Kilmarnock V Saints 11/8/13

The Inspiration

This result will be a similair story this season. At the moment we are a very hard working side with a solid defence. We won't score many goals unless we invest in a creative player.

Terry Butcher

Brilliant timing of these two posts!

Butcher was a decent centre half in his day ryan, but I don't think he's the creative player slick's looking for. 

Seriously though, another decent result or two for Caley this month and I think he'd be favourite.

Looks like Killie should have won but with 5 changes & no Cregg, McDonald ,hard emotional game on Thursday,we have to be content with a point.

Lack of goals a worry again this season.

Agreed, I'd have taken a point this morning, it's never an easy place to get anything. It's all domestic stuff from hereon in, so there'll be plenty of opportunities to rack up the goals and enjoy the performances .

Yes they do - OF managers have won millions of MotM, MotY of the back of European games. TW for MotM. Coys. Gosh, what a lot of acronyms. WTF.

Is there any way we can put pressure on to make this more likely to happen?

Remember that the Rosenborg games were in July, in any case

Great point in light of the circumstances. The search for another striker will no doubt be high on Tommy's to do list this week. We are solid at the back and have an exceptional keeper. It is going to take a strong team to score more than 2 goals against us this season.

Why the sudden need for a new striker, given the rave reviews May and MacLean have been getting on here as recently as a fortnight ago? And who would the new striker replace in the team?

Why the sudden need for a new striker, given the rave reviews May and MacLean have been getting on here as recently as a fortnight ago? And who would the new striker replace in the team?

I don't think we have the depth of options or ability in that position that we have in other areas of the pitch.

Doesn't mean that those agreeing suddenly think MacLean and May are shit :roll:

Edited by Edstar101

The May and McLean reviews have been deserved, I can only imagine Mac was given a bit of a rest today due to recent exploits, whereas May seems able to run forever. The only obvious replacement was Rory, and I think the jury's still out on him. It's not so much about who'd be replaced, more about strength in depth. We have 6 or 7 to cover the back four positions, and at least 8 for the midfield, all experienced players. The point about the front line is clear, May, McLean, Fallon. Then who?

Wish I hadn't bothered now. Felt like a pre-season game for the majority of the time

Line up was baffling and was bound to cause ourselves problems. The defence was fine, but having Edwards and Easton as the wide men of four was a bit daft, as neither have any idea how to play those roles. Easton seemed completely lost and had no idea what he was meant to be doing, while Edwards, for all his effort, couldn't get involved defensively or offensively. Millar was again useless with the ball but worked hard to win it back, showing that he needs a ball player beside him for him to be any good. While Muzz is showing signs of himself he isn't completely fit and it shows. May was his usual industrious self, but tired badly and probably shouldn't have played the ninety. While Fallon proved a nuisance he still gets bullied a fair bit

We never had any fluency, and we resorted to long ball after long ball in the vain hope we'd create something from absolutely nothing. Didn't change until we brought on Wotherspoon. We picked up a bit after that but it really wasn't good enough anyway. Felt like the game was crying out for Hasselbaink to be honest

Need to improve massively if we're to really challenge for Europe again. But it's maybe not so bad since it was a botched up squad in an early season game away from home

I don't think we have the depth of options or ability in that position that we have in other areas of the pitch.

Doesn't mean that those agreeing suddenly think MacLean and May are shit :roll:

I wasn't suggesting that was the case - but I do think it's can be a knee-jerk reaction as soon as we have a couple of goalless games to suggest we need to bring in a new striker, without considering what sort of role that new player will play. 

I do think we need some extra cover up front, but I'd be looking for a decent, young player who might be able to step up if given the chance, rather than an established striker who isn't going to be happy playing second fiddle to May, McLean or even Fallon.

They're causing us more problems than us them. Fairly even stuff, but giving possession away cheaply is our issue today. Could go either way, ours hopefully.

Noticed TW mentioned possession in his post match interview. Not often anyone confirms my thoughts :)

I wasn't suggesting that was the case - but I do think it's can be a knee-jerk reaction as soon as we have a couple of goalless games to suggest we need to bring in a new striker, without considering what sort of role that new player will play. 

I do think we need some extra cover up front, but I'd be looking for a decent, young player who might be able to step up if given the chance, rather than an established striker who isn't going to be happy playing second fiddle to May, McLean or even Fallon.

I reckon we need a poacher type.....young or old, I don't care really, but a young guy would be good. What we will probably get is a young loanee