Prices For Thurs V Minsk

saintbear

Where on the Facebook statement say that it's £16 for an adult with U12s in all stands??? It doesn't! It says U12s get in for free with a paying adult - that paying adult will have to pay the adult price ie £25 in North/East and £26 in West. If an adult taking U12s wants to get in for £16 they have to go in the Ormond which is the DESIGNATED FAMILY STAND.

My goodness, it's no difficult...!

Think the pricing for this game is really fair. Me and my 13 year old have a season ticket for the east stand. If I want to sit here for the game it's going to cost me £34, but I'm seriously thinking about moving to the or or ormond stand where we would both get in for only £21!! Surely there's others in the same boat as me who could do the same?

If money wasn't an issue, of course I'd want to stay in my normal east stand seat, but saints deserve huge credit for the pricing policy they have in place which for me will probably make the difference between being able to take my son opposed to being priced out.

I think a big part of the problem is that a lot of us have spent money over the holidays and here we are only one game into the new season and already paying for a second European game. It's not saints fault, just the price for being successful!

Putting off new families????

Ormond stand: 1 adult and 2 children 12 and under £16

**As always, in addition to the normal Ormond Family Stand arrangement, a maximum of two children aged 12 and under will be admitted free of charge with one paying adult in the East, West and North Stands.

That is a fantastic deal for new families! Where else do you go and get a competitive European game where an adult and two kids get in for £16?

----

I know plenty folk my age (early twenties) who take one look at £25 and say no chance. These guys are going to grow up and have a family but will have very little interest in Saints because they weren't enticed when the going was good.

Get them hooked now, so when they have a family there kids will be Saintees. That's exactly how I'm a devoted saints fan now. If the prices were so high 15 years ago and my old man didn't bother going and then taking me as a kid who's to say I would be so passionate now?

We're on the downward spiral. The proof is there for all to see. When were down to our last 1000 core supporters in the next 10 yr will everyone be happy with the £35 entry fee to "cover the costs"?

Scottish football and saints are playing a risky game here.

Edited by Nick

----

I know plenty folk my age (early twenties) who take one look at £25 and say no chance. These guys are going to grow up and have a family but will have very little interest in Saints because they weren't enticed when the going was good.

Get them hooked now, so when they have a family there kids will be Saintees. That's exactly how I'm a devoted saints fan now. If the prices were so high 15 years ago and my old man didn't bother going and then taking me as a kid who's to say I would be so passionate now?

We're on the downward spiral. The proof is there for all to see. When were down to our last 1000 core supporters in the next 10 yr will everyone be happy with the £35 entry fee to "cover the costs"?

Scottish football and saints are playing a risky game here.

If we are talking about the price of Scottish football in general then I whole heartedly agree with you that prices are too high and thus people will be put off. That is a debate that needs to happen for the long term benefit of the game. However for this game in particular, when viewed against the normal prices for a standard SPFL game, the price is not bad at all. There is only a small surcharge to help Saints bank balance which has actually taken a hit with the European travel we have had to do. 

I would rather look back in the next 10 years and tell my kids that I was there to see Saints beat Rosenborg, to see Saints hopefully beat Minsk and make it too the play off stages, just like my family told me stories about Hamburg. In 10 years time, I doubt my kids will be too impressed when I show them £25 that I saved by not going.

I can fully understand why some people are feeling disgruntled, it's still pretty tough out there financially for some and £25 is a lot of money. Personally I was hoping £15 for season ticket holders again as I have a pretty tight month myself, however I was in no way expecting it. I will pay the £25 as I refuse to miss out on what could be an amazing night through some sort of misguided moral high ground.

It'll be nearly £40 once travel is included but I will scrape the pennies together come hell or high water to be there and support my team. I guess I'm more p*ssed off with my bank balance than I am the club itself.

Edited by SaintDougie

Even if its £25/26 for an adult with 2 kids for the Minsk game I bet clubs like Aberdeen, hibs etc that charge these prices but just for an adult on their  own and that's for spfl league games

Saints should be commended for their prices

Exactly, and for a European game they would offer NO discount to ST Holders and charge probably at least £10 for kids under 12.

Some Saints fans don't realise how good they have got it with the clubs pricing structure at the moment

I don't think any Scottish club lets ST holders in free or with a discount for European games (I could be wrong), so to get a £9 discount for the Rosenborg game was a bonus in my book. I'm more than happy to pay £25 to see this game, as it is far from over so we should see a good competitive game.

What folk have to mind is, it is costing Saints an awful lot of money for flights visas etc, this is money that has to recouped. Every chance they will have to fork out for visas for the next round plus an expensive charter.

If we get to the group stages, we won't make a great deal on the gate as we have a small capacity, we will have to rely on TV money to boost the coffers.

If we have a crowd of 6000 at the Minsk game and that includes 1000 under 12's, then we only have 5000 folk paying to get in. So we would probably just about make enough for a one way charter for the next round.

It is a sad fact of life, that because we have such a small fan base we have to pay that bit more for European glory.

I will be there on Thursday, but will be leaving my mobile phone at home ( dropped it at Rosenborg game and costing £100 to fix) :(

Tam, if we get to the group stages the £1 milliion appearance wil cover any costs.

I can see both points of view on the pricing structure, if at £25 we only get a crowd of 4000 - 5000 on Thursday and end up getting beaten will we not all be thinking what if we'd had another 1000 or so fans turn up, we could have made a difference in willling the team on.

I do think for families it's a great deal 2 under 12 kids free in any stand with a paying adult.

As a ST holder I'm happy to pay the £25 but there may be others that might have went if it was say £20, who will be now be put off by the price, ST and non ST holders alike, neutrals and so on will all have a figure in mind they're happy to pay, personally I wouldn't pay more than £30 for a football match no matter who I'm watching.

You can also counter argue where were the other 4500 home fans yesterday? Lets hope a lot of the Rosenburg crowd are saving their cash for Thursday, however I'm not convinced.

People will always find reasons or excuses for not going, so lets just make sure that those who do make enough noise to get the job done and get therough to the knock out round.

It's the atmosphere I'm worried about and the risk of not progressing.

CYS let's get stuck in.

As said above... 16quid for an adult and 2 children.  For an event that has happened less times in a 100 years than I have fingers.  I'm hoping not one of the moaners was supporting when we were in the lower divisions and stuck with away trips to Stranraer and Dumbarton???!

With all this success, I fear I may never get to see my beloved Saints in Stranraer, which saddens me.  I've seen them in some shocking places, but not there yet :(

With all this success, I fear I may never get to see my beloved Saints in Stranraer, which saddens me.  I've seen them in some shocking places, but not there yet :(

Well it is only thirteen pounds to watch Stranraer in the second division.......oh of course unless they are playing a big team like Sevco when there is a price hike of of five pounds to eighteen pounds. It seems far cheaper watching Scottish second division than a plumb european tie that is hanging in the balance. The good thing is that nobody is forced to go to McD on Thursday night and people have choices. For those that do not go because it is a pound extra, maybe in thirty years, if it takes that long to qualify again, then they can decide then to pay the extra pound or whatever it may be at the time.

Edited by AthensSaint

I fear for our future fan base. Putting off new families and supporters off with ridiculous prices. In 5 years we'll be lucky to hit the 2k home fans mark. Poor show saints.

Far too short sighted.

What an utterly bemusing post. Saints have the best family deal in the Premiership. They have worked hard to re-establish the Ormond stand as the family stand, and have offered very significantly discounted entry to families. Either you were unaware of this and your comment was based upon this ignorance, or you are plain stupid.

It's a bit expensive and I don't really understand the £1 price rise. I also think Saints need to realise that, while the family deal is excellent, not everyone takes a kid with them and the fact that children get in free/cheap makes no difference to many of us. But what really gets me is the moaning from season ticket holders. It's been a few years since I bought an ST, but presumably it's still the case that when you buy your ST you know exactly what the package includes? And presumably that didn't include European game this season? So where's the complaint?

By buying a season ticket you're already getting a bloody good discount on the gate price, yet still people want more. The club aren't a charity - they need to make money to pay the players so that we can all sit and moan at them, especially after the expense of these European matches. This is an absolutely massive game for the club - if people don't think this game is worth paying for, it makes me wonder whether they'll ever be happy.

C'mon if you can afford to go on thur night please come along your support makes all the difference to the saints players

If your skint there's enough of us to chip in and buy a few tickets here and there

This is a massive game and its part of our fairytale European adventure,lets face it who would have predicted saints beating rosrnborg and now were on the brink of play offs for the group stages

Please come along

I'm struggling to remember, but I had planned to go to that game and for some reason didn't make it.  Can't remember why it was though.

1-1 after 90 mins so went to extra time and Michael Moore scored twice. Some wee fannies were giving me and the old man the vicky on the way out the car park! Superb.