Stewards And Police Today

THE LARK SAINT

If you take the Pyro out of the equation  i thought  the Stewards and Police were a bit heavy handed today,Surrounded the group behind the goal like they were Chelsea head hunters,.Looked to be horsing  folk out for next to nothing.30 Years ago we all got together on the terraces  and sung our hearts out, most of us were steaming, so like i said Minus the Pyro, Why so heavy handed!?

If you take the Pyro out of the equation  i thought  the Stewards and Police were a bit heavy handed today,Surrounded the group behind the goal like they were Chelsea head hunters,.Looked to be horsing  folk out for next to nothing.30 Years ago we all got together on the terraces  and sung our hearts out, most of us were steaming, so like i said Minus the Pyro, Why so heavy handed!?

They have brought it on themselves and can have no grounds for complaint if people show them no respect. They have demonstrated on too many occasions now that, left to their own devices, they can't behave in a respectable manner

I've had it with these tits since the Rosenbourg game when the Club & tannoy announcer implored fans to stay off the pitch for fear of a UEFA fine and it was blatantly ignored. I love banter & patter at the Football but this so-called "Young Team" are just hooligans and an embarrassment to the club.

You can't take the pyro out of the equation though. That's why they surrounded them in the first instance. They then went away - only for someone to let off a smoke bomb the second they walked away.

Then at half time they relaxed again - and were actually actively going on a charm offensive with people, with two separate cops coming up to us and engaging us in some good, friendly chat. Then some idiot set off an actual firework, meaning they were surrounded again.

As far as I could tell four were thrown out - one for being so drunk he couldn't stand up, and once for each "pyro" incident.

They have no-one to blame but theirselves. You can't stand their singing "heavy hands empty stands" when you're actively breaking the law and doing exactly what you've been told NOT to do.

As others have said Larky, the young team's behaviour and reputation has brought this on.  My main gripe would be that it's not only them who will be affected by this.  What happened 30 years ago is irrelevant - and the huge difference from 30 years ago is the internet.

This season alone supposed fans of our team have;

- let off smoke bombs at our European games and invaded the pitch

- spat at oppositions players

- damaged seats at more than one away ground

- ran on the pitch towards an opposition manager

- stolen ICT fans flag

- stolen Hearts fans drum

What are you expecting? They are a disgrace to our good club and our usually well behaved away support.

and we have still to get the usual appearance from one of their number either blaming it on OF fans, telling us 'older' ones to get a life or getting lippy....and then we will undoubtedly hear from one or two of their older 'sponsors' who will tell us not to judge until we know the facts etc etc and how, really, they are decent lads etc etc etc

This shit happened 25 years ago and will happen 25 years from now . Old/sensible/do gooder types will moan like you all are now . It's the cycle of life , shit happens , boys will be boys .

When i was young at the football Saints fans fought with the police , spraypainted opposing teams plastic pitch , threw fireworks at opposing fans , put people through shop windows for ****s sake !

Only difference now is every man and his dog sees it on the internet and gets to put his/her view on forums like this.

This shit happened 25 years ago and will happen 25 years from now . Old/sensible/do gooder types will moan like you all are now . It's the cycle of life , shit happens , boys will be boys .

When i was young at the football Saints fans fought with the police , spraypainted opposing teams plastic pitch , threw fireworks at opposing fans , put people through shop windows for ****s sake !

Only difference now is every man and his dog sees it on the internet and gets to put his/her view on forums like this.

It's not something to boast about tbh. Embarassing then, embarassing now.

As others have mentioned,  what happened. 30 years ago is irrelevant.  If you think what happened today is ok and give it your full backing, then I'm afraid Larky you will have to grow up.

P.S. Hope your head is feeling better 

Anfileld 6-0 Saints

I think the daftest part was the fact they were surrounded by about 20 policeman and still decided to let of a fire cracker right in their faces not expecting to get spotted...

BRAINS OF BRITAIN.

Thing is....getting chucked out will make them big in the eyes of their mates....they have no interest in actually watching the game and genuinely supporting the team

As others have mentioned,  what happened. 30 years ago is irrelevant.  If you think what happened today is ok and give it your full backing, then I'm afraid Larky you will have to grow up.

P.S. Hope your head is feeling better 

Not the only one in My age group to Comment on heavy handed stuff today though, so do we all need to grow up?Its only an opinion, and as others have said worse went on years ago.Im not defending it just observing i thought it was OTT today.I dont excuse hair throwing,Spitting ect, ect , but saw none of the today, just boisterous laddies singing and cheering the team on.And my heads fine now, Ta.

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

Not the only one in My age group to Comment on heavy handed stuff today though, so do we all need to grow up?

Trouble is, right or wrong, the young laddies are making a 'name' for themselves and will get special attention from The Gendarmerie wherever Saints go.

The nonsense in The Plough before the game, whether they were at fault or otherwise, didn't really endear them to other Saints fans either.

Thing is....getting chucked out will make them big in the eyes of their mates....they have no interest in actually watching the game and genuinely supporting the team

I love the mentality in that.

lets pay to get in... then get chucked out before ko.

Edited by PerthSeany

Trouble is, right or wrong, the young laddies are making a 'name' for themselves and will get special attention from The Gendarmerie wherever Saints go.

The nonsense in The Plough before the game, whether they were at fault or otherwise, didn't really endear them to other Saints fans either.

???????