Dundee Fc

andy rhodes fancy watch

Yet another fine mess at Dens

If you want a laugh go on the Dundee mad forum.

I did not realise until this week that Bill Colvin who has been putting money in to Dundee to keep them afloat was one of the directors of Southern Cross who sold shares for millions just before the whole company went to the wall. He sounds like another chancer anyway.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-1641305/Sacked-Southern-Cross-boss-hangs-on.html

What a disgrace of a football club Dundee are.  Twice in administration and still courting cowboys, their (actually it's not their) ground is a dump, their manager is a sandwich short of a picnic, their fans are at civil war.  Long may they continue providing such entertainment!

Murray Davidson for Dens when the seal is ressurected ?

===============================================

Gort,

Didn't know you liked these complicated Swedish films like the Seventh Seal? Just wondering where Murray Davidson fits in. 

Ah ha, I get it...that film has a scene called the "dance of death" in it and this is what's happening at Dens....oui?   Deep thinking there mate, really deep.

I agree with you ..this club never learn ,and think they have the right to keep doing what gets them into trouble time after time.But there will be a way back ..just have to look at sevco to realise that.It really is a complete circus of a club.This will go badly wrong again and takes the major shareholding away from the fans??

Think their chairman should be Lord Sutch of Monster Raving Loony Party fame their old motto was ...Vote insanity you know it makes Sense???

Going off topic but i remember when Lord Sutch got his hat nicked in North Muirton then it gold held to ransom.  On that note i remember when Clive (dancer from the show Hitman and Her) got his white wig stolen while dancing at the Ice factory,awfy thieving cants us Perth lot !!!

Anyway back on topic,sorry ****all to add :neutral:

Going off topic but i remember when Lord Sutch got his hat nicked in North Muirton then it gold held to ransom.  On that note i remember when Clive (dancer from the show Hitman and Her) got his white wig stolen while dancing at the Ice factory,awfy thieving cants us Perth lot !!!

HAHA class

Anyway back on topic,sorry ****all to add :neutral:

Iknow but it could be a posthumous award?? But seriously it beggars belief that Dundee are getting 600,ooo to invest in the 1st division when in total contrast clubs are cutting budgets and going with younger squads and younger managers to stay solvent? SAINTS budget last year was around the million mark ???

Is this seriously happening? this guy cannae have many brain cells, he wants to make money with a club like Dundee? he isn't exactly the Glazers and this isn't Manchester United we're talking about haha find it hilarious he had to spend "hours and hours" talking with John Brown, who obviously thinks he's Mr Dundee...he couldnae give a **** about the club, how many times has he threatened to walk over minor disagreements in the space of a few months?

I wonder how long it will take this guy to realise he's made a huge mistake, I say give it until January when Dundee will already be out the promotion race and Brown will have walked, the club will be facing administration again...especially if he's serious about spending money on the ground, that will cost hundreds of thousands to get that place up to scratch.

Is this seriously happening? this guy cannae have many brain cells, he wants to make money with a club like Dundee? he isn't exactly the Glazers and this isn't Manchester United we're talking about haha find it hilarious he had to spend "hours and hours" talking with John Brown, who obviously thinks he's Mr Dundee...he couldnae give a **** about the club, how many times has he threatened to walk over minor disagreements in the space of a few months?

I wonder how long it will take this guy to realise he's made a huge mistake, I say give it until January when Dundee will already be out the promotion race and Brown will have walked, the club will be facing administration again...especially if he's serious about spending money on the ground, that will cost hundreds of thousands to get that place up to scratch.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The thing you must understand about the Funsters is the raging fire deep within........to finish above United nothing else matters. They covet a league or cup victory over united with every fibre of their collective being....the mere thought of finishing above us has them ejaculating. Any spiv or chancer who wants to own Dundee just turns up and tells them they're bigger than United and they will rim him enthusiastically..............., until of course they find out he is another Walter Mitty who has been hitching a ride on their hatred and stupidity to promote their own vainglorious ambitions. (Angus Cook, Ron Dixon, Peter Marr, Giovani di Stefano, Calum Mellvile)

They had better be careful DFC will not take another hit, if the good ole boys turn out to be here for a short term hoedown, like the others they, will be fortunate to survive at all.

I reckon that with an annual budget of £10m and a one-off transfer pot of £25m, any team in Scotland could finish second in the league and go into Europe. That £10m cost of running the club can be much reduced through gate receipts, TV money, and corporate sponsorship.You get 6.5m Euro for winning the Europa, and 60m / 40m for winner / runner up in the Champs League. If you make an arse of it, you can always sell the players you brought in and minmise your losses.

At least three of the top league teams are on the look out for a sugar daddy I reckon. Dundee is short fav with Hearts and Hibs not far behind.

Can understand them taking the money to ensure promotion at the first attempt, there doesn't look to be a threat to them anyway in that league. Long term will be the problem, they better check these people out well before confirming the deal.

I reckon that with an annual budget of £10m and a one-off transfer pot of £25m, any team in Scotland could finish second in the league and go into Europe. That £10m cost of running the club can be much reduced through gate receipts, TV money, and corporate sponsorship.You get 6.5m Euro for winning the Europa, and 60m / 40m for winner / runner up in the Champs League. If you make an arse of it, you can always sell the players you brought in and minmise your losses.

At least three of the top league teams are on the look out for a sugar daddy I reckon. Dundee is short fav with Hearts and Hibs not far behind.

Here we go again Chunder;)

This is exactly the thinking that has ruined Scottish football. How many clubs have thought a few million will get us into Europe and we can sell on the player is we phuc up? Rangers, Hearts, Livingstone, Dundee, Gretna, Dunfermline, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Killie......all speculated to to accumulate two no longer exist, four others sneaked through The scam of admin by the skin of their teeth, everyone else now servicing debt mountains. Millions of investment = millions of debt. How about living within your means? developing players and tactics that will win games? That's how Scottish football operated up till the 90's.......remember the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's.......when Scottish football had manageable debts and competed at the highest level? European trophies and semis for Hibs rangers, Dundee, Celtic, Dundee Utd, Dunfermline, Aberdeen. Chasing pound notes has been a disaster for Scottish clubs.

This is complete madness. Hopefully the real Dundee fans vote against this and live within their means. Otherwise this is ready to go tits up and I doubt they will be saved yet again.

Reckon the club are well shot of the directors who threw their toys from the pram when the supporter groups had the gall to actually go away and think it through rather than just accept their say-so.