Rate (Or Slate) The Ref.....

Dave Ferg

It's part of the game to slag the officials or to focus on them and blame them, but if we continue to play as well and aren't as profligate in front of goal, we won't be even thinking about refs and linesmen.

We'll leave that to moaners and deluded souls like Shiels. :laugh:

Thought the ref was good, I think he might have let us off with a hand ball in the box in the 2nd half after a Heffernan cross in but across the game he did well to let play flow. Some refs woulda been stop start yesterday.

Some will say he was crap and a cheat though.

I thought he had a good game yesterday although this ledto me getting stick from some around me. Thought he got a couple of calls wrong but if you lookat every person on the pitch he probably made less mistakes than most. I thought he was consistent and liked the fact that he didn't use his cards to keep discipline when they obviously weren't needed. I thought he let the game flow well too.

Examples?

There was a blatant handball by a Saints player ( inside the box 2nd half) The player, it might have been Ando but I aint sure, had his arms outstretched in an unnatural position. It was a clear and definite penalty to Killie ( delighted it was not given but that does not change the fact.

For Saints, Tade constantly being shoved in the back by the big CB and getting nothing. Tade felled as he ran into the box by a player not even looking at the ball. Cynical fouls which had they been in the EPL would have resulted in a yellow card went unpunished and plenty soft fouls when players simply fell over. There is more but that'll need to do you for now :wink:

He made some odd decisions. I reckon we should've had a penalty for Tade getting battered in the box when trying to challenge the keeper, but we seemed to get away with a lot of challenges we don't usually. And Hasselbaink and Murray Davidson should've been booked for persistent fouling

All in all I thought he was shite, but he's been better than anything we've had this season so far

There was a blatant handball by a Saints player ( inside the box 2nd half) The player, it might have been Ando but I aint sure, had his arms outstretched in an unnatural position. It was a clear and definite penalty to Killie ( delighted it was not given but that does not change the fact.

For Saints, Tade constantly being shoved in the back by the big CB and getting nothing. Tade felled as he ran into the box by a player not even looking at the ball. Cynical fouls which had they been in the EPL would have resulted in a yellow card went unpunished and plenty soft fouls when players simply fell over. There is more but that'll need to do you for now :wink:

I said at the time he could have given a penalty but itwould have been soft to say the least. Ref didnt give many free kicks against our centre backs either so was pretty consistent or you saying Ando & Frazer Wright are squeaky clean :laugh:

Not sure the sanitised EPL is something I would consider good for our refs to be measured against. Their refs are awful.

I said at the time he could have given a penalty but itwould have been soft to say the least. Ref didnt give many free kicks against our centre backs either so was pretty consistent or you saying Ando & Frazer Wright are squeaky clean :laugh:

Not sure the sanitised EPL is something I would consider good for our refs to be measured against. Their refs are awful.

Agreed, that clown Clattenburg has to be worst in the country, but at least 4 or 5 others run him close.

Thought he was fine!Hardly noticed him which in my book is a good thing.He let the game flow and did not flash yellows like some of the Dicks who do it to prove there point.Granted the Anderson indecent was at the other end from me but it never looked deliberate from my stance.

So to sum up i would say he was the best Ref we have had this season

The players did not make it easy for the ref yesterday. Both teams had players going down when they felt a player on his back or shoving against him. Generally he did okay though.

I do wish some folk would learn the rules as far as offside is concerned though as the linesman was getting pelters for flagging too late but if the player who was originally ofside had not gone to play the ball or gain an advantage as they put it then he would have not been flagged. That was why some of the decisions looked late.

Colvin did our game against Dunfermline last season and it was commented on that he'd done really well in what was his first SPL game. Thought he did well again yesterday and, like others, appreciate a referee that doesn't get the yellow card out too much.

No chance Anderson meant the handball but his arm was up and he blocked what would have been a decent ball into the box. One of those hard ones to call.

Did the Anderson "handball" not flick up off another part of his body before hitting his arm? That's what it looked like from our end anyway...

He turned his back, it hit his heel and spun up off his arm. Never a penalty in a million years. Nobody even claimed for it.

Ref was ok. Thought some of the Kilmarnock tugs when our players were getting clear were cynical and deserved cards but aside from that no complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

Good effort from John Beaton in Inverness! Got the penalty correct (but clearly forgot to give ICT 3 points for the conversion) and didn't have any other major decisions to make.

I think there are signs of distinct improvement in refereeing standards.

The two spoken of are reasonably new so perhaps we are getting away from the dictators who dont have a clue so just behave like bullies.

• 3 weeks later...

GooI think there are signs of distinct improvement in refereeing standards.

Would you care to retract that following Saturday?

Willie Collum was absoultely terrible! One of the worst refs I have ever seen. Never seemed to be in control. Poor decision making re head knocks etc. Poor positioning led to him not seeing fouls. Players gaining yards at free kicks and throw ins. All pretty small things but lots of them!

I'm not sure he was biased, just really poor! If he was a player, he'd have been hooked early doors