Richard Brittain

john1962

ok, Maybe the Rangers example was bad... What about Liam Craig. If he decided just before his Dundee Utd header that he wanted to stay at Saints. We would be clambering to keep him, and our fans would be slagging off Hibs for trying to keep a player who didn't want to go there.

_----

Honestly iif Liam or Muzz did that I may be happy but I wouldn't think lt was right.

Reading more into potential legal aspects its not as simple for Saints just to rip the PCA up. The player could then take the club to court for breach of that contract.

Ross County are turning into the Rangers of old for the league now. Their ignorance of rules and disrespect of football as whole is unbelievable.

Conflict of Rules

D15.1 If there is any conflict or inconsistency between any provisions of these Rules and the SFL Rules in relation to any matter concerning any Club and one or more of its Players, the provisions of these Rules shall prevail and apply to such matter.

D15.2 If there is any conflict or inconsistency between any provisions of these Rules and any Player's Contract of Service in relation to any matter concerning a Club and one or more of its Players, the provisions of these Rules shall prevail and apply to such matter.

D15.3 If there is any conflict between any provisions of these Rules and the SFL Rules in relation to any matter concerning a member club of the SFL and one or more of its players, the provisions of the SFL Rules shall prevail and apply to such matter.

Think we should be looking here if the SFA and SPL are refusing to help sort this mess out with Brittain.

County said they would NOT get involved but now give the guy a contract and register him. How can the SFA register a player when the date on his new contract is the same as ours. Our contract would surely, on a legal aspect of days order, be first considered to the exclusion of others.

McGregor and Adams are going to ruin Richie Brittain and if he is reading this then listen, they will ruin you. They are ruthless "men" who only crave control. They "own" you Richie and your being played well and truly.

I think looking from a neutral view point, the player should move, imagine how bad his life will be up there collecting a decent wage for sitting on his arse in the stand with the flat caps?!?!

We can't cancel the PCA as we would lose the value of his contract as I'm sure County will be trying to make sure he knows how to screw us.

I never thought I'd despise a club soo much but they now pass the hatred scale past Gareth Bale to top the charts.

Disgrace of a club and to Dingwall.

The difference is we are a well run and moral club that wouldn't stoop that low. Craig's gone, it's a shame, but I guarantee we would not do what Ross County have. Under hand moral-less club!

Totally agree Slick.

As a supporter I am gutted Liam Craig is going but even if he wanted to stay he would be professional enough to not do what Brittain and County have manufactured.

Guest Mongy Max

So many tunes for Kev to play when they come to town

Puppet on a string

Money money money

Life is money and I want my money back

Money changes everything

Was swing low sweet chariot not a slave song??

Edited by Mongy Max

I think you just have to look at Liam Craig to see how the use of the PCA process should be used.  Not once was a negative word uttered by him in the media, only positives about both Saints and Hibs, despite Saints being on the up and Hibs having a terrible 2013.

A few folk have jokingly posted that he should tear up the PCA and stay at Saints, but I think everyone accepted, primarily through his behaviour, that it was a done deal, contract signed, matter closed.

The bottom line is that if you make a decision to sign a PCA or any contract in football, you should make your decision before signing, not 4 months later.  

I think the other issue here that may have been lost in all the discussion.  RB knew he had second thoughts in April - had he approached Saints privately and explained his situation, I am pretty sure Saints would have done everything to accommodate his personal issues, or sought a mutually acceptable get-out of the deal and none of this sorry saga would have happened.  The bottom line was that this never happened because Adams wanted to use the issue to unsettle Saints prior to the teams playing each other.

Exactly....and that is why Saints can't afford to back down. It just proves that the one brain cell shared by RB & DA is a dodgy one. I am sure Saints would have looked sympathetically on RB's request on compassionate grounds had he behaved in the correct manner

Liam Craig & SJFC on the other hand have behaved impeccably. RB take note for the next time you act like a FUD!!!

Guest Mongy Max

Someone on dungwall online saying bad crack all round if he's frozen out.

Eh no, bad crack by county for registering another teams registered player! You might have got away with it in the north Caledonian league but this is Big boys rules now

Edited by Mongy Max

Guest Mongy Max

County on twitter making big announcement on Twiitter that they have registered bawbag with the SFA. I suggested that its a long time until The Scottish Cup

Fully expect saints Twitter to announce we've registered him as an SPL player