Cowdenbeath V Saints Sc 4Th Round 1/12/12 K-O 3Pm

The ghost of Jim Morton

Is anyone planning on getting the train from the north? The Montrose faithful are taking the train for a change.

Don't think you can get a train direct to Cowdenbeath as its only on the Fife Circle line. You will have to get a bus from Kirkcaldy or a Fife Circle line train. If its the latter, make sure you get one going in the right direction.

Don't think you can get a train direct to Cowdenbeath as its only on the Fife Circle line. You will have to get a bus from Kirkcaldy or a Fife Circle line train. If its the latter, make sure you get one going in the right direction.

According to the scotrail website, which is a nightmare to navigate, we can get a train to Inverkeithing and then change for Cowdenbeath. Or at least that's what we're hoping...

they should pull their fingers out as i think a few people will be going, from personel experiance everytime i have been to a re arranged game there seems to be less folk at the games.

well of its re arranged I won't be attending. Got the day off work for this, reckon if its re arranged there will be 500 less there

From the Cowdenbeath website:

MATCH PREVIEW – ST JOHNSTONE

This Saturday see’s us take a break from the Irn Bru First Division as we welcome Steve Lomas and his St Johnstone side to Central Park for our William Hill Scottish Cup Fourth Round tie.

To reach this stage we beat Vale of Leithen 8-1 at Central Park but the Perth Saints currently sixth in the Clydesdale Bank SPL will be a much sterner challenge for Colin Cameron’s side.

In the event of the game being postponed on Saturday due to the weather the match will take place on Tuesday 4th December with a 7.45 p.m. kick off and if a replay is required it will take place at McDiarmid Park on Tuesday 11th December also with a 7.45 p.m. kick off.

According to the scotrail website, which is a nightmare to navigate, we can get a train to Inverkeithing and then change for Cowdenbeath. Or at least that's what we're hoping...

I am going, possibly by train from Montrose. 10:32 train, (East Coast London bound), change at Inverkeithing, in Cowdenbeath around 12:30 so plenty time for a pint or two.

From the game event page.

Craig Ferguson

Just spoke to Cowdenbeath's office and they are confident that the game will be on, to quote the guy on the phone "we are doing everything possible to get the game on and think it should be ok"

I thought he was doing the Late Show tomorrow night? Long way from New York for a third rounder.

From the game event page.

Craig Ferguson

Just spoke to Cowdenbeath's office and they are confident that the game will be on, to quote the guy on the phone "we are doing everything possible to get the game on and think it should be ok"

Spoke to Cowdenbeath this morning and the woman said to watch the website for later today. They are keeping their fingers crossed and have some covers on but it is only 50 50 at the moment.

From the Daily Record -

"Captain Dave Mackay is suspended following his straight red card against Hibs, while manager Steve Lomas will watch from the stands after being handed an eight-match touchline ban."

and also -

"WITH the winter weather beginning to bite, the Perthshire Saints' clash with the Blue Brazil will be subject to an 11am pitch inspection tomorrow.

The groundsmen at Cowdenbeath will be taking their own measures to make sure the match goes ahead and their counterparts at McDiarmid Park have also given them additional pitch covers.

However, a late call will be made - in time for Saints fans to avoid a wasted journey.

Dumbarton's home game against Hamilton has already been called off today - with further ties expected to fall foul of the weather."

Colin Cameron might have been thinking we were playing in green the other night....

"Cowdenbeath player-manager Colin Cameron: "I watched St Johnstone winning against Hibs in midweek and I know that they can actually play better than they did in that game...."

Either that or the BBC's website is its usual high quality reporting.