Sing Me No Sad Songs

Brechiner

Hi Sainties,

Sorry I don't live up to your manly ways.

I accept that many of you consider it banter but good humour seemed sadly lacking.

I'm not a killjoy so I'll leave it at that.

I would like to say that during that Brechin City game at McDairmid Park in 2003 (you know, the one where we beat you 2-1, did I mention it before?) I stood up among the Saints fans and shouted "stick it in the net" which our guy duly did and nobody told me to sit down even when I shouted "Yes!". Admittedly I had the element of surprise but I like to think it was that you are really pussy cats and your miaow is worse than your bite. I look forward to coming back to one of your games. But I wont be wearing my scarf!

Best Wishes,

Brechiner

Why not come to the SJFC game on Saturday against St Mirren at McD. Go to the far end of the East Stand without scarve and shout....." You are a bunch of f#cking pussy cats, Brechin rule". Then somebody from this site will know who you are and come and make friends. Then we will know that you are not just some snivelling pr1ck.

I went out the other day & I got phucking plastered

I went home and punched the wife, cos she's a Dundee b******.

This song particularly annoys me - not because of the wife-beating angle (which I find lovely), but because it doesn't work. Surely it should be "cos I'm a Dundee b******". That would work. Hmmpph.

There's only one Alan Shearer (or whoever you want to add in)

There's only one Alan Shearer

With a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile

Shearer is a f****in peadophile

Now, that was a great song and I am sure (well, reasonably sure) that he in fact was not a peado in any way, shape or form

BUT THAT'S NOT THE FECKIN POINT.....THEY ARE FOOTBALL SONGS THAT HAVE BEEN SUNG FOR YEARS. IT'S PART OF THE HARMLESS FUN.

This pc world we live in these days does my nut in

Why not come to the SJFC game on Saturday against St Mirren at McD. Go to the far end of the East Stand without scarve and shout....." You are a bunch of f#cking pussy cats, Brechin rule". Then somebody from this site will know who you are and come and make friends. Then we will know that you are not just some snivelling pr1ck.

My thoughts exactly .

what do they sing at brechin eh?

i got a bigger hedge than you !

you've no got a hedge you've no got a hedge we do we do!

we got a train station but no connected to the mainline doo dah doo dah!

we go pictavia youve no!

charlie king is the king and his arse does feckin ming !

am an immigrant your no!

or do they no sing just count the leaves on that feckin hedge .

There's only one Alan Shearer (or whoever you want to add in)

There's only one Alan Shearer

With a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile

Shearer is a f****in peadophile

Now, that was a great song and I am sure (well, reasonably sure) that he in fact was not a peado in any way, shape or form

Funnily enough, i remember going to Dens late 90's with my dad (boxing day fixture maybe?), and there were a few folk aiming this little ditty in the direction of a young Rab Douglas. Dad was genuinely confused: "has there been some rumours about him son?". Happy days!

There was a fantastic rendition at Dens of

"Your sister is your mother

Your granny is your lover

Your father f***s your brother

The Douglas Family

NANANANA....DOOF DOOF" (Obviously to The Adams Family theme tune)

To be fair to big Rab, he was standing shaking his head with a big smile on his coupon

I said that I'd leave it at that but that would be to leave the matter unfinished.

I have no objection to the ribbing of football players. They get well paid for that and it comes with the territory.

What I don't agree with is the targetting of a social class who happened to be born or brought up in a location where they were disadvantaged from the start. These people are not paid to be insulted, they are paying to be insulted. Why not keep it on the pitch?

I'm sure Rab Douglas not only smiled but laughed all the way to the bank!

Speaking as someone who started his life in a slum (winos bubbling the gas from the lobby light through milk to get a fix) and had a hard upbringing I empathise with the great unwashed.

Banter is defined as "good humoured teasing" in the dictionary. Some of your singing may not come over to those on the receiving end as that.

Finally, and you'll be pleased to hear I mean finally, the hedge!

Although this is a privet (all right so it's beech) matter, I concede that this constitutes a personal attack and is allowable. But Charlie King has godly properties and to suggest he defecates like us mortals is just not on!

Bye bye Sainties and bless you all.

Brechiner

I said that I'd leave it at that but that would be to leave the matter unfinished.

I have no objection to the ribbing of football players. They get well paid for that and it comes with the territory.

What I don't agree with is the targetting of a social class who happened to be born or brought up in a location where they were disadvantaged from the start. These people are not paid to be insulted, they are paying to be insulted. Why not keep it on the pitch?

Speaking as someone who started his life in a slum (winos bubbling the gas from the lobby light through milk to get a fix) and had a hard upbringing I empathise with the great unwashed.

Banter is defined as "good humoured teasing" in the dictionary. Some of your singing may not come over to those on the receiving end as that.

Although this is a privet (all right so it's beech) matter, I concede that this constitutes a personal attack and is allowable. But Charlie King has godly properties and to suggest he defecates like us mortals is just not on!

Brechiner

Mink

Brechiner

You think there's much of a difference between Perth and Dundee socially or economically?!

I'd argue that they're two peas in a pod nowadays