#30 - 14/02/12 - Saints 1-2 Hearts - Scottish Cup

**** this nonsense. Too many awful decisions against us this season. Scottish football is corrupt why have none of the bad decisions been against Dunfy, St Mirren etc. Always against the bigger teams. Rangers can go bust and take the entire bloody league with them I've had enough and will never bother paying again to watch a match in Scotland thinking that the game will be contested between the two teams on tbe park rather than being decisedby the referee. There is actually no point in supporting anyone in Scotland who normally finish outside the top 6 in the Spl

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Ando had an absolutely superb game tonight. Future SJFC captain. Webster was immense tonight for Hearts and snuffed out anything we threw at them. High balls time and time again just didn't work. Jody was poor IMO and our lack of a midfielder who can create chances and play a killer pass is glaring. Well taken goal from Muzz and Mannus looked solid. Soft penalty but seen them given and would be screaming for it if it was us.

Left the park absolutely gutted,Terrible penalty to be awarded that late on. Referee has totally screwed us over . Only one winner coming off the back of that although we gave it a good fight early in ET. Lomas had no choice but sub Maybury before he killed the CHEAT!Anderson was Knacked and perhaps looking to the game on Sunday was taken off.Not much else could be done.Thought we might sneak Penalties but it wasnt to be

GUTTED!

Anderson was injured. Hope he is OK for Sunday.

Maybury is experianced player & should have stood of Suso a bit with 30 secs to go rather than getting too close & giving him the oppertunity to go down.

Thought we were the better team with few failures. Wright had a great game given that he has been out for weeks.

Ando was great & never gave Templeton a kick of the ball in the second half & the game was lost when he went off.

Millar wasn`t too bad first half but isn`t getting the ball in the box.

Morris is pish & has to be dropped.

Muzz also had a great game.

Mannus did all right but he spilled a couple of balls under pressure especially at the goal.

Left the park absolutely gutted,Terrible penalty to be awarded that late on. Referee has totally screwed us over . Only one winner coming off the back of that although we gave it a good fight early in ET. Lomas had no choice but sub Maybury before he killed the CHEAT!Anderson was Knacked and perhaps looking to the game on Sunday was taken off.Not much else could be done.Thought we might sneak Penalties but it wasnt to be

GUTTED!

Anderson could well be out for Sunday I would say would not be surprised if he damaged knee ligaments. Last tackle before the end of the first half of extra time.

Maybury was either ill or injured they signalled he was finished a couple of minutes before h was subbed.

Anderson was injured. Hope he is OK for Sunday.

Maybury is experianced player & should have stood of Suso a bit with 30 secs to go rather than getting too close & giving him the oppertunity to go down.

Thought we were the better team with few failures. Wright had a great game given that he has been out for weeks.

Ando was great & never gave Templeton a kick of the ball in the second half & the game was lost when he went off.

Millar wasn`t too bad first half but isn`t getting the ball in the box.

Morris is pish & has to be dropped.

Muzz also had a great game.

Mannus did all right but he spilled a couple of balls under pressure especially at the goal.

Disagree with a few of your points. Maybury was right to get where he was on Santana. Stand off him and he gets to turn inside and shoot himself. He was pretty close to goal. By getting where he did he forced him to play a ball back that was barely dangerous. Suso wasted possession and ran into a man who wasn't even trying to tackle him and it should not have been a penalty.

Morris did fine for me, kept possession in tight areas and didn't do much wrong.

Millar has been woeful lately - I'm normally a fan of his but he looks disinterested, is wasting possession and has lost the fight he normally has.

Mannus was pretty decent. Excellent kicker of the ball, although couldn't tell what, if any, involvement he had in the winning goal.

Gutted for all of us. Thought each player gave a great performance with lots of effort. Muzz and Maybury played very very well. There is no doubt that the penalty award is inconclusive. So purely from that perspective, the referee has made an incorrect decision. Officials must be 100% sure to give an award.

The reaction of both the cheating Jambo to the award and Maybury's obvious displeasure indicate no penalty.

Proud (as always) to be a Saintee.

COYS

Gutted for all of us. Thought each player gave a great performance with lots of effort. Muzz and Maybury played very very well. There is no doubt that the penalty award is inconclusive. So purely from that perspective, the referee has made an incorrect decision. Officials must be 100% sure to give an award.

The reaction of both the cheating Jambo to the award and Maybury's obvious displeasure indicate no penalty.

Proud (as always) to be a Saintee.

COYS

Agree with all of this apart from the "Saintee" bit. I fcuking hate that word.

Onwards and upwards! Bring on Aberdeen!

Disagree with a few of your points. Maybury was right to get where he was on Santana. Stand off him and he gets to turn inside and shoot himself. He was pretty close to goal. By getting where he did he forced him to play a ball back that was barely dangerous. Suso wasted possession and ran into a man who wasn't even trying to tackle him and it should not have been a penalty.

Morris did fine for me, kept possession in tight areas and didn't do much wrong.

Millar has been woeful lately - I'm normally a fan of his but he looks disinterested, is wasting possession and has lost the fight he normally has.

Mannus was pretty decent. Excellent kicker of the ball, although couldn't tell what, if any, involvement he had in the winning goal.

