An open letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown

Calypso Kid

Here's your lead Steve:

BREAKING NEWS: Dundee Utd Say No to Rangers Newco in SPL.

Dundee Utd have just issued this statement on their website after meeting with their fans...

"Dundee United tonight met with Supporters' groups to discuss the newco situation prior to the all club vote on the proposal to transfer Rangers share on 4th July.

Following what was a robust and constructive meeting, the Club's position on how we will vote was substantiated by the viewpoint of the various supporters groups. The meeting finished with all in agreement as to what the correct course of action would be.

The Board of Directors of Dundee United are unequivocal in the belief that a form of sporting punishment must form part of the reasoning behind any decision made and, therefore, cannot vote the newco into the SPL. General sporting integrity and, more importantly, the integrity of Scottish football must also play a significant part in the decision making process. It is our belief that any form of sporting punishment must be unambiguous in the message it displays.

Here's your lead Steve:

BREAKING NEWS: Dundee Utd Say No to Rangers Newco in SPL.

Dundee Utd have just issued this statement on their website after meeting with their fans...

"Dundee United tonight met with Supporters' groups to discuss the newco situation prior to the all club vote on the proposal to transfer Rangers share on 4th July.

Following what was a robust and constructive meeting, the Club's position on how we will vote was substantiated by the viewpoint of the various supporters groups. The meeting finished with all in agreement as to what the correct course of action would be.

The Board of Directors of Dundee United are unequivocal in the belief that a form of sporting punishment must form part of the reasoning behind any decision made and, therefore, cannot vote the newco into the SPL. General sporting integrity and, more importantly, the integrity of Scottish football must also play a significant part in the decision making process. It is our belief that any form of sporting punishment must be unambiguous in the message it displays.

why cut off the last bit of their statement? that if fans don't buy season tickets they are now screwed?

Steve Brown CANNOT at this time make any comment unless he wants to become a target for the nutters out there.Believe me, he has plenty respect for Saints fans It is not long till the 4th July and on that date we will find out. We just need to be patient. I am sure he will do the right thing. Until the 4th all we have to do is keep sending in the e-mails so he is constantly reminded of the fans position. Then, once he has done the right thing, we can all go get our season tickets..:D

Could not have put it better myself.There are a lot of Nutters out there who claim to support Rangers, but i suspect have a wider Agenda, especially from other parts of Britain.

Could not have put it better myself.There are a lot of Nutters out there who claim to support Rangers, but i suspect have a wider Agenda, especially from other parts of Britain.

Utter pish!

His vote will become public knowledge soon enough. What difference would a couple of weeks make?

Romanov and Petrie aren't hiding.

To be honest it's almost done now so he should speak up. Utd, Hearts and almost certainly Hibs. Motherwell to let fans decide and Aberdeen would be committing suicide to vote yes. That's about all that's needed. Expect Celtic to come out soon because there is little credit in saying no after the enough have thrown them out.

I will be pretty angry if there is nothing in the way of leadership from Brown in the next 48 hours. We, the fans deserve better.

Well done Utd and Hearts. Bravo!

Motherwell will consult fans - that will be a no vote

Hibs, Aberdeen and Celtic will vote No

So that leaves Saints in with the wallies at the moment, hiding in a corner. :mad:

This is another mess from Saints. Almost completely ignoring their customers, and failing to take any leadership at all. We're not completely alone in this but it's still shameful.

If we now come out and say "no" it will be welcome, but an act of cowardice in that we've rung our hands on the sidelines waiting for others to go first.

What I really appreciate hearing are the words of humility coming from Ibrox and from the acolytes of the club that was Rangers FC. But golly - they really should speak up as these words are very, very hard to make out.

Rangers or "The Rangers" are NEVER going to apologise for anything. The very fibre of them as an entity, means that this will/would never happen. They are an obnoxious and arrogant club. But still as an institution, we are told by many in Scotland that "We need the Rangers". :roll:

I will be pretty angry if there is nothing in the way of leadership from Brown in the next 48 hours. We, the fans deserve better.

Well done Utd and Hearts. Bravo!

Motherwell will consult fans - that will be a no vote

Hibs, Aberdeen and Celtic will vote No

So that leaves Saints in with the wallies at the moment, hiding in a corner. :mad:

I wouldn't hold your breath on it mate. Saints are a PR disaster. It's embarrassing that in this age of technology saints fail on so many levels to deliver news to the fans.

He will be doing himself and the club no favours by keeping his head down.

With clubs starting to align themselves to the "no vote" Steve's silence

gives all the appearance of weakness on his part.

He should come out now and announce that St.Johnstone will be voting no, in keeping with our with our long held belief in fair play.

Its not as if it would be a snap decision.

The vote should be brought forward as it is becoming obvious that Rangers will not be in the SPL next season. Main question is who will replace them.

I think we can start buying our season tickets .

Well I wont be buying one if Brown doesn't come out publicly and say he is against it, regardless what the the other ten say!

Steve Brown CANNOT at this time make any comment unless he wants to become a target for the nutters out there.Believe me, he has plenty respect for Saints fans It is not long till the 4th July and on that date we will find out. We just need to be patient. I am sure he will do the right thing. Until the 4th all we have to do is keep sending in the e-mails so he is constantly reminded of the fans position. Then, once he has done the right thing, we can all go get our season tickets..:D

...but he doesn't necessarily need to come out and say whether he's voting yes or no. What he does need to come out and say is that he has heard and will consider the views of the fans. Other clubs are organising, or have already held, talks with their supporters. When will Saints do this, and if not, why not? At the moment, Saints almost seem to be pretending this isn't happening. The club is not looking at all good at the moment. Steve Brown needs to display some leadership and start communicating with the supporters. That's the very least we deserve.

Lark (and Ghostie) - I have the ultimate respect for you guys as Saints supporters, but I disagree with you on this point.

Your argument is just another in the lengthening line of excuses being made for/by Steve Brown in recent weeks.

"He's on holiday". Er no, he's not.

"He's on the SPL Board so cannot reveal his position". Er no, this vote is being taken by every SPL club, not just Board members - and in any case, others have made their voting intentions known.

"He's frightened about threats being made to him by nutters". Er, then why hasn't he said this publicly? After today, can we now expect Mad Vlad and the Directors of Dundee United to be placed under police protection? I think not. Rather, they will be viewed as heroes by the rest of Scottish football.

Other clubs have communicated with and met their supporters, and have now acted in response to the views expressed. OUR club hasn't, and that's why Mr Brown is low in my estimations at present.

No to Newco. Three little words. All it takes. Steve Brown - speak.