Squad Clear Out

St Mikey

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i presume you haven't listened to yesterdays post match interview?

I actually thought his post match interview on BBC Scotland was spot on and he did not make too much of the penalty incident. He did come across as totally gutted with the performance however and did say that without our first choice players we are effectively a bottom six side. I think the last couple of games has proved that beyond doubt. I have a feeling that because we are finishing on such a low that players like Croft and others he is targetting will not be persuaded to remain here next season.

I have a feeling that because we are finishing on such a low that players like Croft and others he is targetting will not be persuaded to remain here next season.

You could argue that one either way. Perhaps he would remain here as he would know that he would be in the first team all the time. He's obviously not been getting that down south.

There are some players who will need to move on, though I don't agree we will lose all our better players just because of our form since the split. If we do get Europe then that may well be a massive attraction. Add to that, that Rangers are unlikely to be challenging at the top and Europe will be out of their reach for a number of seasons then there is a great opportunity to challenge for Europe through the next few seasons, particularly if we keep the majority of the first team together.

Also Hearts are likely to downsize their first team squad offering more opportunities for the 'smaller' clubs.

What has been clear to me for some time is that Dundee United and Motherwell have both got better and better as the season progresses. They are considerably better teams than us. Huge credit to them both. At this point in time the two of them are as close to the old firm as any team has been for more than a decade in my opinion.

Aye, how do they do that each season. Particularly Motherwell who, good though they are perceived to be, are still incapable of taking anything off the 'OF'. Bad as the current Rangers team are perceived to be. :laugh:

Aye, how do they do that each season. Particularly Motherwell who, good though they are perceived to be, are still incapable of taking anything off the 'OF'. Bad as the current Rangers team are perceived to be. :laugh:

I don't think it'll last much longer. Whatever happens to rangers next season, it won't be easy for them to finish 2nd. If Celtic struggle in europe again I wonder how long they could sustain their spending in a one horse race?

On the positive side there will be lots of quality players out of contract at other clubs desperate for the security of a contract that Saints will be able to offer.

Absolutely right. I cannot believe how it can turn in a couple of weeks, oh ye of little faith. Next year Rangers will be out of it and Saints will be competing with Motherwell, United etc for Europe again.

If I was playing for Rangers, had made my money and wanted to stay in Scotland after getting binned, Saints would be a great option.

I think SL should start rebuilding by scouting the quality that is on show between 8.30 and 9.30 at McD on a Sunday night :laugh::laugh:

Absolutely right. I cannot believe how it can turn in a couple of weeks, oh ye of little faith. Next year Rangers will be out of it and Saints will be competing with Motherwell, United etc for Europe again.

If I was playing for Rangers, had made my money and wanted to stay in Scotland after getting binned, Saints would be a great option.

I think SL should start rebuilding by scouting the quality that is on show between 8.30 and 9.30 at McD on a Sunday night :laugh::laugh:

After watching Saints yesterday I think the Carse of Gowrie select even with Nipper in goals could give Saints a run for their money.:laugh:

Says the man who 10 hours ago was telling Haber to hold up balls barely landing on his crown.

Dont you even start with this crap like Ghostie said he tried his best to get a decent atmosphere going and was one of the fans that stayed right to the end and applauded them. Ghostie is a very good saints fan and a decent guy so cut the crap

I have missed 3 Saints games home and away in total this season that I'd have otherwise gone to, but due to work committments was unable. I think it was round about the same last season and the one before that. I haven't ever bothered trying to tot up how much of MY money that's been over the years because in all honesty it doesn't matter. However, I must admit (to my eternal shame it seems) that I was one of those who left after the fourth (along with quite a number of others I see regularly week in week out) becuase if we're being honest "bad days at the office" are becoming more regular, along with the manager's latest excuse blaming the referee which is starting to become tiresome (for me anyway). Forget our league position being good and has been due to us punching above our weight - irrelevant, I'd have left early yesterday had we been mid table, at the bottom, or anywhere else after having to watch that spineless garbage.

A question... Do the sanctimonious on here think that I do, or do not, have the right to feel aggrieved about our team's attitude and display yesterday and leave 5 minutes before the end of a match where we've been horsed by a not brilliant opposition, have just conceded another cheap goal, and have witnessed our players and manager spending more time and energy bleating at the referee and linesmen than f*****g trying to put it right? To be frank, I think I have the right to expect better, but in your opinion, with the attendance background I have am I really a "fan" or not due to the fact I got fed up with it yesterday?

Im the same i have missed 3 Saints games home and away in total this season that I'd have otherwise gone to, but due to work i was unable and im a season ticket holder. To some of those peoples shame yesterday they couldnt of left any faster they were like Rangers fans

We can all accept defeat but the manner of defeat was awful. Don't blame anyone for walking early, every goal we conceded felt like a kick in the gut. I stayed but I actually think that says more about me than those who left....idiot.

We can all accept defeat but the manner of defeat was awful. Don't blame anyone for walking early, every goal we conceded felt like a kick in the gut. I stayed but I actually think that says more about me than those who left....idiot.

That's the same for me. This is the 1st season I have left early from games this year, hell, I turned the radio off after the 4th went in :laugh:

Squad Clear out is not what I am fearing..rather Mass Exodus :sad:

Nice to see some early morning optimism. I reckon quite a few will leave, but I also reckon Lomas might bring in a few gems.

My biggest fear is that next season we will seek to consolidate our over-achievement of this, and if that fails then fingers will be pointed. Unfortunately we are a bottom six side with a couple of players who gave us an extra edge. Teams around us have these players on board - Daly at Utd, Ojama at Motherwell etc. The players that have elevated us to a top six side are all loan/short term deal players.

We need to remember that three years ago we would probably have expected a relegation fight.

For those interested, the following nineteen players are out of contract, although five of them are on loan:

Enckelman

Maybury

Hart

Morris

Millar

Adams

Finnigan

Haber

Sandaza

Riordan

Clark

Durnan

Caddis

May

Compton

Croft

Sheridan

Oyenuga

Keatings

Manager has admitted publically he'd like to keep/has offered deals to Enckelman, Millar, Sandaza, May and Croft.

That leaves next season's squad looking like:

ST JOHNSTONE FC - FIRST TEAM SQUAD 2012/13

Goalkeepers

15. Alan Mannus (30) - May 2013

Defenders

6. Steven Anderson (26) - May 2014

2. Dave Mackay (31) - May 2013

3. Callum Davidson (36) - May 2013

5. Frazer Wright (32) - May 2013

18. David McCracken (30) - May 2013

Midfielders

14. Kevin Moon (25) - May 2013 (+ one-year option)

10. Liam Craig (25) - May 2013

8. Murray Davidson (24) - May 2013

16. David Robertson (25) - May 2013

Forwards

17. Sean Higgins (27) - May 2013

(Ages at start of 2012/13 season)

Thats not so good, we don't even get rid of David Robertson at the end of the season :shock: