Europa League Play-Off Round

ex-montrosesaintee

For talking sakes and not wanting to put a jinx on things,but if we were to progress through to the play off round and got drawn against one of the giants,lets say Spurs for example.Without trying to sound too doom and gloom about it but it would be a guaranteed big big crowd with possible great TV revenue,would we even consider taking our home leg to a bigger ground to generate the better income for ourselves ?

I hope not. Our home ties should always and I am 100% sure will be at McDiarmid.

Thats my way of thinking but in this day and age i can see why teams look to generate that extra income from potentially one off games (at home)

Edited by chips

taking the home match to say likes of Dundee,will profit Dundee and not Perth

Taking the home match to a bigger ground of course will benefit the owners of stadium and city used but also the team "renting" may well see a major upturn in revenue from a crowd that may excess 15k more through the gate than what they would have had at their own ground.........Just a thought,i certainly would want to keep it in Perth.

Edited by chips

I would take Dinamo Minsk! They are probably quite beatable. Wouldn't be great for getting to obviously but I either want a massive team, I'm talking Fiorentina, Spurs etc or a winnable tie. The Cypriot team for example.

The Cypriot team reached the Champions League Quarter Final last year.

For talking sakes and not wanting to put a jinx on things,but if we were to progress through to the play off round and got drawn against one of the giants,lets say Spurs for example.Without trying to sound too doom and gloom about it but it would be a guaranteed big big crowd with possible great TV revenue,would we even consider taking our home leg to a bigger ground to generate the better income for ourselves ?

Would be a great way to protect our precious unbeaten at McDiarmid record...

Spurs would play a mixed team of reserves and youths against a team like us so ive no interest in a glamour tie if we get through.

Much rather have a chance to get to the groups where we'd have loads of glamour games!

That is a really good point actually. How seriously would a team like Spurs take us? The 'glamour' tie could be watching us get beat by a team full of players we have never heard of

Even for Spurs, the £1m for making the groups is important. To them we are the 3rd best team in Scotland, who took 7 points off Celtic last season (more than anyone else?) and just beat Rosenborg.

I do not believe they'd send their B team.

We took 5 points off celtic  :razz:

There would be absolutely no benefit in taking the game away from Perth. For any financial benefit (after ground hire extra stewarding plus travel expenses for team etc) to happen I would suggest we would need to sell 20,000+ tickets (and that is not going to happen no matter who we draw). That would mean taking the game to Glasgow and that is adefinite non starter.

There would be absolutely no benefit in taking the game away from Perth. For any financial benefit (after ground hire extra stewarding plus travel expenses for team etc) to happen I would suggest we would need to sell 20,000+ tickets (and that is not going to happen no matter who we draw). That would mean taking the game to Glasgow and that is adefinite non starter.

IF we get through and IF we draw a team that might fill the stadium (realistically only a couple of clubs will be able to do that); then the best solution would surely be to to issue vouchers at the preceding home game; boosting the crowd there and providing extra revenue over and above the tie itself.