Lets Get Realistic

I've never posted on this before, tho I often look, and honestly I cringe! We are st.johnstone, a small team in a small city full of small minded people! We have probably the smallest average crowd in the league along with one of , if not the smallest budgets set for a club in the SPL.

I think what we need to realise is this, As a small diddy team, this is as good as it gets!! And I think we should make the most of it , cause how can our chairman back a manager and help keep this team and improve it when we have the piss poor support we have? Why do I see and hear people say- lomas must go, yet we are in line to Finnish above, hearts , hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee utd, all teams who in size and support who are beyond what we could ever imagine? I see anything above 12th as an achievement for our small club, cause like it or not that's what we are!

Does anyone ever think that some of the bile posted on here and constant negativity may actually put fair weather fans off from returning?

We are small in numbers, and instead of increasing, it seems it's decreasing , something that frustrates me!

So come on people of Perthshire, a HUGE derby game awaits on Apri 1st, lets get behind mr lomas and his team from start to Finnish and secure this top 6 spot! And when we get there push them towards EUrope!

This is as good as it gets, we are st Johnstone

Ps see yous all in Div 1 again some time in the future!!

I don't disagree with it all, just simply saying that a desire to want to always achieve more isn't a bad thing. But, what the OP alludes to is that there is a degree of reality that needs to be applied to that desire, and that is spot on.

If you ever visit forums of other teams, we are no more negative than anybody else, and the perceived idea that we are a bunch of moaning faced gits also needs a bit of reality applied

You play for 11th place you end up 12th......

We should always aspire to be top look at the situation if we scored 10 more goals we'd be top....God we've taken more points from Celtic for the first time EVER in the SPL.. Disagree with his expectations but agree with the need to curb some negativity.....

I for one am proud of my team, be it a diddy one or a not, but they are MY team and they are flying high for the second season in a row despite the doubters that said we would go straight back down after promotion and those that said we would never get a top 6 finish let alone play in Europe again!!

Support is bad and that has been talked to death on WAP but it is still a concern that we shuold all have and one that does need to be addressed before the end of the season. Yes, Perth-folk-love-to-moan hads raised a good point abuot the negativity on here, there is far too much of it and sadly it may well be driving people away from this 'dreary club' and 'crap team' together with their 'Lomas must go!' attitudes.

I have looked at several other clubs' fans forum and they get nothing like the negativity we do, why is that? Maybe because they are also proud of their team and it's achievements. It has been said that St Johnstone needs to be promoted in the city in a much better and positive light, well let's start right here and get everyone wanting to read the latest good news and wanting to be a part of the support, cheering on 'their' team and 'our' team and 'my' team, the team that is St Johnstone!!

I've never posted on this before, tho I often look, and honestly I cringe! We are st.johnstone, a small team in a small city full of small minded people! We have probably the smallest average crowd in the league along with one of , if not the smallest budgets set for a club in the SPL.

I think what we need to realise is this, As a small diddy team, this is as good as it gets!! And I think we should make the most of it , cause how can our chairman back a manager and help keep this team and improve it when we have the piss poor support we have? Why do I see and hear people say- lomas must go, yet we are in line to Finnish above, hearts , hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee utd, all teams who in size and support who are beyond what we could ever imagine? I see anything above 12th as an achievement for our small club, cause like it or not that's what we are!

Does anyone ever think that some of the bile posted on here and constant negativity may actually put fair weather fans off from returning?

We are small in numbers, and instead of increasing, it seems it's decreasing , something that frustrates me!

So come on people of Perthshire, a HUGE derby game awaits on Apri 1st, lets get behind mr lomas and his team from start to Finnish and secure this top 6 spot! And when we get there push them towards EUrope!

Cant argue with any of that, in fact i could have written that myself!!Welcome to WAP

I for one am proud of my team, be it a diddy one or a not, but they are MY team and they are flying high for the second season in a row despite the doubters that said we would go straight back down after promotion and those that said we would never get a top 6 finish let alone play in Europe again!!

Support is bad and that has been talked to death on WAP but it is still a concern that we shuold all have and one that does need to be addressed before the end of the season. Yes, Perth-folk-love-to-moan hads raised a good point abuot the negativity on here, there is far too much of it and sadly it may well be driving people away from this 'dreary club' and 'crap team' together with their 'Lomas must go!' attitudes.

I have looked at several other clubs' fans forum and they get nothing like the negativity we do, why is that? Maybe because they are also proud of their team and it's achievements. It has been said that St Johnstone needs to be promoted in the city in a much better and positive light, well let's start right here and get everyone wanting to read the latest good news and wanting to be a part of the support, cheering on 'their' team and 'our' team and 'my' team, the team that is St Johnstone!!

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

I m a fan of 40+ years and the moaning at half time versus Killie was unbelievable .If i has been a neutral/stranger i dont think i would've been back Edited by THE LARK SAINT

On my ever diminishing trips to Perth if there's a match on I always get up to the park. However I'm getting a bit concerned at the constant complaining from folk on here about the amount of moaning to be heard up at McDiarmid. And how we must have the worst supporters in the whole of the UK. 

So, on my next visit, where should I sit where I might avoid all this supposed moaning. In fact, never mind, I've worked that out. Why bother attending at all if the atmosphere is so bad.

Ye see people reading all this stuff about folk complaining about folk moaning simply serves to put would be attendee's off. 

And as for the OP. If his post had appeared in the Courier/PA I would have been impressed, but on this site he is merely preaching to the converted, not IMHO to potential customers.

My point has been proven on this thread already! No preaching just an opinion! We all have them, as I've read many on this site! Am sure and know loads of saints fans who don't goto the games use this site , thought I'd air my opinion for once, and admit my only surprise is, that I've not been shot down in flames as much as I thought I would have been - yet

Coys

Edited by Perth-folk-love-to-moan

This has to be one of the most depressing posts I have seen in a long time! In the main it is hard to disagree with you on so many points and this reply is meant in no way to slag you off! However the points you have displayed in my opinion help explain why St Johnstone are held in such low esteem by the press, the governing bodies of Scottish football, other SPL, SFL teams and now are our own fans. How many times have you seen Saints outplay supposed superior teams only for the reports to say that the opposition had been dreadful! No credit to Saints. Even the treatment of Steve Lomas this season! He has had a touch line ban for a quarter of a season for behaviour which has been no worse than 99 per cent of other SPL managers. His only crime .....to stand up for our club and the many injustices meted out to us on a regular basis. This must be particularly difficult for Lomas because unlike us he has yet to be ground down in to quiet submission. Personally, this is why I have time for him as a manager despite his 'flaws' he still has fire to stand up for the team. Remember, he received a ban after his first Rangers game because he was incensed with our treatment! How dare he stand up for the team. To cut to the chase do you mean because Saints are a small provincial team with a poor support we should lack any ambition at all? If that is the case and in your own words this is as good as at gets .....then dear 'friend' that could & probably is the reason punters are refusing to come through our gates! Without ambition what is the point!

Wind disagree that along the lines Wendy, it pisses me off when we out play teams , yet it's always the other team that seems to have played bad according to the press- your spot on there! Am really just shocked at the level of negativity that seems to surround the club when in real terms we are doing really well! As for it don't get much better- except from finnishing 2nd it doesn't really, and that is still possible! Lets get behind the team and roar them to a top 6th Finnish and possibly 2nd or 3rd place!

Wind disagree that along the lines Wendy, it pisses me off when we out play teams , yet it's always the other team that seems to have played bad according to the press- your spot on there! Am really just shocked at the level of negativity that seems to surround the club when in real terms we are doing really well! As for it don't get much better- except from finnishing 2nd it doesn't really, and that is still possible! Lets get behind the team and roar them to a top 6th Finnish and possibly 2nd or 3rd place!

Think negativity & Scottish football go hand in hand to be honest! All part of the Scottish psyche! Wouldn't get too hung up on it. Is it better to be negative & turn up? Or would you rather total, total negativity & not turning up at all? Hard one eh? Personally, I hate the detractors, but at the end of the day you pay your money etc! I have only once booed a Saints player and that was Tommy Turner...it was at a time when he and a couple of Saints players were 'not playing' for the club...he ended up getting subbed and as he came off he spat on the club badge on his shirt....to say the Saints fans were unhappy with him is an understatement. It was the first & last time I've ever booed a Saints player!! On this occasion I felt vindicated! COYS

Its a similar point I tried to make previously. Booing against Killie for example at HT was slight OTT. Wasn't a great performance so far but we were in control. Kille weren't threatening us. Our supporters again expecting us to just go out and dominate then angry when we dont.

We have done well. Support the team instead of moaning when we don't just turn up and destroy teams like its a devine right that we should be.

Ambition is good but its like the talk of coming 2nd has gone to supporters heads... Now that we aren't 2nd people have been saying "Sack Lomas".

I understand supporters want the best from the club and their value for money from the games but if we keep winning we shouldn't really be moaning as much as some have.

I agree with the points being said above, if i'm going to be £20-23 to get into a game then if i feel a player(s) aren't performing to their full potential i'll boo or tell them to get their finger out but at the same time i will cheer and clapp when they do something good for the team. Thats by a game by game approach. Overall i think the club are doing excellent considering our means and previous history and we should be attracting more people into the games to realise this, not trying to pickout and criticise the ones that are already present.

order cheap Ansaid no prescription next day delivery

"Perhaps I didn't say it right," he replied after a moment's

order cheap Ansaid from u.s. pharmacy no prescription

purchase cheapest generic Ansaid c.o.d. without prescription

how to order Ansaid cash on delivery > http://silagramedsrxno.webs.com/

best price for generic Ansaid in canada no prescription needed

65005 - http://cipropillsm.webs.com/

cheapest Ansaid free prescription drug

still the same man; and, as I lost parts of my meat

cheapest place to order Ansaid in canada no prescription needed

Chronic pain persists firing in the nervous system for weeks. Not everyone can stand it!

online pharmacy Ansaid no prescription quick delivery

where can i buy Ansaid without a prescription

http://antabusepillsm.webs.com/

buy generic Ansaid with no presciption

http://liv-52.webs.com/

hey kunt

can ye get me a  box of prep h .how much?