An open letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown

Calypso Kid

Except the newco can't vote to admit the newco to the SPL as the newco would have to be a member of the SPL which it can't be until it is voted in. Catch 22. Shoorly.

Mate, I honestly don't know,

Interesting one. But perhaps the main point is that, in any committee I've ever been part of, you absent youself from a vote where you have a material, prima facie interest in the outcome, either by rule or convention,

We shall see.

Meanwhile, is it a secret ballot, and when is the vote?

Oh yes. I support any non-cheating Scottish club in Europe -those were happy, happy days. Folk forget that DU were a ba'hair away from being in the Heysel (sp?)where the folk died (sorry can't spell it). And we did have two clubs, one cheats and one as far as we know not cheats in the Europa Cup final in recent years. It's not as bad as it seems - get old, get perspective.

No they weren't. United were cheated out of the 84 final by Roma which was held in Rome. Heysel was the following year in 85 when Liverpool played Juve.

Schoolboy defending from Narey and Hegarty cost United a place in the final, they were woeful that day.

off topic chief try this one.

dear steve

please don't let the newco rangers in the spl.can you vote for dumdee please.even though we have been in admin TWICE and are cheats as well. its good to get humped by your saints team and you can laugh at the ridiculous fashions dumdee fans wear at dense park.

signed gort.

yours in sport

ps derry rule (but its no raelly sectarion .its just us coags can't spell and really is a dairy for shite milk and dirty fans )

They must,MUST go the same way as Fiorentina did a few years back. A brand new club have to start right at the bottom and rebuild. Anything else and Scottish football is an utter joke. Their must be a significant punishment for the YEARS of rule breaking and underhanded financial chicanery!

As, realistically Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee UTD and possibly us would have a real shot at second place and regular, meaningful competition attendance would go up across the SPL.

Edited by rik2304

Justice and common sense dictates they should be banned from competing and the very least enter SFL 3.

However, I have as much confidence in SPL chairmen saying "No to NEWCO" as I have of Craig Levein playing exciting attracting football.

Take the medicine and go please.

I hope any chairmen that vote that they should be allowed in are NAMED AND SHAMED. Take note BROON! :mad:

I suspect much has changed since this thread began. Fast tracking new Rangers into the SPL is now a much more contaminated option than it once was. I think the club has been listening and no doubt have heard the wider resistances at Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, St Mirren etc. from a whisper to a scream

I suspect much has changed since this thread began. Fast tracking new Rangers into the SPL is now a much more contaminated option than it once was. I think the club has been listening and no doubt have heard the wider resistances at Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, St Mirren etc. from a whisper to a scream

We can but hope! No to Newco!

Worth bearing in mind that all of this is before the formal findings of the undisclosed payments to players.

As it stands, the SPL are due to release the fixture list soon with a club in the liquidation process for the first time in world football. We're treading in uncharted and unwanted territory with this one.

Motherwell's err on the side of beneifit to MFC comment concerned me today though.

If they do get voted straight in then all of the member clubs in the SPL should forfeit all further voting rights for any other decision EVER! As they are prepared to simply bow down to the Old Firm and grovel for whatever scraps they leave in their corrupt, greasy stead.

The precedent has been set by Airdrie UTD having to start again and buy out Clydebank to get back into the league. Similary Clydebank are now somewhere in the Junior Leagues.

If they do get voted straight in then all of the member clubs in the SPL should forfeit all further voting rights for any other decision EVER! As they are prepared to simply bow down to the Old Firm and grovel for whatever scraps they leave in their corrupt, greasy stead.

The precedent has been set by Airdrie UTD having to start again and buy out Clydebank to get back into the league. Similary Clydebank are now somewhere in the Junior Leagues.

It's all the SPL clubs who are to vote.

We'll know by July just how bereft of integrity our national game is, it's then up to you as a punter to make a choice.

Does anyone have any indication or insider knowledge that may shed some light on how Saints will vote on the Newco? Will any sort of correspondence from fans have an affect on the way our chairman will vote? Does he care about the views of fans?

He has to decide between short term wealth in the form of a tv deal or long term security of the club. He must also remember how desperate FC Govan of Rangers were/are to leave Scottish football. We can help grant their wish.

No doubt in my mind the SPL chairman will allow Rangers back into the SPL with a few pishy wee sanctions that in the long run will mean nothing.

I suspect you may well be spot on, and if that's the case:

Stevie,

Save the club a wee bit cash and dinnae bother sending out my season ticket renewal. It the SPL chairmen don't have the balls to refuse entry to the top league to a team that has no history, no titles and absolutely no right to be there, then you can obviously do without my cash.

Been a rollercoaster 34 years, but what the hell.

Ta.

Agree with the above posts i believe the Newco Bears will be plying their trade in the Spl next season albeit with some shoody sanctions,i hope to god we are wrong though and not showing enough faith in the Brown and the rest of the chairmen.

As Soulful said earlier, now its real things have changed dramatically.

I fear they will be voted back in, with spurious financial sanctions, which could set a dangerous precedent.

My feelings grow stronger by the day, and I fear that the Europa games may be my last. This saddens me as I never saw myself not supporting Saints, with my family. How do I explain to my 5 year old son why we no longer watch Saints?!

After all Steve Brown's good work re getting fans back, the wrong outcome here could put all that good work up in smoke before it even gets off the ground

After all Steve Brown's good work re getting fans back, the wrong outcome here could put all that good work up in smoke before it even gets off the ground

Thats what i've been thinking,more than likely Auld paw Broon has been giving his son advice from afar but its its Young Broons decision at the end of the day,i can see the outcome of this upcoming vote causing the saints support drop even more,shame really.