have also felt good leaving unaccompanied and at full time Aitchy..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Its amazing what can be achieved when ive not consumed several pints of cooking lager!!:laugh: Fair play to stewards and Polis yesterday as well, Glasgow's finest could learn a lot from them. Finally, shame you didnt turn up for the football this morning either mate, was looking forward to kicking ya!:laugh:

Think people are getting a little bit ahead of themselves talking about Europe! If we stick another 15 points on the board by, say, mid-February I might start to think like that. Historically speaking, we'd have to double our points tally from what it stands at now to be looking at a fifth place finish. We've played less than half our games so far, so of course it is possible, but I do fear we are due for a slight collapse in form at some stage!

Here's hoping that doesn't happen until at least the Celtic game of course!

Tbh Jamie,I don't see any harm with us getting a bit excited about the way the season is going.If we make Europe then its been an unbelievable season and we'll all be "happy as Larry".If we don't make it,as St.Johnstone supporters we're used to disappointments and will grin and bear it.

Whatever happens I'll be back for more.