Craig Beattie

Guest Mongy Max

It'll be interesting to see if he turns up somewhere else straight away, even more so if he walks straight into their team. The inference from Saints, the way I've read it, is that he's not been fit enough and Keith Curle at Notts County offered up that as a reason for not signing him too. If that is the case, then he could be looking at a spell out of the game, so that leaves you doubting he'd walk away for nothing. Obviously Saints have signed him and need to honour that but paying off a guy that's managed about twenty minutes of football is frustrating.

With Beattie and Pawlett away, at least it means we're likely to see a new face or two before next week.

I wonder if it might just be a straight parting of the waves with no pay off.

I wonder if it might just be a straight parting of the waves with no pay off.

I think you could argue we'll find out if he signs for another club in the next few days. He's more likely to leave with nothing if he has something else lined up, no? Without the guarantee of a contract until next season, you couldn't blame the player for wanting a lump sum, as annoying as it is for us when he's contributed nothing.

Now he's away and you can be honest, did he really look up to it in training?

He actually did. Not going to go into details but I actually think he was mystified as to why he was not getting a chance and was looking for Lomas and Clelland to tell him just what he had to do to make an impact.

I personally think its time that he left all this Hearts shite behind him. Actually stopped folowing him on twitter as I was sick fed up with him living off that goal and retweeting all these muppets going on about the Beattie!!

I think you could argue we'll find out if he signs for another club in the next few days. He's more likely to leave with nothing if he has something else lined up, no? Without the guarantee of a contract until next season, you couldn't blame the player for wanting a lump sum, as annoying as it is for us when he's contributed nothing.

He will get another gig nae probs. He's as honest as the day is long and he has plenty of character :wink:

The Sun is saying we have paid off the rest of his contract which makes even less sense.

I feel that they would lazily write this and mean the same by it as a mutual termination, so I still expect the real figure is somewhere between zero and what was due, hopefully halfwayish.

The only way in which paying him off in full would make sense is if his presence was a disruptive influence that was negatively affecting the team. Although I of course have zero idea as to how he conducted himself around the club, the fact he was always retweeting people asking why he wasn't playing etc does suggest at some disruption. It may have been considered worthwhile to punt him and focus on the players we have, e.g. Tade can focus on playing fitba instead of worrying when the mercurial CB will return to fitness and come in ahead of him. Of course, if this is the case, it makes the decision to sign him even worse.

Okay, this is purely specualtion on my behalf, but I wouldn't be suprised if Beattie is suffering from depression. This to me would explain the lengthy absence and the sometimes overly upbeat tweets.

Saints paying off his contract could be us being the good guys

It would fit, it would also fit with ancient saint's attempts to let us all know he knows what it is without actually telling us what it is, as he wouldn't have phrased it so sagely if it was a groin strain or similar

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

The Beattie saga brings to mind a story that Preseton put out on Radio Scotland a few weeks ago when talking about Hearts, He said they had got rid of a player that was too expensive to play. His basic was very low but of he player it would cost them Xk and if he scored £yk.

Just wonder if that could have been our man and one reason he was not played was down to his contract?

The Beattie saga brings to mind a story that Preseton put out on Radio Scotland a few weeks ago when talking about Hearts, He said they had got rid of a player that was too expensive to play. His basic was very low but of he player it would cost them Xk and if he scored £yk.

Just wonder if that could have been our man and one reason he was not played was down to his contract?

Why sign him then? Its not as if he had a bonus at ten games and five goals even. He never got near either of those. It would have to have been five games and one goal and pretty sure no club would sign someone on those conditions.