An open letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown

Calypso Kid

I think this is the start of a horrible time for non old firm fans. They will be voted straight back in as a measure of self preservation for other clubs. This also opens the door to all clubs to follow suit.

I am seriously considering not renewing my season ticket now. Although my view has changed from time to time, this leaves a very sour taste in the mouth.

Now a 'newco' is very real, we really need a statement from our chairman on how our club stands

I am seriously considering not renewing my season ticket now. Although my view has changed from time to time, this leaves a very sour taste in the mouth.

It's perhaps easy for me to say as I don't live locally so no longer buy a season ticket... but personally I wouldn't even contemplate renewing or buying a season ticket until this issue is resolved.

Massive decision now lies ahead for all clubs. Bearing in mind the way previous SPL decisions have unfolded, I can't help but fear that the end result is going to be a weak compromise involving various sanctions - and the clubs will come out with a well-rehearsed party line about how they've acted to punish Rangers and it won't happen again.

If Steve Brown is reading this: that is not good enough. I suspect the clubs feel that, given time, this will blow over and fans will come to accept and live with 'New Rangers'. That can't be allowed to happen.

This hasn't really changed my opinion on the season ticket. I'll renew whether Rangers are in the league or not. I see this as my way of supporting the club financially, although I see the reasons others have stated for not renewing.

I wouldn't be against them being allowed in with severe penalties, but I'm not sure you can do that with it being a new company and all.

Personally, I think the safer option for the SPL is to boot them out as I suspect the fallout from fans of other clubs and the view UEFA & FIFA will take on this whole sorry mess would not be worth the increased revenues from them being there.

Also, you would imagine the other SPL chairmen would expect Rangers to be back in roughly five seasons at most (assuming they get an SFL place). So I'd have thought they would be able to survive these years without Rangers.

Please, please, please...

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to get it right for Scottish football for the long term.

- Change the voting rights to 9-3 at least (thus taking away the OF's voting advantage)

- Change the allocation of sponsorship and TV money to be equitable amongst all of the clubs (thus taking away this avenue of financial advantage currently enjoyed by the OF - they take 66% of the money now remember)

- Newco at best to start in the 3rd Division

Please - if this can be done??? For the good of football. The current arrangement has wrecked it so far so go for equality and get Scottish football properly back on its feet

HMRC must seek an interdict to secure the assets of Rangers before they are sold off to Green at a price that doesn't reflect their market value.

If D&P sanction a sale "not at arms length" in the current situation they are surely committing a criminal act.

I would have thought so to, but it has been in the public eye for some time now, and hasn't been slapped down.

It's perhaps easy for me to say as I don't live locally so no longer buy a season ticket... but personally I wouldn't even contemplate renewing or buying a season ticket until this issue is resolved.

Echo that. I'm not a season ticket holder and up till now my feeling was that this is a mess but if I still lived back home I'd probably still go to matches. Now I don't think so. There's something rotten at the core of Scottish football, and there would be no enjoyment in watching something we knew to be corrupt and rigged.

I haven't lived in Perthshire for lots of years, but I still spend every Saturday afternoon with the results videprinter thing playing on telly, following the scores. Still get nervous. Still get as worked up as I ever did when I was on the terraces at Muirton Park.

It's a stupid habit for a grown man, I suppose, but it's in the blood. Never thought I'd change, but if this newco gets the go-ahead I'll begin the painful withdrawal programme.

I know I should know this but for me & maybe a few others...

On Thursday the CVA is not accepted then if that happens it's Liquidation and no-one gets any money ??

I know I know very basic but is that the crack ??:oops:

It's a good question since in normal Liquidations the fixed assets are taken into the pot that's already there and whose sale would be available for the creditors but it's not clear in this case.

Haven't seen that in print? Green said that he had an agreemeni bet in writing.

I believe the proposal hmrc rejected was asking for permission for d&p to sell assets. As they are saying no and appointing bdo, d&p wont be around to sell anything. People on rtc have said (the mechanics of it are a bit over my head) that d&p had permission to sell assets like players, but anything like ibrox would need creditor approval.

Seems like hmrc only really care about liquidation and a forensic investigation of directors actions.

Here is a question.

How would people feel if Mr Brown voted no to letting the new Rangers into the SPL but the others did and they were let in?

I stated on the season ticket thread that this is the one thing that would cause me a dilemma. Saints have done the right thing but football is corrupt and pointless.