A few points Jamie,that will be nearly all points.

Just can`t see what some people think Morris brings to the team. His first instinct is to turn round instead of going forward. He invariably gets caught in posession. In the last minute of extra time he even kicked the ball back 80 yards to the goalie.

Wish to feck he had gone to Bristol.

Thought we deserved to win that even ignoring the officials. Referee and Main Stand linesman are the reason we lost that game. Proud to be a Saintee.

He gave us offside a couple of times when we were clean through & must have been at least 5 yards onside. How can anyone be so incompitant. Maybe not,maybe just a cheat.

Gutted after that - we did everything right on the park only for the effing ref to screw us over (that's 3 games in a row - almost conspiracy time!).

Pluses were Muzz's return to form, Mannus and the defence including that makeshift pseudo-Dave Mackay at right back :)

Negatives - selfish play too often from Fran when there was a good pass on. Jody caught in possession far far too often and Maybury not kicking the shit out of that cheating Jambo b******.

He gave us offside a couple of times when we were clean through & must have been at least 5 yards onside. How can anyone be so incompitant. Maybe not,maybe just a cheat.

He gave two offsides within the space of two minutes, neither of which were anywhere near being offside and both of which would have seen us with a great chance to score. Joke.

Well, that's me just got back to Edinburgh....devestated.

Strange game in that I thought Sandaza and Sheridan were well off the boil tonight. I have to agree with those that thought Jody had a stinker, although the ball back to the keeper near the end of injury time was actually the right thing to do...allowing Mannus (who had a decent game) to hump it back in.

What a difference to that right side when Croft came on....Millar is similar to me swimmimg....lots of movement and effort put in, but when I lift my head, I haven't gone very far...while others seem to be hardly trying and coast through the water. The best you will get from Millar is maybe a corner as he never actually goes past a man...either cuts back or attempts to cross while still level with the opposing player.

Muzz for me was excellent tonight and Ando, Cracks and Wright were too...Maybury, again, doesn't let you down and I say that in the belief that he done nothing wrong for that woeful penalty decision....need to see it on tv to confirm.

Despite the criticism of some above, we should be sitting here right now looking forward to the next round v St Mirren.....as well as the penalty, there were a couple of SHOCKING offside decisions against Croft when he was clean through.

The one good thing.....thank god Fanny left us...he is still murder

I honestly don't think I was at the same game as some of you. Everyone on here gives the opposition no credit whatsoever. Hearts hounded Jody all night to break up play, and covered the runs of Sheridan and Sandaza superbly. Sandaza's one touch football and ability to beat players is incredible.

Craig was quiet in the first 30 minutes, but improved, dropping to right back late on and winning every 50/50 up until the 120th minute. His energy was unreal.

McCracken's distribution was worse than ever. The only really major criticism

I have.

I saw wright lose one header all night. He probably won 50+. Outstanding. Ando looked like he'd played RB all his life. Maybury didn't put a foot wrong, INCLUDING the penalty which was never ever a penalty.

Morris was excellent considering he had two men on him most of the time. Davidson was brilliant, Midgie was ok. Haber came on and won everything in the air. Croft was flagged offside twice when he was clean through, both probably 3-5yards onside.

Danny Grainger was the only bad player tonight. He was woeful, which I enjoyed.

Gutted.

All in all, we deserved to win 1-0 at the least. Great game, full throttle for 120 minutes.

I honestly don't think I was at the same game as some of you. Everyone on here gives the opposition no credit whatsoever. Hearts hounded Jody all night to break up play, and covered the runs of Sheridan and Sandaza superbly. Sandaza's one touch football and ability to beat players is incredible.

Craig was quiet in the first 30 minutes, but improved, dropping to right back late on and winning every 50/50 up until the 120th minute. His energy was unreal.

McCracken's distribution was worse than ever. The only really major criticism

I have.

I saw wright lose one header all night. He probably won 50+. Outstanding. Ando looked like he'd played RB all his life. Maybury didn't put a foot wrong, INCLUDING the penalty which was never ever a penalty.

Morris was excellent considering he had two men on him most of the time. Davidson was brilliant, Midgie was ok. Haber came on and won everything in the air. Croft was flagged offside twice when he was clean through, both probably 3-5yards onside.

Danny Grainger was the only bad player tonight. He was woeful, which I enjoyed.

Gutted.

All in all, we deserved to win 1-0 at the least. Great game, full throttle for 120 minutes.

I disagree with any suggestion that the Hearts management were masters in denying St Johnstone a victory (Jody, S and S) ........you are spot on about Grainger......he was dreadful!!

Woke up more disappointed now than I was at end rethinking the balance of possession we had. Better team lost. Some big players didn't show especially Sheridan. Murray Davidson was immense yet again and the longer we keep at Saints the better for me.

As for the 'dive' - everyone of us would have taken it if it had been Sandaza so time to move on.

If Saints want to become successful we really need to learn to dive properly. If croft had his timing better we would potentially have won on Saturday. Look at the masters last night, that's how you do it. After the decisions we've had against us this season I'd tell my players to dive every bloody week. No guilt, just evening things up.