Its Time To Name & Shame

the mad referee

If that to be honest. I was thinking maybe 3-4 from what I could see?

Nah, disagree Seany, I made a point of having a look and seemed quite a few from where I was. Ormond end tbh, but certainly looked double figures, unless some were just stuck in a half up half down position.

In the main, they are just a bunch of young, excitable teenage boys. In all likelihood they got a bit carried away and that's all you can really say in their defence. I really don't like to think any of them deliberately damaged seats but I do agree if its as many as 50 then it's hard to make a case for every single one being accidental.

They're not really harming anyone, they do create a good atmosphere and I wouldn't want to see them banned as this is the age group the club really need to appeal to.

I would also suggest that every other Saints fan in the other areas of the ground enjoyed a night they will never forget and managed to avoid breaking any seats or setting off smoke bombs.

Just saying...

Singing, standing, going crazy when Saints score... It's all great... The club needs young folk like this to be infectious about the team and attend matches with their friends. Just don't get the club into bother and don't deliberately cost them money having to pay for replacement seats. We are not all knowing. We don't know how much it costs to replace seats.

Nah, disagree Seany, I made a point of having a look and seemed quite a few from where I was. Ormond end tbh, but certainly looked double figures, unless some were just stuck in a half up half down position.

We were at The Ormond end yesterday as well and it looked like there was only a very small amount of buckled seats.

They're not really harming anyone, they do create a good atmosphere and I wouldn't want to see them banned as this is the age group the club really need to appeal to.

I'd never want to see folk banned (obvious exceptions for bigots and violent types) but I think it could be beneficial if someone representing the club perhaps had a word in private with a few of the people in question (I'd assume that they know who a good number of them are) and make it clear that whilst they appreciate the atmosphere which they help to create (for they are indeed good at this) damaging the stadium and also doing things which could risk the club being fined will not be tolerated.

One of the best games in our history and the thread is getting dominated over broken ****ing seats............really ?  Mods is it okay if i start up a moaning greeting face vs who gives a toss thread and let this continue there ?

Edited by chips

One of the best games in our history and the thread is getting dominated over broken ****ing seats............really ?  Mods is it okay if i start up a moaning greeting face vs who gives a toss thread and let this continue there ?

This is not a match thread that has been overtaken by people moaning about the smoke bombs and broken seats. It's a dedicated thread completely independent from the match thread so as not to detract from that. If you and others don't want to read it, you don't actually have to.

It's not up to anyone (moderators excepted) to decide when threads close and what topics are suitable for others to discuss. Threads naturally fall away when nobody has anything left to say. That is what forums are all about.