Echo that. I'm not a season ticket holder and up till now my feeling was that this is a mess but if I still lived back home I'd probably still go to matches. Now I don't think so. There's something rotten at the core of Scottish football, and there would be no enjoyment in watching something we knew to be corrupt and rigged.

I haven't lived in Perthshire for lots of years, but I still spend every Saturday afternoon with the results videprinter thing playing on telly, following the scores. Still get nervous. Still get as worked up as I ever did when I was on the terraces at Muirton Park.

It's a stupid habit for a grown man, I suppose, but it's in the blood. Never thought I'd change, but if this newco gets the go-ahead I'll begin the painful withdrawal programme.

@Sleepless - I'm so with you on this and in your situation.

Living in Glasgow I spent my childhood and early teens getting the rip taken out of me by Rangers and Celtic fans (primarily the former given the school I went to - say no more!) for being a Saint Johnstone supporter - I'm talking the 1970s when at time we had good even great teams. They'd even take the p*ss out of my 'replica' shirt (cos it wasn't really). But I stood my ground. My brother went glory hunting with Celtic and then Rangers (where he is to this day - and in denial over all this mess).

And we come to this week - when there is the opportunity for these hurts to be atoned for - and for the cheating and delusions of RFC and their fans over the years to be dealt with.

Notwithstanding my wish for a successful Saints - oh for the days of successful and footballing relatively powerful Aberdeen, Hearts and Dundee Utd.

I hope that last wish is not heresy hereabouts - but thinking back to the early and mid 80s when Aberdeen and Dundee Utd seriously took on and beat the OF - oh how much the OF HATED it. I recall being at Ibrox with my brother watching Aberdeen stuff Rangers - and how the Rangers fans hated Joe Harper - and how he loved running rings around Rangers.

Now that for me was a good time for Scottish football. And the hugely positive impact that was had at the time on the national team...

Edited by henryhallsdanceband

Here is a question.

How would people feel if Mr Brown voted no to letting the new Rangers into the SPL but the others did and they were let in?

It would possibly convince me to go back,as our chairman did what was right and wanted by most fans, but there would be a sadness,knowing the ex **** were above the rules. Taking the piss out of them, might make it more appealing though!

Number 10,000...:D

Now is the time to get yer e-mails into Stevie Brown, to cockwomble and into the national media. Now is the time where we need to show fan power and now is the time that those of us who have always stated " NO TO A NEWCO" to stand up and be counted.

Todays news, was ( as far as I was concerned) not unexpected but I have to say I actually feel good that the cheating bastards are being liquidated. Say goodbye to 140 years of history, say goodbye to Europe for the next three seasons, say goodbye to top players who will now walk away for sweet feck all.

Today is a day we should celebrate but also we now need to mobilise ( not just saints fans) and make sure that the team once know as Rangers does not waltz straight back into the SPL.

This is not the end but it is certainly the begining of the end..

Praise be HMRC:D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QiLziusKW4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Never thought I would say this but congratulations to HMRC. All the spin doctoring to try and get RFC back into the SPL should now stop and the Chairmen of all the clubs take their medicine and refuse RFC entry. Another unbelieveable statement - welcome to the SPL Dundee FC! Steve - if you are serious about our fans then do the right thing - if you do not then Saints without a dedicated fan base might be one of the next one's to go bust - and I would accept a Newco Saints in the third division even as part timers or amateurs rather than let the Newco into the SPL.

The SPL chairmen simply must not allow a NewCo Rangers back into the SPL under any circumstances. Sporting integrity is worth more than short term financial gain.

The Rangers/NewCo fans have already said that they will boycott away games next season in protest at their treatment (which has been far too lenient thus far imo) so Mr.Brown can forget about the massive gate money he will lose. That is not too mention the fans that will turn their back on Saints and the SPL for a season at least if NewCo are voted in. If Dundee come up then I would suggest that we may well see an increase in gate overall.

Yup if it is indeed Dundee who come up, they would probably just about offset any OF loses, or at least make it a lot less of a difference, plus you'd probably attract a bigger home crowd for a match against Dundee.

As far as I'm aware the Sky deal WILL still be in place, at which point there is no reason for SPL chairmens to vote a Newco in, but all we need is 5 not to vote them in and it won't happen, I think. Surely there are 5 teams with some spine.