Players to live in Perth (says Brown)

supersaint44

Not sure if this has been mentioned in another thread but had a wee read of this in the Metro today.

'It's about forging an identity' — St Johnstone chief issues home rules

St Johnstone chairman Steve Brown has revealed new signings will have it written into their contracts that they must live within 10 miles of Perth if receiving accommodation support from the club.

Good news in my view and something which i hope will get some supporters back in the gates and help link the fans to the club more.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/23214/it-s-about-forging-an-identity-st-johnstone-chief-issues-home-rules.html

Mmmm....considering the level of player we can attract and the typical salary they will be on, it is fair to expect them to take on the cost of selling / purchasing property, moving their kids etc etc. What if their wife works and her income is important to their household?

I applaud the ethos behind this, but not sure if in todays climate if it is that realistic

it says 'if receiving accommodation support from the club'

Which perhaps implies that players can still live in Glasgow if they want, but the club wont pay for it any more?

So they arent forced to move per se

Edit - this is only my interpretation of it, obs.

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

it says 'if receiving accommodation support from the club'

Which perhaps implies that players can still live in Glasgow if they want, but the club wont pay for it any more?

So they arent forced to move per se

Fair enough. There are probably a good few if' s and but's attached to the conditions

agree with this. I'm liking what I'm hearing from young Mr Brown

Totally agree.

Supporters gripes are generally;

Too dear to take kids

Players should be more involved in the community

He has made moves to address these issues. I would hope better PR would be next

From his comments, he has looked at the way United base their players close.

I think its good that us, United and Dundee have (at board level) good working relationships.

It seems to me that they realize the clubs are more important to each other than the old firm

More interestingly, the squad may be back training in Perth.... as he states in the article.

Interested to read that Arbroath lost Swankie to Forfar because Arbroath train in Perth and he couldn't make the round trip (where do they train?)

See here http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/23206/arbroath-stunned-as-gavin-swankie-leaves-for-local-rivals-forfar.html

More interestingly, the squad may be back training in Perth.... as he states in the article.

Interested to read that Arbroath lost Swankie to Forfar because Arbroath train in Perth and he couldn't make the round trip (where do they train?)

See here http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/23206/arbroath-stunned-as-gavin-swankie-leaves-for-local-rivals-forfar.html

Forfar are installing a all weather pitch

What is the position with the parks and buildings at cherry bank. Was there not a sports centre up there with a pool taht the players use to have access to?

Up at Aviva? Think it was sold off to a private company and it's been not used at all. The pool was full when I last saw it last year, well what I could see of it through the mould infested windows.

Real shame considering the amount of people that would use it if it was open.

Great idea by the club but 10 miles is perhaps a bit constrictive. Cuts out a fair few places like Crieff, Auchterarder, Dunkeld etc

Strange thing is that our first signing Scobbie has just moved to Edinburgh, obviously this is aimed at those coming up on loan etc from down south,

Strange thing is that our first signing Scobbie has just moved to Edinburgh, obviously this is aimed at those coming up on loan etc from down south,

Don`t think you will get anyone to sign if they have to stay in Perth. How would they fill their time. They would die of boredom.