European places confirmed, we have a REAL chance

bigstu

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to confirm, am I correct in saying the best we can achieve is the second qualifying rounds? which are played on the 19 July 2012 + 26 July 2012, and drawn on the 25 June 2012

To start with, yes.

Then the next round is on 2 & 9 August and then ......

Draw date seems to be uncertain at present.

should hearts get abetter result than us on sunday and go on and win the cup it should be noted that we will have qualified for Europe because we finished 6th not because hearts won the cup. 6th position is still a bloody good season no matter how disapointing thelast few weeks have been.Anyway we will win on sunday aswill celtic then we can all cheer wee liegh griffiths at Hampden:laugh:

As one of the many who went to Finland and Monaco and enjoyed the trips i feel the team then, as in 1971 were ready and at the peak of there ability. I just fear that if we make it this time we may not be in the possition of having our team ready to do themselves justice fearing we MAY get a doing..............on the other hand i would rather take our chances than not be involved at all, as these games are our cup finals and not to be missed..........

IF Hearts win the cup, we can now see the teams who will be in the 2nd qualifying group stage (along with all those in the 1st stage who would join the pool if they win their ties)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_UEFA_Europa_League#SCO

Wow, some big names in their Sparta Prague, Red Star etc

Geez, Metalurh Donetsk :sad: Saw this lot beat and knock Olympiakos out of the Europa League a few weeks ago, they were excellent. A few Brazillians in the team.

Hope we wouldnt play Lomas' youth squad :roll:

Please please please let us get through a couple of rounds against Montenegro and estonia's equivalent of Saints, and then face Newcastle or whoever in a tie that will make Saints a fortune and give us a game we will remember forever.....

/

I don't fancy our chances against a Montenegrin team!

Wow, some big names in their Sparta Prague, Red Star etc

Geez, Metalurh Donetsk :sad: Saw this lot beat and knock Olympiakos out of the Europa League a few weeks ago, they were excellent. A few Brazillians in the team.

Hope we wouldnt play Lomas' youth squad :roll:

personally I would like Victoria Plzen in the czech republic - nice wee ground and home of cheap plsner beer - an excellent place to go! I go there quite alot for sports competitions so know the place pretty well!