Ultras doesnt mean violence or anything associated with that, it means vocal and visible support which our team is lacking in. Many forums have been started encouraging similar groups yet nothing has ever been created. I have the support of many un-named perth saints who would be willing to wear ultra t shirts and fly flags but we need a good number to start an actual fan ultra culture. I as a real fan have watched many a forum who encourage fan participation go by death ears as an organised group has never been made however i hope many dont care what others think and would join in. I will buy flags and streamers, from my own money to start this project!

If any saints are interested please pm me so i can organise an action plan to start the east end ultras!! home and away crowds are down, with an actual singing group this would change therefore helping our beloved team succeed at the highest level!!

Any saints who want a change in our run of the mill culture should make there voices known so we can act as a group of fans who want to see the club succeed!

P.S. Leave all the usual crap said by the normal forumers and let fans who want to get invovled with the club get involved to create a better SJFC!!!! COYS

Ultras doesnt mean violence or anything associated with that, it means vocal and visible support which our team is lacking in. Many forums have been started encouraging similar groups yet nothing has ever been created. I have the support of many un-named perth saints who would be willing to wear ultra t shirts and fly flags but we need a good number to start an actual fan ultra culture. I as a real fan have watched many a forum who encourage fan participation go by death ears as an organised group has never been made however i hope many dont care what others think and would join in. I will buy flags and streamers, from my own money to start this project!

If any saints are interested please pm me so i can organise an action plan to start the east end ultras!! home and away crowds are down, with an actual singing group this would change therefore helping our beloved team succeed at the highest level!!

Any saints who want a change in our run of the mill culture should make there voices known so we can act as a group of fans who want to see the club succeed!

P.S. Leave all the usual crap said by the normal forumers and let fans who want to get invovled with the club get involved to create a better SJFC!!!! COYS

When I lived in Bucharest I used to go to the matches of a team that didn't have that much in the way of home support. They had an ultras group, which varied between 10 and 20 members, which went to every match and sang at every match. Even though they were a small group, in my opinion they made a big difference. Without them the atmosphere would have been pretty much dead. They were also non violent and free of the bad attitudes associated with a lot of the supporters of the bigger Bucharest clubs.

Good feedback and keep the pm's coming lads. All this needs is a core start of say 8/10 members (of any age Pop haha) who would meet before the game for pints then stand together at the game. What could be better than standing at the football, singing, waving flags and giving our club vocal and visible support.

This is something which has been brought up alot and people believe will fail due to the smaller support our club has, however clubs of similar size to us like motherwell and York City down south usually have fantastic support during the game. Especially York with there Jorvik Reds have flags, sing and stand during games and prove british teams can be part of ultra culture of european teams! Any more ideas or feedback would be appreciated..

Would be a good idea to contact the club, who may perhaps inform security about standing, flag sticks and just what it is in general that's going on. When we looking to get this up and running? Celtic game? I know we won't be in the east stand but we'd all still be meeting beforehand and could try get tickets together?

Going to send them a letter outlining the issues about standing, and flag sticks, hopefully they will comply and be lenient. The club can actually help the group and work together to ensure safety of others for eg standing to help get this idea get off the ground.

Go for it, anything to breathe life into Mcd, said it before get back to the Choir that was at Muirton

Thats the plan, it has worked for many other clubs so hopefully it can work for our club home and away!

Going to send them a letter outlining the issues about standing, and flag sticks, hopefully they will comply and be lenient. The club can actually help the group and work together to ensure safety of others for eg standing to help get this idea get off the ground.

Thats the plan, it has worked for many other clubs so hopefully it can work for our club home and away!

It may seem strange but I think if you were to remove the word ULTRA and replace it with something related to the Club then it may be better received.

I know a group of lads who set themselves up as Alloa Ultras, whilst the majorioty of them wanted to go along and sing some others attached themselves causing trouble as a result of which the Club told them they were banned unless they signed undertakings and changed the name from Ultras as in there eyes ultras meant trouble.

Suspect that is why Ranagers and Celtic ultras are the bears and green brigade etc.

It may seem strange but I think if you were to remove the word ULTRA and replace it with something related to the Club then it may be better received.

I know a group of lads who set themselves up as Alloa Ultras, whilst the majorioty of them wanted to go along and sing some others attached themselves causing trouble as a result of which the Club told them they were banned unless they signed undertakings and changed the name from Ultras as in there eyes ultras meant trouble.

Suspect that is why Ranagers and Celtic ultras are the bears and green brigade etc.

The green brigade comes from the "old brigade" folk song,gloryfying the murderers that are the ira,but of course they wouldn't get away with that name.Been to Ibrox with Aberdeen and their ultras had flags on every seat and did make an atmosphere,although i preferred the old ASC version of an atmosphere there :wink:

Go for it, anything to breathe life into Mcd, said it before get back to the Choir that was at Muirton

if we as fans dont breathe life into our ground NO ONE ELSE WILL !!!! GO FOR IT........

I was there in the 70s and 80s we were a match and if not BETTER than anyone who came to muirton....... lets get back to that.... WAP

The ULTRAS name will be kept mainstand as it is something i believe whole heartedly in and something which makes us different from ultras groups in scotland as nobody ever uses the ultra name. I have a pal high up in the motherwell SS group and a friend in the green brigade , and both are very vocal in there support for me starting this. This is an issue for the whole of scottish football to tackle but if we start this group we could help aid our club. As a fan i have been bored by our support which puts me off home and away games, therefore a vocal and passionate home and away support would make like minded 18-25 year old lads get involved!!

P.S. It doesnt matter if your not in that age group as we welcome anybody who is passionate about our east stand ultras group to participate!! and btw the guy with the drum at the eses game and aberdeen game could get involvd as a drum would be necessary for this group to begin.

Edited by SaintGraeme39

The green brigade comes from the "old brigade" folk song,gloryfying the murderers that are the ira,but of course they wouldn't get away with that name.Been to Ibrox with Aberdeen and their ultras had flags on every seat and did make an atmosphere,although i preferred the old ASC version of an atmosphere there :wink:

Oh dear, mods can we please have a facepalm smilie? its really needed for a fud of a post like this

Looking at many of the videos, the large banners/flags are made by the group themselves in an area with large amounts of space. Should definitely attempt to make one, anyone handy with spray paint/know someone who would be willing to give it a go?

i ken some folk on here that used to be very handy with spray paint.the slogans perth saints,ymp ,skinheads,and various others daubed at every away ground in scotland come to mind. :laugh:

i am sure some of the lads might come out of retirement and give it a go. :laugh: