Saints V Motherwell, Sunday 19Th May 12.45 Ko

glenrothes saintee

Still buzzing after 4 hours sleep!!

One thing struck me though - how often do you see a pitch invasion where parents take their kids, and the players take theirs. Credit to Saints for the strides they have taken in making it a family club again. Really chuffed to see hundreds rather than a handful of families on the ormond stand yesterday. A truly memorable day.

So many times Saints have gone into a big game (frequently against Motherwell) and completely bottled it. Not yesterday though - we were absolutely superb. We played some fantastic stuff and to a man we were tremendous. I thought 2-0 flattered Motherwell and we probably should have scored 3 or 4. Great day to be a Saints fan and now I'd like more than anything else to see these players sign on the dotted line.

Butcher saying that not getting into Europe was a blessing really.

That's like when you ask a bird out and she says no, you respond "I think your rank and it was only a joke"

I think it is down to the fact that he was going to have a problem with getting his players to go into "one of those big metal birds"

By the way....the decision to rule MacLean's goal offside was simply ridiculous. Never mind the fact that a Motherwell defender was playing him on....he was actually BEHIND Nige, meaning he couldn't be offside even if all the Motherwell players were sitting down in our half

Thought that at the time - utterly ridiculous. If you add in MacLean's wrongly offside goals he'd end up with a decent enough tally for the season.

I am still in a state of disbelief. Because I've experienced so many near misses by supporting Saints my mind keeps trying to convince me that we failed. But the reality of the situation, i.e. that we did get a result in a big game and we have finished 3rd and we are on our travels again, keeps coming back and it's fantastic.

To play the way we did in a game that meant so much was great in itself (the semi final performance against Motherwell a few years back shows just how badly things can go wrong on the pitch if the mindset isn't right) but to play well and get a result is why we deserve top 3.

Still not sure if I am more excited about getting top 3 or getting a European adventure. Somehow though it does feel better to have qualified for Europe by winning a game and finishing 3rd rather than qualifying because Hibs got pumped in the cup.

Great end to a great season.

The only thing that spoiled yesterday for me was that Hasselbaink was not quite excited enough when he scored. There was the hint of a smile but not much more. This raises further questions concerning his attitude.

I was disappointed he didn't flick the ball up then play keepie up, taking the ball out to the edge of the box before volleying it in. Really no dedication to Saints I am afraid.

Some decision eh play for a team in Europe or stay in teuchterland playing for the most bitter manager in Scotland... Get over yourself Brittain....Saints have had a team full of players separated from their families....short career...get on with it!!! If you want to see how to conduct yourself 'd***' watch Liam 'the Legend' Craig!!! Haha

WENDY SAINTS you summed that up perfectly.

Yesterday was the best footballing experience I think I have ever had! It was great being on the pitch at the end of the game with my 8 year old son and don't think he will ever forget that experience. He was chuffed to bits to meet the players after the game in the muirton suite and got his European T-shirt from last year signed by them all. Proud to be a saintee!!! Although my hangover today Is not good! Well done to everyone associated with St Johnstone!

Are we allowed to be pissed off after such a fantastic day yesterday?

I am thoroughly pissed off with the media saying we have sneaked under the radar to clinch the Europa Cup Spot. Go and take a flying phuck at yourselves we quallified because over the season we were the 3rd best club in Scotland.

A nice wee postscript to yesterdays fantastic events...........I found myself in my car listening to Radio Scotlands commentarry of the play-off final between Pars and Alloa...half-time interview Chick the Prick speaking to Jim Leishman at the end of the intreview CtP says to JL well your still the last Pars player to score a winning goal against Rangers... JL replies aye and I always will be because Rangers are phucked (or words to that effect)....exit 1 very subdued Chick.

Another wee thought on yesterday....................Motherwell and thier fans deserve tremendous credit for yesterdays events they came in big numbers yesterday(other than Septic I think that may have been the biggest away support this season, although it is a bit hard to say the way they were spread out) for what for them was a nothing end of season game they sang banged thier drum throughout the game. They stayed after the game. It would have only taken 1 nutcase to have started a riot, but it was all good-natured banter I cant Imagine that happening with a lot of teams. Also contrary to what I am reading in todays papers Motherwell actually played well especially the last 25-30 minutes of the first half.