Ross County V Saints

glenrothes saintee

£65 return on the train from Edinburgh and you would have to leave at 8.30am and not get back until after midnight. Chuck in the cost of food, drinks, match entry and there's no way I can justify the cost of going, so it's a no from me. Public transport in Scotland really is sh*te and a total rip off.

Think I'll probably head through to Linlithgow for the Jeanfield game instead.

If you book in advance it is only £10 return. The walk up prices for trains are crazy and I only ever go up by train if I had booked it in advance.

If you book in advance it is only £10 return. The walk up prices for trains are crazy and I only ever go up by train if I had booked it in advance.

Not sure where you're finding that. It's £65 minimum on every website I've been on. The crap times are another issue.

Decided I'm not going to go now and going to have a far cheaper day playing football for PSJ in the morning and then going to watch the Linlithgow Rose v Jeanfield game.

Not sure where you're finding that. It's £65 minimum on every website I've been on. The crap times are another issue.

Decided I'm not going to go now and going to have a far cheaper day playing football for PSJ in the morning and then going to watch the Linlithgow Rose v Jeanfield game.

£7 bus -stop at Newtonmore -on to The Mallard for a bite to eat / soft drink -Game ---Bus back stop Aviemore for wotever ( chips -drink) then back home.- lot cheaper than the Choo choo -lot less hassle with times.

Sorry I was meaning if you book a couple of weeks in advance.

Your cheapest option would be a train to Perth and a supporters bus from there.

Sorry I was meaning if you book a couple of weeks in advance.

Your cheapest option would be a train to Perth and a supporters bus from there.

No worries. Whilst I'm not doubting you, a couple of weeks back when I first looked into going to Dingwall, the train price from Edinburgh was still £65 on all websites. Chuck in the fact that, in order to see the whole game, you have to leave before 8.30am and you won't get back before midnight (plus no drink allowed on trains for the majority of the journey) and it's really not enticing me to go.

No worries. Whilst I'm not doubting you, a couple of weeks back when I first looked into going to Dingwall, the train price from Edinburgh was still £65 on all websites. Chuck in the fact that, in order to see the whole game, you have to leave before 8.30am and you won't get back before midnight (plus no drink allowed on trains for the majority of the journey) and it's really not enticing me to go.

Ah the cheap tickets are singles between Edinburgh/Glasgow and Inverness so if you searched Edinburgh to Dingwall it probably will not have shown them. Wasted information now but may help at some point next season :)

Ah the cheap tickets are singles between Edinburgh/Glasgow and Inverness so if you searched Edinburgh to Dingwall it probably will not have shown them. Wasted information now but may help at some point next season :)

The fact that the train companies don't even indicate such offers when you search Edinburgh - Dingwall is pretty poor IMO

Care to elaborate?

Not going to speak for Cagey but we looked far more effective on Monday night with Tade not in the team. Return of Davidson and inclusion of Abeid certainly helped but it was refreshing to see McLean hold the ball up for midfielders to run on to. Hibs could not cope with it, especially when you add Vine into the mix as well with his trickery and ability to cut inside. Tade is unable to hold the ball up and bring others into play. We also have a tendency to just knock it long for him to chase when he plays.

Same starting eleven deserves to be selected again, exception being MacKay coming back if he is fit.

Not going to speak for Cagey but we looked far more effective on Monday night with Tade not in the team. Return of Davidson and inclusion of Abeid certainly helped but it was refreshing to see McLean hold the ball up for midfielders to run on to. Hibs could not cope with it, especially when you add Vine into the mix as well with his trickery and ability to cut inside. Tade is unable to hold the ball up and bring others into play. We also have a tendency to just knock it long for him to chase when he plays.

Same starting eleven deserves to be selected again, exception being MacKay coming back if he is fit.

I agree completely, but with Anderson coming central instead of McCracken, rather than a straight swap

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

Based on Monday's performance, Vine, McLean or Abeid would all be gutted to be dropped to make way for Tade on Saturday.

Mannus

MacKay Anderson Wright C Davidson

Craig Cregg Abeid M Davidson Vine

McLean

Sorry, but if i were any other team in the SPL, that team sheet would scare the s**t out of me right now. It's a long time since I've felt like that about a Saints team. I sincerely hope that Monday night was the turning point for us and we finish the season playing like that each week.

Thanks Al . Couldn`t have put it better. Dougie,I just don`t rate Tade especially as lone striker as he can`t head the ball,conrol the ball or hold up play as McLean can do.

I agree, we were a lot more threatening with the line up on Monday than we have been in recent weeks. However I think to say "as long as he is nowhere near the team" is a bit far. I actually think he did a pretty good job when coming on the other night. With his speed and strength he is exactly what is required in the last 20 - 30 minute of a game when defenders legs are starting to get a bit weiry. If that is his future roll with us then so be it, likely to score more than he has been.

When Hibs pulled that goal back I thought we were crying out for Tade, I'd have thrown him on 10 mins earlier to try and stretch the Hibs back line. They were playing so high and MacLean was putting them under no pressure at all.

That's one way to look at it. The alternative is that, as Tade's hold up play and aerial ability is limited/non existent, having him as a loan striker puts additional pressure on our defence/midfield as the ball keeps coming back at us all the time.

With regards to Tade, I love his effort and attitude, but he's not a footballer - he's more of an athlete on a football pitch. My old man has now decided that, as no professional footballer's first touch can really be as bad as his, Tade is miscontrolling the ball on purpose so that he can then charge into 50/50's as he seems to relish them so much!

Edited by Nelly78